forum

toby fox - Your Best Friend (Slowed)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on miércoles, 21 de diciembre de 2016 at 16:53:56

Artist: toby fox
Title: Your Best Friend (Slowed)
Source: Undertale
Tags: radiation flowey the flower
BPM: 124
Filesize: 1781kb
Play Time: 01:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1,27 stars, 66 notes)
  2. Hard (2,56 stars, 231 notes)
  3. Normal (1,98 stars, 141 notes)
Download: toby fox - Your Best Friend (Slowed)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
<- PREV (002).........................................003/100........................................(004) NEXT ->

Check out Stefan's Version!
Thanks for mod!: Nephroid, _GamiGami, MoodyRPG, RSI __Phantomhive__ BounceBabe
Thanks for support!: bbj0920, TomArrow _GamiGami
Akiyama Mizuki
If you're gonna do all the tracks my support is with you
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

bbj0920 wrote:

It's the idea! Thanks! :D
TomArrow

DaxMasterix wrote:

bbj0920 wrote:

It's the idea! Thanks! :D
███████████████████████████████████

u are the hero we need
Flowey
M4M for your queue:

[General]
  1. You should make a storyboard that switches Flowey's face when the music changes.
  2. I always like harder difficulties. (Though I don't know how you can do that for this music.)
  3. I mostly play 5*+ maps, so I'm not that great at modding easy maps like these.
  4. That said, your hitsounds can definitely be improved.
[Easy]
00:00:553 (2) - The slider slide sound overpowers the music, especially since the music is so sparse. This applies to all difficulties.

00:13:618 (1) - Same with slider whistle.

00:39:728 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - This is a bit off center.

[Normal]
00:13:618 (1) - The slider tick doesn't sound good here.
00:21:360 (1) - ^
00:37:691 (1) - ^, and so on.

["Hard"]
This felt like a second normal rather than a hard.

00:00:069 (1,2,3,4) - The jumps on these are actually pretty large. You might want to reverse all of them.

00:00:069 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - There are way too many hitsounds going on here.
00:08:779 (3,4) - ^, and same for all the 1/3 reverse sliders.

00:23:430 (1,2,3,4) - Also pretty big jumps between them.

00:34:635 (3,4) - Blanket. It would make the jump better too.

01:03:058 (1) - This shape is pretty boring. Since it's hard difficulty, you can probably make some better looking sliders.
01:11:660 (1) - Is this the same slider?

[]
Good luck with your map!
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

Nephroid wrote:

M4M for your queue:

[General]
  1. You should make a storyboard that switches Flowey's face when the music changes. Will work on it after finish Start Menu one
  2. I always like harder difficulties. (Though I don't know how you can do that for this music.) It's hard to do a harder one
  3. I mostly play 5*+ maps, so I'm not that great at modding easy maps like these. no problem
  4. That said, your hitsounds can definitely be improved. ok!
[Easy]
00:00:553 (2) - The slider slide sound overpowers the music, especially since the music is so sparse. This applies to all difficulties. Fixed.

00:13:618 (1) - Same with slider whistle. I think this fits really well

00:39:728 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - This is a bit off center. And was mapped for it

[Normal]
00:13:618 (1) - The slider tick doesn't sound good here. Fixed.
00:21:360 (1) - ^
00:37:691 (1) - ^, and so on.

["Hard"]
This felt like a second normal rather than a hard. Yah but is harder than normal right? :3

00:00:069 (1,2,3,4) - The jumps on these are actually pretty large. You might want to reverse all of them.

00:00:069 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - There are way too many hitsounds going on here.
00:08:779 (3,4) - ^, and same for all the 1/3 reverse sliders.

00:23:430 (1,2,3,4) - Also pretty big jumps between them. I preffer to keep all those jumps since the map was mapped intentionally like that, It's not really hard at all, you just need to learn how to

00:34:635 (3,4) - Blanket. It would make the jump better too. IMO not really

01:03:058 (1) - This shape is pretty boring. Since it's hard difficulty, you can probably make some better looking sliders. Maybe but I feel this is perfect than other to abuse
01:11:660 (1) - Is this the same slider? Yeah It's = )

[]
Good luck with your map! Thanks!
Thanks men! Very appreciated! :)
_GamiGami
Coming from you M4M.

General Ideas :
<1> The entire song was a bit flat, so I recommend adding some hitsounds to improve the beat.
<2> I didn't really play easy songs like this but I try my best to mod this.
<3> I didn't find to many improvement, but I do recommend making a difficulty with small cs size and jumping, this maybe a tough difficulty for this map.

Easy :
00:29:542 (1) - This circle should be symmetric to the left side. ( Just a tiny tiny little bit )
00:39:728 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I think this part could move the center will be better.

Normal :
00:08:295 (2,3,4) - I seems a little bit to straight for me. I thinks this was better
00:10:231 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:12:166 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:36:163 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:40:238 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:42:275 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:44:312 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:57:144 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:59:295 (2,3,4) - Same ^
01:05:746 (2,3,4) - Same ^
01:07:897 (2,3,4) - Same ^
01:10:048 (2,3,4) - Same ^

Hard :
Just some suggestion for this difficulty, I think you could add some stream between sliders, it will be more challenging and fun. :)

This was all I get for you, Good luck with your map! :)
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

_GamiGami wrote:

Coming from you M4M.

General Ideas :
<1> The entire song was a bit flat, so I recommend adding some hitsounds to improve the beat. Will try
<2> I didn't really play easy songs like this but I try my best to mod this. :3
<3> I didn't find to many improvement, but I do recommend making a difficulty with small cs size and jumping, this maybe a tough difficulty for this map. :oo

Easy :
00:29:542 (1) - This circle should be symmetric to the left side. ( Just a tiny tiny little bit ) Moved.
00:39:728 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - I think this part could move the center will be better. moved.

Normal :
00:08:295 (2,3,4) - I seems a little bit to straight for me. I thinks this was better It break the flow if I change them :C
00:10:231 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:12:166 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:36:163 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:40:238 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:42:275 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:44:312 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:57:144 (2,3,4) - Same ^
00:59:295 (2,3,4) - Same ^
01:05:746 (2,3,4) - Same ^
01:07:897 (2,3,4) - Same ^
01:10:048 (2,3,4) - Same ^

Hard :
Just some suggestion for this difficulty, I think you could add some stream between sliders, it will be more challenging and fun. :) I think so but I cannot abuse if there is no need to :?

This was all I get for you, Good luck with your map! :) Thanks you so much!
Yay! Thanks for it! Very appreciated :D
[ Drop ]
are you going to map the whole undertale Sound track? XD
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

choikapo wrote:

are you going to map the whole undertale Sound track? XD
Yes ;) and rank it for sure
MoodyRPG
3/100

General
  1. ok
Easy
  1. 00:08:295 (2) - No creo que afecte pero podrias mover el slider para que se vea un poco el reverse-arrow
  2. 00:52:843 (2) - Podrias mover este slider a x:176, y:125, asi hace con el slider anterior una especie de cruz (si lo haces acomoda la simetria con los siguientes objetos)
Normal
  1. 00:17:973 (2,3,4) - Crtl+J para estas notas? Asi hace variacion con el patron anterior
  2. 00:43:294 (5) - Whistle?
  3. 01:11:660 (1) - Aqui falto agregar un whistle en el slider-body
Hard
  1. 00:37:182 (4) - Haz este slider diferente a (3), con un Crtl+J quedaria bien en mi opinion
Muy bien hecho el mapset

Buena suerte :>
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

MoodyRPG wrote:

3/100

General
  1. ok
Easy
  1. 00:08:295 (2) - No creo que afecte pero podrias el slider para que se vea un poco el reverse-arrow podrías qué hombre xD Movi2
  2. 00:52:843 (2) - Podrias mover este slider a x:176, y:125, asi hace con el slider anterior una especie de cruz (si lo haces acomoda la simetria con los siguientes objetos) lo haría pero pierde la senda simetría hermano
Normal
  1. 00:17:973 (2,3,4) - Crtl+J para estas notas? Asi hace variacion con el patron anterior prefiero flow
  2. 00:43:294 (5) - Whistle? whoops Added.
  3. 01:11:660 (1) - Aqui falto agregar un whistle en el slider-body Added.
Hard
  1. 00:37:182 (4) - Haz este slider diferente a (3), con un Crtl+J quedaria bien en mi opinion Los saltos son acordes al D.S so.. I don't think so
Muy bien hecho el mapset Gracias bro, despues te pago :*

Buena suerte :> ty :>
Gracias moody! Very appreciated
MoodyRPG
ups, se me olvido poner "mover" xD

Toma una star
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

MoodyRPG wrote:

ups, se me olvido poner "mover" xD

Toma una star
xDD Gracias :D 8-)
mr tribble
heyo, m4m from your queue o/
not that great at easy stuff but ill try :C
Easy
Honestly cant see anythign really off here, gj :D

Normal
if you angled 00:37:691 (1,2) - to be the same angle as 00:36:163 (2,3,4) - i think it would fit the overall pattern of your map better
same with 01:11:660 (1,2) - and 01:10:048 (2,3,4) - i guess, you dont have to do these though, i just think it would look a little better

Hard
00:16:521 (3,4) - if you could make these 2 more of a blanket i think it would look nicer
i am just curious why places like these 00:41:256 (4,1) - are so much shorter ds in comparison to places of similar sounds and patterns, like 00:33:107 (4,1) -
00:54:456 (1,2,3,4) - could you make the ds of this section the same? ie: make a better trangle out of 00:54:456 (1,2,3) -

Overall i really like the mapset, wish i could be more helpful but i am not really that great at easier diffs :/
keep up the good work :D
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

[ RSI ] wrote:

heyo, m4m from your queue o/ o/
not that great at easy stuff but ill try :C kk :3
Easy
Honestly cant see anythign really off here, gj :D Yey! :3

Normal
if you angled 00:37:691 (1,2) - to be the same angle as 00:36:163 (2,3,4) - i think it would fit the overall pattern of your map better I think it's ok like that
same with 01:11:660 (1,2) - and 01:10:048 (2,3,4) - i guess, you dont have to do these though, i just think it would look a little better

Hard
00:16:521 (3,4) - if you could make these 2 more of a blanket i think it would look nicer
i am just curious why places like these 00:41:256 (4,1) - are so much shorter ds in comparison to places of similar sounds and patterns, like 00:33:107 (4,1) - Fixed.
00:54:456 (1,2,3,4) - could you make the ds of this section the same? ie: make a better trangle out of 00:54:456 (1,2,3) - Fixed.

Overall i really like the mapset, wish i could be more helpful but i am not really that great at easier diffs :/ Don't worry xD
keep up the good work :D thanks you!
thanks you for mod! Very appreciated! :D
__Phantomhive__
Hey. Great Map^^. I only have one suggestion for Hard.

Instead of making it like this all the time(picture1)

you could make it like this(picture2).

Then it would be more varied. But maybe you did it like this(picture 1) on purpose.

However, good luck with the map. :3
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

__Phantomhive__ wrote:

Hey. Great Map^^. I only have one suggestion for Hard.

Instead of making it like this all the time(picture1)

you could make it like this(picture2).

Then it would be more varied. But maybe you did it like this(picture 1) on purpose. OH LORD YOU'RE A GENIUUS

However, good luck with the map. :3
Tiny advice, BIG CHANGES
Thanks!
Repost for kudoses plas :C
BounceBabe
M4M from you Q. So sorry again about the wait >< I completely forgot - too busy.

What I checked in your mapset
Each point from the list below will have a check mark next to it (✓/ ✕/ ✫). This will tell you whether I checked that point or not.
✓= I checked this point and everything is okay.
✕= I didn't check this point because I think it doesn't need checking.
✫= I checked this point but something needs fixing (explained in the mod)

osu!wiki Modding page
osu!wiki Ranking Criteria page
NEW: BNG Rules & Information

📖 General 📖
✓ Mapset difficulty spread (Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane)
> SR and gameplay gap between difficulties
> Difficulty settings if noticeably wrong chosen
> Difficulty level naming

✓ Map design
> Background (Does the image relate to the song?)
> Combo colours (Do they match the BG?)
> Skin (missing elements and resolution checks)
> SB (if available - osb. files, SB load, coding, epilepsy warning if flashy) or video (NSFW?)

✫ Metadata & Beatmap folder
> Resolution of images (1024x768 / 800x600 pixels for 4:3, 1366x768 / 852x480 pixels for 16:9)
> Preview point
> mp3 (length must be min 30 sec drain time, bit rate, quality)
> Hitsounds (wav. format, length min. 100ms, quality,...)
> Multiple files (osb., hitsounds, images,...)
> Source of the song (unless it's a song I can't find anything about)
> Tags

🕗 Timing 🕗
✕ KIAI time and breaks
✕ Timing changes
✕ BPM & Offset

🎧 Sound 🎧
✓ Hitsounds (Do they match the song?)
✓ Hitsound patterns
✓ Hitsound volume (Timing points)
✫ Rhythm of hit objects (Do they match the song?)

🖰 Object Gameplay 🖰
✓ Reasonable spacing and patterns, spacing inconsistencies, Jumps, Anti-Jumps, special patterns
✓ Flow and transition
✫ Overmapping, SV changes
✓ Other Issues
> Interface overlaps
> Hidden objects that are hard to read due to coverage (overlaps)
> Stacking
> Unsnapped objects
> Spinner (4 beats - Easy, 2 beats - Normal)

👀 Visual Gameplay 👀
✫ Combo patterns, new combos for special cases (SV change, jumps that are hard to read)
✓ Readability of objects
✓ Blankets, symmetry
✫ Variety of patterns

Icon Legend
[]
  1. Includes a suggestion / Suggestion:
  2. I recommend that you fix this:
  3. Unrankable, so you have to fix this:
  4. Not unrankable but I strongly disagree with this:
  5. I'm not sure why you used this. Explain it to me please:
General
[]

1. Your soft-sliderslide is unrankable because it's only 2,59 kb. The minimum of a silent hitsound has to be 44 kb to avoid causing soundcard issues. You can download a 44 kb .wav file here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria#Audio
  2. Your OD for Normal could be 4,5 instead of 5 as the rest of your settings are evenly spread across the mapset :P http://puu.sh/rDmVM/d2aab8fcca.png Just to be consistent.
Easy
[]

• Combo:
  1. 00:09:747 (3) - Add NC for consistency. You broke your combo pattern here.
Normal
[]

• Spacing:
  1. 00:15:069 (3) - 01:04:671 (3) - has a tiny spacing inconsistency. You could fix this for appearance and proper spacing.

Rhythm & Pattern:
  2. 00:08:295 (2,3) - OR 00:08:537 (3,4) - I know that you're limited by the song to find various kinds of patterns but only 3 circles all the time is a bit bland. Why not replace some of those with a slider instead? Although I'd suggest to replace 00:08:295 (2,3) - with a slider as it is musically more correct if you listen to the pitch.
  3. 00:00:069 (1,2) - ^ you could instead of having a 1/1 slider and then 2 circles on the white ticks, reverse these. So you have 2 circles on 2 beats and then a 1/1 slider. Would spice the map up a bit more. Before: http://puu.sh/rDmIh/fba694564a.jpg After: http://puu.sh/rDmHd/cdd5d92203.png
Hard
[]

Your Hard difficulty is completely overmapped. The song is a bit song. There is not much to map to unfortunately. You added a lot of elements that are not in the song which are empty notes and literally follow nothing They should be removed for it not to be overmapped. 00:00:392 (2,4,6,8) - 00:02:328 (2,4,6,8) - etc The 1/2 sliders are fine 00:00:069 (1) - but only because the bits have an echo.

That's pretty much the only thing that is a massive issue to me. You could've toyed around with the settings of the difficulty, increase SV and DS to make it a bit harder but this is purely wrong. I strongly suggest that you polish this up. Overmapping is never a good thing.

Overall
[]

1. Not much to find honestly. It's a relaxing song and mapset. A bit bland now and again in regards to patterns. Hitsounds are fine. The only issue that really is a no-go for me is the overmapping on the Hard difficulty. It's just not in the music. Overall it's a short and sweet mapset tho.
Please include the code below in your mod reply and use the free space to give me additional feedback about my mod. (How you liked it, your thoughts about my mod, what I could do better, what I could include or exclude, anything that I should look into with more detail ... ). It will help me to improve my future mods. Any constructive feedback is appreciated. Thanks :)
[u]Additional Feedback[/u]

[img]https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/images/icons/misc/heart.gif[/img] [color=#00BF00]What I liked:[/color]
[img]https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/images/icons/misc/heartpop.gif[/img] [color=#FF0000]What I disliked:[/color]
[img]https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/images/icons/misc/thinking.gif[/img] What you could improve:
Topic Starter
DaxMasterix

BounceBabe wrote:

M4M from you Q. So sorry again about the wait >< I completely forgot - too busy.

What I checked in your mapset
Each point from the list below will have a check mark next to it (✓/ ✕/ ✫). This will tell you whether I checked that point or not.
✓= I checked this point and everything is okay.
✕= I didn't check this point because I think it doesn't need checking.
✫= I checked this point but something needs fixing (explained in the mod)

osu!wiki Modding page
osu!wiki Ranking Criteria page
NEW: BNG Rules & Information

📖 General 📖
✓ Mapset difficulty spread (Easy, Normal, Hard, Insane)
> SR and gameplay gap between difficulties
> Difficulty settings if noticeably wrong chosen
> Difficulty level naming

✓ Map design
> Background (Does the image relate to the song?)
> Combo colours (Do they match the BG?)
> Skin (missing elements and resolution checks)
> SB (if available - osb. files, SB load, coding, epilepsy warning if flashy) or video (NSFW?)

✫ Metadata & Beatmap folder
> Resolution of images (1024x768 / 800x600 pixels for 4:3, 1366x768 / 852x480 pixels for 16:9)
> Preview point
> mp3 (length must be min 30 sec drain time, bit rate, quality)
> Hitsounds (wav. format, length min. 100ms, quality,...)
> Multiple files (osb., hitsounds, images,...)
> Source of the song (unless it's a song I can't find anything about)
> Tags

🕗 Timing 🕗
✕ KIAI time and breaks
✕ Timing changes
✕ BPM & Offset

🎧 Sound 🎧
✓ Hitsounds (Do they match the song?)
✓ Hitsound patterns
✓ Hitsound volume (Timing points)
✫ Rhythm of hit objects (Do they match the song?)

🖰 Object Gameplay 🖰
✓ Reasonable spacing and patterns, spacing inconsistencies, Jumps, Anti-Jumps, special patterns
✓ Flow and transition
✫ Overmapping, SV changes
✓ Other Issues
> Interface overlaps
> Hidden objects that are hard to read due to coverage (overlaps)
> Stacking
> Unsnapped objects
> Spinner (4 beats - Easy, 2 beats - Normal)

👀 Visual Gameplay 👀
✫ Combo patterns, new combos for special cases (SV change, jumps that are hard to read)
✓ Readability of objects
✓ Blankets, symmetry
✫ Variety of patterns

Icon Legend
[]
  1. Includes a suggestion / Suggestion:
  2. I recommend that you fix this:
  3. Unrankable, so you have to fix this:
  4. Not unrankable but I strongly disagree with this:
  5. I'm not sure why you used this. Explain it to me please:
General
[]

1. Your soft-sliderslide is unrankable because it's only 2,59 kb. The minimum of a silent hitsound has to be 44 kb to avoid causing soundcard issues. You can download a 44 kb .wav file here https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Ranking_Criteria#Audio Fixed.
  2. Your OD for Normal could be 4,5 instead of 5 as the rest of your settings are evenly spread across the mapset :P http://puu.sh/rDmVM/d2aab8fcca.png Just to be consistent. Changed.
Easy
[]

• Combo:
  1. 00:09:747 (3) - Add NC for consistency. You broke your combo pattern here. Added.
Normal
[]

• Spacing:
  1. 00:15:069 (3) - 01:04:671 (3) - has a tiny spacing inconsistency. You could fix this for appearance and proper spacing. Fixed. I think..

Rhythm & Pattern:
  2. 00:08:295 (2,3) - OR 00:08:537 (3,4) - I know that you're limited by the song to find various kinds of patterns but only 3 circles all the time is a bit bland. Why not replace some of those with a slider instead? Although I'd suggest to replace 00:08:295 (2,3) - with a slider as it is musically more correct if you listen to the pitch. I cannot force patterns at all just for variety
  3. 00:00:069 (1,2) - ^ you could instead of having a 1/1 slider and then 2 circles on the white ticks, reverse these. So you have 2 circles on 2 beats and then a 1/1 slider. Would spice the map up a bit more. Before: http://puu.sh/rDmIh/fba694564a.jpg After: http://puu.sh/rDmHd/cdd5d92203.png I think is like the same, I feel is better how it's
Hard
[]

Your Hard difficulty is completely overmapped. The song is a bit song. There is not much to map to unfortunately. You added a lot of elements that are not in the song which are empty notes and literally follow nothing They should be removed for it not to be overmapped. 00:00:392 (2,4,6,8) - 00:02:328 (2,4,6,8) - etc The 1/2 sliders are fine 00:00:069 (1) - but only because the bits have an echo.

That's pretty much the only thing that is a massive issue to me. You could've toyed around with the settings of the difficulty, increase SV and DS to make it a bit harder but this is purely wrong. I strongly suggest that you polish this up. Overmapping is never a good thing. How can you be sure, that is no difference between overmapped and fullmaped beatmap, after all, this song is really don't giving me too much options to map (talking about a hard diff) I agree with you in that overmap can be looked when a mapper maps a diff where there is no need, like map an insane in a soft 60BPM song, but in this ocassion Is ok IMO, would be so boring have a nice song like this with just the normal like the hardest diff. Anyways, this is subjective.

Overall
[]

1. Not much to find honestly. It's a relaxing song and mapset. A bit bland now and again in regards to patterns. Hitsounds are fine. The only issue that really is a no-go for me is the overmapping on the Hard difficulty. It's just not in the music. Overall it's a short and sweet mapset tho. Thanks!
Additional Feedback

What I liked: DID YOU READ THE MOD, HOLY MOLLY.. Really cool way to mod, is a bit "hard" to manage all the stuff but, Kinda cool, funny IMO, IT'S A FEATUREE.
What I disliked: The nickname.
What you could improve: Score (? x/10 , And stuff like... Your own icons maybe (? Like ownmade gifs, I really don't know, I'm so lazy to "bounce" like you.

Very cool! Thanks you so much for the mod! I hope you'll be BN soon and rank my maps :D
Also, Thanks for the star. :P
BounceBabe

DaxMasterix wrote:

Additional Feedback

What I disliked: The nickname. :O
What you could improve: Score (? x/10 , And stuff like... Your own icons maybe (? Like ownmade gifs, I really don't know, I'm so lazy to "bounce" like you. Adding a score would be cruel because everyone has a different opinion about a map. Mappers would feel personally attacked lol. I think I'm too lazy to make my own icons xD but maybe i'll consider it since it's a nice idea!

Very cool! Thanks you so much for the mod! I hope you'll be BN soon and rank my maps :D haha i wish xD
Also, Thanks for the star. :P
Thanks a lot for the feedback!
paper2222
why doubles
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.