dionzz99 wrote:

whoa
i can't understand a thing @@
i honestly can't get any lower than this so
Shoegazer

dionzz99 wrote:

whoa
There's really not much to understand. You probably know that speed (or velocity) multiplied by time equals to distance. You can apply the same thing here.

I guess the only confusing bit is that the terms "SV distance" and "distance travelled" can be a bit confusing, but you can think of SV distance as units of time, the unit being something like "white lines".

Let's take the standard scroll speed as something like 1SV/white line. If sum of(ALL SV distances (i.e. time) * SV (i.e. speed)) is more than the number of white lines (since SV = 1, it can be ignored in the equation), the game will appear faster than usual. If the sum is less than the number of white lines, it will appear slower than usual.
Topic Starter
Evening

Shoegazer wrote:

dionzz99 wrote:

whoa
There's really not much to understand. You probably know that speed (or velocity) multiplied by time equals to distance. You can apply the same thing here.

I guess the only confusing bit is that the terms "SV distance" and "distance travelled" can be a bit confusing, but you can think of SV distance as units of time, the unit being something like "white lines".
hmm, i'll rephrase that
Shoegazer
I guess you can visualise it in a form of a speed-time graph? Think it should be easy to interpret for most people here.
Topic Starter
Evening

Shoegazer wrote:

I guess you can visualise it in a form of a speed-time graph? Think it should be easy to interpret for most people here.
that's an interesting way to visualise it, i'll see how i can append this interpretation
Topic Starter
Evening
Added another guide for graphical interpretation
Ciel
Man bringing out the calculus here woop.

I would personally list the area covered under each area of the graph with the final sum on the side. That way people can see you aren't pulling numbers out of thin air, and maybe help some people make the jump to using more subdivisions if they need to.
Topic Starter
Evening

Ciel wrote:

Man bringing out the calculus here woop.

I would personally list the area covered under each area of the graph with the final sum on the side. That way people can see you aren't pulling numbers out of thin air, and maybe help some people make the jump to using more subdivisions if they need to.
I assume you meant this, edited that in:

PS: edited in a note that says AUTG: Area Under The Graph
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
?
Jinjin

__M A S__ wrote:

?
It's easy :D

Damn we can expand this and do some weird ass sv physics stuff hueheue
abraker

iJinjin wrote:

Damn we can expand this and do some weird ass sv physics stuff hueheue
Topic Starter
Evening
yo, nice meme dude

considered trying to do those but jumping in and out of notepad and the editor is pretty ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓

it's kinda hard to visualize how i can do it mathematically but yea would be cool if someone converted that to osu
abraker
That actually gave me an idea to make a tool that converts animated stuff into 18x18 monochrome animations which then can be converted into an 18k beatmap file. It's an idea for now, and not sure when I will or if I will get around doing that.