forum

Simple LN Wall Converter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aqo
Made this for fun, this has already been done before, figured I'll share this anyway in case anyone likes the simple interface.

Noodle Maker: Download (version 2016.03.24)

How to use: just drag and drop .osu files on the .exe, an LN wall version will be created with _LN postfix.
If you want to batch convert a lot of files, you can just select all of them and drop together. it works.
The exe can be anywhere, it will have no effect on functionality or output directory.

Please report any bugs you find.
(if you tried to convert an .osu and it didn't convert at all, crash, or convert incorrectly, upload and post the .osu please)

JamesHappy
Is this the same as Xcrypt's noodle convert?

Anyway i tried to test this thing. But I can't find the .osu file that was converted into.

Here's the .osu file i was used to convert to.
Topic Starter
Aqo

JamesHappy wrote:

I can't find the .osu file that was converted into.
it's created in the same folder where your original file was.
you can pretty much just drag an .osu from its original folder, then press F5 ingame, and you'll already have the diff added.
the exe also explains this if you double-click it

(I just converted your file with no problem)

SPOILER
mfw you try to make your program as simple as possible

by the way here's a quick list of known issues at the moment to save you some time:
1. if your map has bpm changes it doesn't work very well. it does work but it will assume your entire map has the first bpm.
2. there is no end-user protection. if you try to convert files that aren't .osu files, it still tries its best. for your own safety, avoid this.
3. keysounds and custom hitsounds get deleted after the conversion
JamesHappy

Aqo wrote:

it's created in the same folder where your original file was.
the exe also explains this if you double-click it
i even look at the source and there's nothing new in there

EDIT:

Aqo wrote:

1. if your map has bpm changes it doesn't work very well. it does work but it will assume your entire map has the first bpm.
oh
Topic Starter
Aqo
can you post step by step screenshots? I'm having trouble figuring out what part you got stuck on
your "oh" is pointless. your map converts fine despite the bpm change.

step 1: drag your .osu file on top of the .exe
step 2: press 'y' to tell it 'yes' to convert
step 3: it should say "converted successfully!" you can close the program now
step 4: press F5 ingame to reprocess your maps and get the new difficulty
step 5: (optional) type "_LN" into search to see the new diff if you didn't see it right away
...that's it? assuming your .osu was inside osu/songs/songfolder to begin with.

SPOILER
I'm seriously having a hard time imagining how can this be any more user-friendly than it already is
JamesHappy
Here

inb4 Im doing it in a wrong way
Topic Starter
Aqo
congratulations, you found a way to do it wrong.

now try actually dragging the .osu into the .exe like I said you should do and not drag the .osu into the command line.
JamesHappy
Yeah i finally get it, my bad

But for now i'll just stick on Xcrypt's one
[Crz]Noire
for some weird reason your converter generated a map of 5.08★ into a one of 203.33★
Bobbias
Star rating is VERY broken when there are a lot of LNs. In particular, short LNs can REALLY screw with star rating. If that 5 star map has a lot of fast streams, that could really mess with things. Generally speaking fast single note streams are underrated when they are single notes, but because of how star rating calculates LNs, converting them to short LNs can drastically increase the star rating.
Soul Evans
This looks interesting, finally have something i can use for Inverse practice, thank you aqo for sharing this.
ArcherLove
You are the most beautiful
Garalulu
interesting.
Skochan
Why am I finding this just now . This is so nice :)
DJ K1RA
Download link is dead... :c