People of osu!, why are you single?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
took a 3 hour nap now the skin around the gash is all red and its sore
E m i

Ephemeral wrote:

alternatively just find a really cool person that you enjoy spending time with and spend lots of time with them

no expectations, no entering a relationship for a "purpose", just let things fuckin go the way they're supposed to go

to be fair i'd also probably be single if i hadn't met my fiancee in the last year of high school but i find that the methodology of generally eliminating one's expectations does wonders for relationships of all types
yes best post xd
Vuelo Eluko
i am Dying
B1rd

Ephemeral wrote:

alternatively just find a really cool person that you enjoy spending time with and spend lots of time with them

no expectations, no entering a relationship for a "purpose", just let things fuckin go the way they're supposed to go

to be fair i'd also probably be single if i hadn't met my fiancee in the last year of high school but i find that the methodology of generally eliminating one's expectations does wonders for relationships of all types
Why should you let go of your expectations? That implies settling for something substandard.

Unfortunately the real world doesn't work like that, the relationship between genders is determined very largely by biological principles. Sure you might meet someone and fall in love, but unless the relationship is grounded in practicality it will almost always fail. A man needs to have a successful career and life in order to get a good women, and women try to get the best man they can. This is the competition and natural selection that drives the human race forward.

For example, the divorce rate is much much higher if Western countries than it was a century ago. This is because the welfare state has made it so women do not need to financially rely on men, thus marriages are not the practical and mutually beneficial thing like it was last century. And it has resulted in an epidemic in single-motherhood which leads to an extremely negative effect on their children and thus society as a whole.

That's why I have always advocated against the state and leftism, it tries to cheat nature by creating 'equality' artificially, and encourages poverty, ineptitude, and the deterioration of society.

I recommend watching the entirety of this video, it gives a very good insight into this stuff. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Iwuctaa7u8
Aurani
DeletedUser_7520443

Aurani wrote:

Yes
Spiderman take this thread away
Far, far away
yay
B1rd
I don't try to bury the thread when you go on long monologues. Have some respect.
Aurani
You need some chill mate - eat a Snickers.
-SayaKai

Aurani wrote:

Cyclohexane

B1rd wrote:

A man needs to have a successful career and life in order to get a good women, and women try to get the best man they can. This is the competition and natural selection that drives the human race forward.

:roll:
B1rd

Aurani wrote:

You need some chill mate - eat a Snickers.
I'm not particularly mad, I just wish that for once I could have a conversation/debate on a forum about something (isn't that its purpose?) instead of having the people that don't agree just spamming pictures, smileys, or ridicule while ignoring the subject matter entirely. Like they're feminist at a Trump rally or something.

But I suppose that is too much to ask about leftist; I've said this before and I'll say it again, since their ideology is based on feels and not facts they will always avoid getting into a factual debate.
Aurani
The only reason I posted the picture is because what you wrote felt awfully dry and lifeless. I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with any of the points since I didn't want to start a discussion in the first place, but the way you wrote it feels out of place for this thread.
DeletedUser_7520443
Off Topic - For the not so logical discussions
Tbh I thought this was just a forum to dick around and have fun while in the General Discussion is where the debates are at
B1rd

Aurani wrote:

The only reason I posted the picture is because what you wrote felt awfully dry and lifeless. I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with any of the points since I didn't want to start a discussion in the first place, but the way you wrote it feels out of place for this thread.
If there is a place for it, then this is it.

QuillGill wrote:

Off Topic - For the not so logical discussions
Tbh I thought this was just a forum to dick around and have fun while in the General Discussion is where the debates are at
It's the opposite. GD is for post your x threads and circlejerking. There are no debates because debates only arise from natural conversations, of which there are basically none in GD and are all in Off-Topic. Even if there was an actual debate in GD, it would be quickly locked/deleted, because GD is more heavily moderated and mods do not allow and sort of dissension whatsoever, because osu! forums are a safe space where people shouldn't be subjected to the cyber-violence of having their opinions challenged.
Ephemeral

B1rd wrote:

words
ok i will humour you

Why should you let go of your expectations? That implies settling for something substandard.
it is extraordinarily hard to build meaningful expectations of something that has never actually happened before. a relationship is sort of like a chimera of two completely unique people smooshing themselves together in a way that is really quite unlike anything else ever. similarities may be drawn sure, but for the most part, you're going to be treading ground that literally nobody else in the history of mankind has ever tread before

tesla did crazy electric shit and the average lay man/woman/whatever does crazy shit in navigating the web of idiosyncrasies that govern the typical individual

so if you go into one of these relationships expecting x thing to happen and then be incredibly surprised when it doesn't based off little more than a preconception of how things should be (especially if you've never articulated this point to your partner before), then you're fucking stupid and that's why your relationships suck dick (or don't)

its basically like a little kid insisting they don't like waffles because they don't taste like oranges when they've never actually had an orange OR a waffle before. my partner should be x or have y features - good, go write a fucking book then, because good luck wasting your life viewing people as a product to be "assessed" rather than unique microcosms of personality in their own right.

expectations are dumb and the only ones you should carry in (if anything) are the basic tenets of self-respect. be reasonable, be yourself, and treat others as you'd like to be treated. i don't see how you could ever go wrong with that

Unfortunately the real world doesn't work like that, the relationship between genders is determined very largely by biological principles. Sure you might meet someone and fall in love, but unless the relationship is grounded in practicality it will almost always fail. A man needs to have a successful career and life in order to get a good women, and women try to get the best man they can. This is the competition and natural selection that drives the human race forward.
i kind of get where you're going here with the biological principles guff but that generally isn't a conscious mediator of where a relationship goes in most people from what i've seen. if this were actually the case, humanity wouldn't have spent several thousand years rolling around in utter mediocrity. people are flagrantly irrational beings and people do all sorts of shit just because they like how it is, like flower arrangement or urethral sounding. relationships are not free from this foible, if anything they're more privy to it than other things

a man needs to not be an incorrigible fuck more than having a career, tbh. the two are synonymous typically but sometimes they are not - there are plenty very successful people who end up alone because the same predominant traits that edge them towards "success" also prevent them from forming meaningful relationships with people in any capacity whatsoever.

"best" is whatever works for you given what is available. some people call this "settling" and maybe they instead want to waste their lives pursuing an intangible nothing, more power to them.

For example, the divorce rate is much much higher if Western countries than it was a century ago. This is because the welfare state has made it so women do not need to financially rely on men, thus marriages are not the practical and mutually beneficial thing like it was last century. And it has resulted in an epidemic in single-motherhood which leads to an extremely negative effect on their children and thus society as a whole.
it's more because there's no longer a fucking HUGE religious and social stigma re: divorce, tbh. single motherhood is another kettle of fish entirely and i'm not wholly sure how it is related, tbh

That's why I have always advocated against the state and leftism, it tries to cheat nature by creating 'equality' artificially, and encourages poverty, ineptitude, and the deterioration of society.
so you're a bonafide nihilo-anarchist then? i don't really know what else to say to that.

in general, i'm a very "go where the wind takes me" sort of person. i do believe that people can exercise their own local agency to pull themselves out of a shitty situation, but the course of one's life is generally dictated by things well beyond your control, and the entire point of life is to get along with these handicaps and do the best you can with them, and helping other people out along the way.

relationships are noooo different
Cyclohexane

Ephemeral wrote:

people are flagrantly irrational beings and people do all sorts of shit just because they like how it is, like flower arrangement or urethral sounding.
probably the #1 in my list of "lines i wish i could have come up with"

i don't have such a list but if i did it'd definitely top it
Vuelo Eluko
urethral sounding is a much more common kink in the west than it is in asia; our erectile tissue is generally much more elastic and capable of it, whereas in the east there's basically no way around it being unpleasant.
AshbeII
why ppl make walls text with no TLDR in offtopic pls it hurts my inner shitpost respect

also u can find a gf if u ask her i think it's the easiest, it works like play more
Cyclohexane
because if you don't have time to read other people's posts you probably don't have time to post either
Endie-
I don't have bad social skills, I just generally hate being around people in generall. Finding someone who likes that sort of person is gonna take some time.

Nobody cares either. "People don't give a shit about me, why should I give a shit about them?" is my mentality atm. I'm gonna stick to it until I find something that changes my mind.
Cyclohexane
protip people will not give a shit about you until you make the first move
Yuudachi-kun

Mr Color wrote:

Doesn't that imply that you're the one who gives a shit about the other person?

Doesn't this seem like a paradox? If no one gave a shit about anyone then no one ever makes the first move.
Endie-

Mr Color wrote:

I'll just have to find someone to give a shit about first. Then I'll take your "protip" to good use.
E m i

Khelly wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

Doesn't that imply that you're the one who gives a shit about the other person?

Doesn't this seem like a paradox? If no one gave a shit about anyone then no one ever makes the first move.
people do give a shit about other people and the potentially given reason for the other person to give a shit is already the first move, if there is none then it has to be made
big thing with me is that i would just hate having only one fucking thing on my mind at all times, the one thing being the significant other. relationships in general are just stupid; i see no benefit to them.
Ephemeral
i think about plenty of shit that isn't my dainty asian wife

you dont suddenly become a slavering fuckstick because you find someone cool to do shit with

well i mean, you USUALLY dont
Railey2

KingKlick[01] wrote:

big thing with me is that i would just hate having only one fucking thing on my mind at all times, the one thing being the significant other. relationships in general are just stupid; i see no benefit to them.
Can you see benefits to friendship then? Because there is definitely some overlap in terms of benefits you can get when you have either, a friendship or a relationship.

About your other point, that is usually not what happens. Being super on love is one thing, but usually your thoughts will just be.. normal. It's not like relationships brainwash you to use 98% of your capacity for the person you are with.
Qiyana
I'm 11, does that occur often?
Ephemeral
at 11 it is pretty much the only thing that happens

quite tragic really
Yuudachi-kun
In some countries, you can get married at 11
Ephemeral
some countries are also shit
notFunny
All I need is to stay in my clinic-internship with girls crazy as hell and boys who only needs waifu, anime and video games.
Joke aside, I'm really in an internship with peoples in wheelchairs and psychiatric patienters/students.
And I'm in the psychiatric side, because I stopped school and did n.e.e.t things. Bla bla bla.
So now I'm in. And I won't go outside since I finished high school. (and also have a girlfriend) ^^

(sorry for my terrible english)
FuZ

Furankuren wrote:

^^
DeletedUser_7520443
^^
notFunny
^______^
-Mystic
Because i'm very lazy and accommodated to even think about building something more serious bit by bit. I also don't open myself enough to ppl, so mostly of my relashionships atm are superficial, wirh little chance to evolve into something more.
Flaus
gril is gross n has co0ties
u s a g i
I'm not single... >.>
Ephemeral
GET OUT RIAJUU

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Cyclohexane
dumb frogposter
show more