forum

Mike Greene - Bill Nye the Science Guy Theme Song (Chinese I

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kibbleru
im not very good at arguments and i dont like drama so it might be worth dqing for now...
Chaoslitz
Better have to dq it now, at least we have to slow down to reply the mods before we push it forward till ranking..
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Maaan, I spent almost as much time mapping as editing the mp3 too.

Anyways, i'll just answer to the mods, whether this gets dq'ed or not, it's up to the QAT's now. I'm going to reply with the assumption that this may get dq'ed.

00:15:273 (1) - this repeat isnt following anything, definitely sounds more 1/3 though. The beat is even way off sync with the vocals here, but the timing doesn't adapt to either. This is mapped to the vocals which I've established are in 3/4 rhythm earlier. It's 3/4 here too and I can't see how it would be misread as some other rhythm.

00:11:523 (1,2) - I'd suggest silence the sliderends if they're not following anything but are just enlonged sliders that skips the beat. They're already using soft-samplesets which I think are quiet enough.

00:19:023 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1) - what exactly is this trying to follow? Neither vocals nor beat is whatThey're following the beats.

00:27:929 (2,3,4,5,1) - off timing, a bit too early along with the majority of the map. It's a case where the first note is ~4ms early and every subsequent 1/4 note is less and less off so if you really want a 127.99 red line here for accuracy I can put it there.

As for the timing, the original bpm on youtube is about 129.9 bpm. The original mp3 i timed ended up having like 16 red lines and bpm changes. From my experience timing, and mapping mapsets with horrible timing, only modders/mappers are concerned with "perfectly accurate" timing while players, especially top ranked/HR players will morelikely complain when a map is correctly timed.

Here are three maps where every timing shift is noted with bpm changes, or offset resets:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/289074
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/313239
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/323044

I can confidently say from the feedback I've gotten over the months, that while, according to the mapping community, timing these songs accurately is "best", for the players, the people actually playing this map, not looking at it at 25% speed, the bpm shifts and offset resets are just unreasonable because they don't contribute to rhythm. In a rhythm game, if one 1/2 beat is 400 ms apart, you naturally expect the next beat to be 400 ms apart, not 380, or 425 etc... That doesn't contribute to rhythm, even if it is more accurate.

Of course, theres also the argument "well what about maps like Roze, or etc..." those maps are centered around a changing bpm because they follow a piano that is consistently changing. They aren't trying to have a single, predictable rhythm. The song is best appreciated through those bpm changing values, and the player is fully prepared for that. They are not prepared for bpm and offset shifts on a song that is supposed to be a single bpm, as this song is. It just doesn't fit.

The vocals are clearly off tune because they aren't mapped with the intention of syncing with the music. With that said, the rhythms in this song almost exclusively map to the background drum, with the exception of the "beers" which I edited to be as accurate as possible lol.

I guess this is still a very relevant question to ask though, for those keen on the "timing" argument. If perfect timing is hurting a map's playability, should we still aim for perfect timing? I've learned to answer this with "no" and give the best offset I can, with some mp3 editing for sections that are really off.

I'm fine with this getting dq'ed because yea, I never intended for this drama to happen. It didn't happen when I speed-approved own the sky in 24 hours, or akaito in 36 hours, when i qualified 3 maps in one day, or when i qualified 8 maps one day after another. I don't know why this one got special treatment lol. It's just business as usual.

Anyways, thanks for the comments, lets calm down and wait for a QAT to decide how best to address this situation. I think everything that's wanted to be said about circlejerking/speedranking has already been said.
Shiirn
It boils down to the fact that it is a map purely "for the memes", there weren't that many mods, and the timing is still up in the air, yet it got speedranked. The final bit in that sentence only becomes relevant when the other three are taken into account. Speedranking in and of itself is not the issue brought up here.

i mean, please tell me this map isn't intended to be actually played? it's basically a 128bpm metronome to BEER BEER BEER. I, and i hope others, think this map is just for the hilarity of it, which is undeniable.

Even an objectively undeniable map can have suggestions that do indeed improve it overall. The phase where you go out and bug people for their input and advice and suggestions, or more likely in your case, due to the plain and highly effective style you tend to use, making sure you din' don screwed up somewhere, is vital. And skipping that entire phase is not only disappointing, but is only possible in the current ranking system by 'circlejerking'.

DQ or no, it's food for thought.
Lust
i remember when there were consequences for doing things like this

congratulations

edit: actually a nice map after looking and playing it, didnt examine the timing too closely but its passable i suppose
Liiraye

Monstrata wrote:

Anyways, i'll just answer to the mods, whether this gets dq'ed or not, it's up to the QAT's now. I'm going to reply with the assumption that this may get dq'ed.

Reply 00:15:273 (1) - this repeat isnt following anything, definitely sounds more 1/3 though. The beat is even way off sync with the vocals here, but the timing doesn't adapt to either. This is mapped to the vocals which I've established are in 3/4 rhythm earlier. It's 3/4 here too and I can't see how it would be misread as some other rhythm. They are supposed to follow the vocals, yet they are off by a huge margin. This is fine because...?

00:11:523 (1,2) - I'd suggest silence the sliderends if they're not following anything but are just enlonged sliders that skips the beat. They're already using soft-samplesets which I think are quiet enough. Fair enough, might've been because of the loud combos that I felt the need to point it out.

00:19:023 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1) - what exactly is this trying to follow? Neither vocals nor beat is whatThey're following the beats. Is it?

I mean, before this pattern these sliders you map by the actual beat, then you do these 3/4 sliders when vocals start, which according to you is mapped to the beat, then right after it ends you go back to actually mapping to the beat. It's clear you're not following the main beat here, but changed up to fit the vocals, which is incredibly messy on both sliderstarts and ends as the vocals constantly change and are 10 times louder than the underlying beat. Denying this makes no sense, but I can't really do much more for you.

00:27:929 (2,3,4,5,1) - off timing, a bit too early along with the majority of the map. It's a case where the first note is ~4ms early and every subsequent 1/4 note is less and less off so if you really want a 127.99 red line here for accuracy I can put it there. If I change the main offset to 300 instead of 273, these sound on timing. Wouldn't you agree?

As for the timing, the original bpm on youtube is about 129.9 bpm. The original mp3 i timed ended up having like 16 red lines and bpm changes. From my experience timing, and mapping mapsets with horrible timing, only modders/mappers are concerned with "perfectly accurate" timing while players, especially top ranked/HR players will morelikely complain when a map is correctly timed. Not every song is meant to be mapped, especially if they are produced poorly and not timed well to begin with. I believe it's ok to map according to the beat alone if the vocals&beats are off sync, but then when you're actually mapping to the vocals, you have to throw in some reds so that they aren't off by 30 ms.

Here are three maps where every timing shift is noted with bpm changes, or offset resets:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/289074
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/313239
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/323044

I can confidently say from the feedback I've gotten over the months, that while, according to the mapping community, timing these songs accurately is "best", for the players, the people actually playing this map, not looking at it at 25% speed, the bpm shifts and offset resets are just unreasonable because they don't contribute to rhythm. In a rhythm game, if one 1/2 beat is 400 ms apart, you naturally expect the next beat to be 400 ms apart, not 380, or 425 etc... That doesn't contribute to rhythm, even if it is more accurate. Honestly, I found out about the things I pointed out because it sounded off to me (thanks to the incredibly high hitsounds). I didn't even have to go 25% at first, but did so to make sure. We either follow the rules or we don't when mapping. What the players think of a map because it has several timing shifts couldn't matter less.

Of course, theres also the argument "well what about maps like Roze, or etc..." those maps are centered around a changing bpm because they follow a piano that is consistently changing. They aren't trying to have a single, predictable rhythm. The song is best appreciated through those bpm changing values, and the player is fully prepared for that. They are not prepared for bpm and offset shifts on a song that is supposed to be a single bpm, as this song is. It just doesn't fit.

The vocals are clearly off tune because they aren't mapped with the intention of syncing with the music. With that said, the rhythms in this song almost exclusively map to the background drum, with the exception of the "beers" which I edited to be as accurate as possible lol.

I guess this is still a very relevant question to ask though, for those keen on the "timing" argument. If perfect timing is hurting a map's playability, should we still aim for perfect timing? I've learned to answer this with "no" and give the best offset I can, with some mp3 editing for sections that are really off.

just want to add that regardless of your efforts to fix the issue this song has in production, making notes up to 30 ms off is clearly not for the benefit of the map.

I'm fine with this getting dq'ed because yea, I never intended for this drama to happen. It didn't happen when I speed-approved own the sky in 24 hours, or akaito in 36 hours, when i qualified 3 maps in one day, or when i qualified 8 maps one day after another. I don't know why this one got special treatment lol. It's just business as usual.

Anyways, thanks for the comments, lets calm down and wait for a QAT to decide how best to address this situation. I think everything that's wanted to be said about circlejerking/speedranking has already been said.
[highly subjective opinions, beware]
I just got a bit worked up seeing how confident everyone was of it's quality and using that as an arguement while it's clearly lacking. For the map itself I can't really say much, it's made for memes and pp nothing special or noteworthy other than trying to be as simple and passable for ranking as possible. As a BN I'd strive to make great maps instead of stock piles, but of course I won't tell you what to do. It takes hard work to be creative in mapping and everyone should be allowed to map however they want. But if quality means being as generic and simple as possible, I have to disagree with that entirely.
-Nya-
I never posted my thoughts in a qualified map's forum before, but since others have already I thought I'll say a few things as well.

I don't really like the loud whistles at all >.< Imo it isn't the normal sampleset that's so overpowering, it's those loud whistles (This is just a personal opinion though. I usually always have a problem with the normal whistles)

In Easy this slider 00:19:023 (1) - is touching the HP bar. (Probably not unrankable but I always point this out in mods, so if this set gets DQ'ed I think you should try to fix that.)

In Advanced: I don't understand this spacing: 00:18:788 (3,1) - at all and it will throw players off imo. There may be a good reason though, I don't know.

In the Insane: I think you have to be careful with spacings like this: 00:25:819 (1,2) - because of the CS that is so utterly small it causes the jumps to be much bigger. And I'm sorry but the small circle size makes this diff so unpleasant to play (And it's frustrating) ;w;

You're probably going to ignore this, but anyway, good luck, monstrata~
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Liiraye wrote:

Monstrata wrote:

Reply 00:15:273 (1) - this repeat isnt following anything, definitely sounds more 1/3 though. The beat is even way off sync with the vocals here, but the timing doesn't adapt to either. This is mapped to the vocals which I've established are in 3/4 rhythm earlier. It's 3/4 here too and I can't see how it would be misread as some other rhythm. They are supposed to follow the vocals, yet they are off by a huge margin. This is fine because...?But they aren't off by a huge margin.

00:19:023 (1,2,3,4,1,2,1) - what exactly is this trying to follow? Neither vocals nor beat is whatThey're following the beats. Is it?

I mean, before this pattern these sliders you map by the actual beat, then you do these 3/4 sliders when vocals start, which according to you is mapped to the beat, then right after it ends you go back to actually mapping to the beat. It's clear you're not following the main beat here, but changed up to fit the vocals, which is incredibly messy on both sliderstarts and ends as the vocals constantly change and are 10 times louder than the underlying beat. Denying this makes no sense, but I can't really do much more for you.
They are following the beat though. The vocals are clearly off sync, I mean, you can clearly tell they aren't even snapped to any rhythm xP...

00:27:929 (2,3,4,5,1) - off timing, a bit too early along with the majority of the map. It's a case where the first note is ~4ms early and every subsequent 1/4 note is less and less off so if you really want a 127.99 red line here for accuracy I can put it there. If I change the main offset to 300 instead of 273, these sound on timing. Wouldn't you agree? No, I think they're a lot closer than you're making them out to be.

As for the timing, the original bpm on youtube is about 129.9 bpm. The original mp3 i timed ended up having like 16 red lines and bpm changes. From my experience timing, and mapping mapsets with horrible timing, only modders/mappers are concerned with "perfectly accurate" timing while players, especially top ranked/HR players will morelikely complain when a map is correctly timed. Not every song is meant to be mapped, especially if they are produced poorly and not timed well to begin with. I believe it's ok to map according to the beat alone if the vocals&beats are off sync, but then when you're actually mapping to the vocals, you have to throw in some reds so that they aren't off by 30 ms.Like I said, I'm not mapping to the vocals :P. I seldom do that for any of my maps anyways since I much prefer mapping to instruments xD.

I can confidently say from the feedback I've gotten over the months, that while, according to the mapping community, timing these songs accurately is "best", for the players, the people actually playing this map, not looking at it at 25% speed, the bpm shifts and offset resets are just unreasonable because they don't contribute to rhythm. In a rhythm game, if one 1/2 beat is 400 ms apart, you naturally expect the next beat to be 400 ms apart, not 380, or 425 etc... That doesn't contribute to rhythm, even if it is more accurate. Honestly, I found out about the things I pointed out because it sounded off to me (thanks to the incredibly high hitsounds). I didn't even have to go 25% at first, but did so to make sure. We either follow the rules or we don't when mapping. What the players think of a map because it has several timing shifts couldn't matter less.You should mod more then, because this is a lot grayer than you seem to think :P. It'll just become even more subjective once score v2 goes out.

[highly subjective opinions, beware]
I just got a bit worked up seeing how confident everyone was of it's quality and using that as an arguement while it's clearly lacking. For the map itself I can't really say much, it's made for memes and pp nothing special or noteworthy other than trying to be as simple and passable for ranking as possible. As a BN I'd strive to make great maps instead of stock piles, but of course I won't tell you what to do. It takes hard work to be creative in mapping and everyone should be allowed to map however they want. But if quality means being as generic and simple as possible, I have to disagree with that entirely.

The map isn't trying to be special. The goal in this mapset is not to make the next mapping masterpiece. It's 30 seconds long lol. You're free to disagree, I can't stop you, nor do I want to. Some people do strive to make high quality, highly rated maps, like yourself, so I can see why you would have qualms about mappers who just want to map for personal and community enjoyment (and not much more). The audience that this map is aimed at is not the mapping community/mapping community's approval, it's just another map for players to laugh at, and laugh with, and then forget about in a week or so - and I'm quite fine with that.

-Nya- wrote:

I never posted my thoughts in a qualified map's forum before, but since others have already I thought I'll say a few things as well.

In Easy this slider 00:19:023 (1) - is touching the HP bar. (Probably not unrankable but I always point this out in mods, so if this set gets DQ'ed I think you should try to fix that.) I never fix these when i reply to any mod anyways xD. It's not unrankable, and I value my mapping structure above hp bar etc...

In Advanced: I don't understand this spacing: 00:18:788 (3,1) - at all and it will throw players off imo. There may be a good reason though, I don't know. This is perfectly fine. It will throw no one off, you have to enable stacking to view this pattern properly. Without stacking enabled it will look like a mess, but that's not how it will play out :P.

In the Insane: I think you have to be careful with spacings like this: 00:25:819 (1,2) - because of the CS that is so utterly small it causes the jumps to be much bigger. And I'm sorry but the small circle size makes this diff so unpleasant to play (And it's frustrating) ;w; I don't see a problem xP. It's just larger spacing. There's nothing to be careful of. Is it confusing to read? Because I don't think it is. If the complaint is just that you think the spacing is too big then I would just disagree and move on. If the complaint is on the cs size, then that's just a mapper's choice :P.

You're probably going to ignore this, but anyway, good luck, monstrata~
Thanks for the concerns. I hope i've explained my side more clearly. I totally understand if a QAT want's to dq this though, I'm replying with that possibility in mind.
MBomb
monstrata, the colour of your text there should be illegal, my eyes hurt :(
xxdeathx
the people behind this map's ranking process must've had too much beer KappaRoss
Liiraye
I feel that we can't really get through to one another over forum. I can't possibly see how you'd think it's not timed poorly. Anyhow I respect that you at least try to explain your stance, even though I still disagree with your reasoning regarding timing. I sincerely wish you good luck with ranking it, however it may change.

Also please don't think I'm trying to be an elitist who is against fun meme maps, I just want an apple to be called an apple, and have the same rules apply to everyone.
dqs01733

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

monstrata, the colour of your text there should be illegal, my eyes hurt :(
Nekomata
imo there's nothing *terribly* wrong that would break the criteria, but things can be a lot better... especially 00:19:023 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - :/
IamKwaN
The discussion goes from speed-qualification to the map itself, let's have a halt and look at what the others say at this moment.
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Sounds good. I'll see what I can do about the first note, and the part Liiraye mentioned. Not adding any timing points, so I guess the other solution is editing the mp3 some more.
Underforest
rip april fools rank
unko
i like how the irre diff has tons of spinner filler because apparently mapping 30 seconds is too much effort
Irreversible

Microsoft Vista wrote:

i like how the irre diff has tons of spinner filler because apparently mapping 30 seconds is too much effort
I'm open for any suggestion that help me not having a really unpleasant rhythm there.
semantics
how's this rankable with 29 second drain anyway
Stjpa

dreamless wrote:

Maybe go into the editor.
semantics

Stjpa wrote:

dreamless wrote:

Maybe go into the editor.
maybe be less of a condescending cunt to people with genuine questions? it says 00:29 drain literally everywhere, i did not know the site rounds down >00:30 drain back down to 00:29.
Slayed_old_1
seems li ke smoeone here dosent ejnoy gema
pls enojy game
Okoratu
tbh noone enjoys gema taking down random youtube videos because they could contain music
Topic Starter
Monstrata
@Irre - I tried editing the mp3 during the section between 00:19:023 - and 00:22:304 - to sync the beer's with the drums, but since the vocals + drums play to different offsets I can't just edit the vocal offset without affecting the drum's offset xP. Maybe someone who's really good at mp3 editing can pull this off, but it's beyond my scope, so I think spinners there aren't bad rhythm choices either. The other option is mapping to the metronome which is what I did, but it seems people don't like that either xD.
Irreversible

Monstrata wrote:

@Irre - I tried editing the mp3 during the section between 00:19:023 - and 00:22:304 - to sync the beer's with the drums, but since the vocals + drums play to different offsets I can't just edit the vocal offset without affecting the drum's offset xP. Maybe someone who's really good at mp3 editing can pull this off, but it's beyond my scope, so I think spinners there aren't bad rhythm choices either. The other option is mapping to the metronome which is what I did, but it seems people don't like that either xD.
Thanks monstrata, I tried following the beer but it somehow changes really oddly.. I'll give it a go again.

I would really appreciate it if people actually actively helped improving this map instead of throwing salty comments all over the place, because that's bringing us nowhere.
unko

Irreversible wrote:

Microsoft Vista wrote:

I'm open for any suggestion that help me not having a really unpleasant rhythm there.
ok i don't know i was just bitterfor some reason :(
ecdonald
hello, I'd like to have a few opinions

Irreversibeer's Insane:

00:09:999 (1) - , 00:10:116 (1) - , 00:10:468 (1) - , 00:10:585 (1) - , 00:10:937 (1) - , 00:11:054 (1) - , and 00:11:405 (1) -
Are the green lines in spinner of 5%-65%-5%-65%-...volume change intended? the spinningsound feels somehow weird when I spinning my cursor, I would delete and unite the volume to 65%

Also, It would be better if 00:09:413 (4,5,6) - moved 1 grid up (grid level 4). this makes stacking of 00:09:648 (6) - and 00:09:179 (3) - , which is more neat for me

and...I couldn't see the reason you didn't set a note on 00:15:155 (6) - since you noted on 00:14:218 (3) -. These are exactly same sounds, so noting both would makes consistency of following the song (example of cordinate: x:256 y:264)

thanks! hope it will gets requalified
Saoji
Just a detail but on the highest diff I don't see why you don't put the NC here 00:07:773 (2) - as you always did what as it sounds the most natural thing to do.

No kd, was just making the point o.o
Topic Starter
Monstrata

Yales wrote:

Just a detail but on the highest diff I don't see why you don't put the NC here 00:07:773 (2) - as you always did what as it sounds the most natural thing to do.

No kd, was just making the point o.o
Since i Nc'ed on all the "beer's (red ticks)" instead of whites, it felt more natural to NC on 00:07:640 (1) - . A stand-alone NC is a bit awkward too imo since it makes the note seem more important than it actually is.
Irreversible

ecdonald wrote:

hello, I'd like to have a few opinions

Irreversibeer's Insane:

00:09:999 (1) - , 00:10:116 (1) - , 00:10:468 (1) - , 00:10:585 (1) - , 00:10:937 (1) - , 00:11:054 (1) - , and 00:11:405 (1) -
Are the green lines in spinner of 5%-65%-5%-65%-...volume change intended? the spinningsound feels somehow weird when I spinning my cursor, I would delete and unite the volume to 65% fxd

Also, It would be better if 00:09:413 (4,5,6) - moved 1 grid up (grid level 4). this makes stacking of 00:09:648 (6) - and 00:09:179 (3) - , which is more neat for me fxd

and...I couldn't see the reason you didn't set a note on 00:15:155 (6) - since you noted on 00:14:218 (3) -. These are exactly same sounds, so noting both would makes consistency of following the song (example of cordinate: x:256 y:264) well, there is a dominant vocal

thanks! hope it will gets requalified

thx for ur support~
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Gave kd's to Reditum and -Nya- since we changed the hitsound volumes (and samplesets) to better reflect the music volume. It shouldn't be as overbearing now.

Also gave kd's to Liiraye since we ended up doing some mp3 editing to account for the snaps/offbeats he mentioned.

Also, i'll find two new BN's to get fresh perspectives.
Mint
MP3 has been edited a bit more to fix some stuff that sounded off and hitsounds have been changed. Looks good to me.
Bubbled!

IRC
20:06 appleeaterx: did the timing get changed after all?
20:06 Monstrata: yea
20:06 Monstrata: o can u test one of the diffs for me
20:06 appleeaterx: shore
20:06 Monstrata: i think the offset is slightly late but im nore 100% sure
20:09 appleeaterx: how the tits did you even get this song
20:09 Monstrata: hmm maybe its just me lol
20:09 Monstrata: LOL
20:09 Monstrata: ppl suggest a lot of weird songs :D
20:10 appleeaterx: what offset do you think it is
20:10 Monstrata: i think 370 might be better
20:11 Monstrata: cuz i just consistently keep clicking earlier. but im also kinda sick
20:11 Monstrata: so maybe my acc is a bit compromised atm lol
20:12 appleeaterx: i got 368 lol
20:12 appleeaterx: but this song is retarded af
20:13 Monstrata: o lol yea maybe its just 368
20:13 Monstrata: i just picked 370 cuz its a nice number xddd
20:13 appleeaterx: xd
20:13 appleeaterx: tho
20:13 appleeaterx: timinganalysis says 371
20:13 appleeaterx: so i guess 370 is good too
20:13 appleeaterx: also
20:13 appleeaterx: 00:15:367 (1) - this snapping tho
20:14 appleeaterx: 00:16:304 (2,3,4) - whole chunk is a bit iffy tho
20:14 appleeaterx: 00:19:117 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - lol what does this follow
20:14 Monstrata: ah damn
20:14 Monstrata: and uh
20:14 Monstrata: those just follow the background beat
20:14 appleeaterx: 00:24:507 (1,2,1,2) - vocals significantly off here
20:14 Monstrata: maybe i should silence the ends
20:15 Monstrata: damn
20:16 Monstrata: okay i'll edit the mp3 to snap them too lol.
20:23 Monstrata: okay not too bad, just like 6 offset resets
20:45 Monstrata: okay
20:45 Monstrata: finished lmao
20:46 Monstrata: literally spent more time editing this mp3 than actually mapping the set
20:46 Monstrata: this is a joke lmao
20:55 appleeaterx: xd
20:59 appleeaterx: in irre
20:59 Monstrata: o lemme update
20:59 appleeaterx: o
20:59 appleeaterx: ooooooooo
20:59 Monstrata: Irre just gave me a quick mod xD
21:00 Monstrata: and he was missing hitsounds on his diff
21:00 Monstrata: alright
21:00 Monstrata: updated
21:01 appleeaterx: 00:24:102 (1,2,1) - i assume you guys added hitsounds here
21:01 Monstrata: yep
21:03 appleeaterx: adv: 00:29:962 (3) - slider body whistle needed?
21:03 Monstrata: o damn
21:03 Monstrata: lemme double check other diffs. i originally had it but took it out
21:04 Monstrata: 00:30:431 - Normal, removed whistle, inaudible anyways
21:04 appleeaterx: rest of the diffs dont have it i think
21:04 appleeaterx: xd
21:04 appleeaterx: o
21:04 Monstrata: same with Hard
21:05 Monstrata: alright
21:05 appleeaterx: 29:999
21:05 appleeaterx: uhm
21:05 Monstrata: isnt it 30:000
21:06 appleeaterx: ohhhhh
21:06 appleeaterx: lol
21:06 appleeaterx: exactly
21:06 Monstrata: lol
21:06 Monstrata: calculated
21:06 Monstrata: :D
21:06 appleeaterx: well looks okay to me xd
21:06 appleeaterx: just modding assistent said it was 29:999 and some ppl in the thread
21:06 appleeaterx: but in editor when you calculate yourself its 30000
Pereira006
On easy add 1 NC, Normal fix stack, Irre's Insane fix NC, change Hitsound all diff's expect easy and normal, to be consistency.

IRC
19:16 Monstrata: apple is bubbling xD
19:16 Pereira006: ;:d
19:20 Monstrata: okay bubbled :D
19:21 Monstrata: idk if its april 1 yet in osu
19:22 Pereira006: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/australia/sydney
19:22 Pereira006: " 1 de Abril de 2016 "
19:22 Pereira006: 1 april aldready lol
19:22 Pereira006: you can see, go play beatmap
19:22 Monstrata: oh
19:22 Monstrata: xD
19:22 Pereira006: as autoplay
19:23 Monstrata: o ya it says updated April 1
19:23 Monstrata: okay
19:23 Pereira006: you will see there dizzy
19:23 Pereira006: well
19:23 Pereira006: let's do this
19:23 Pereira006: :d
19:23 Monstrata: check my hitsound xD
19:29 Pereira006: easy
19:29 Pereira006: 00:21:993 (3) - isn't should be NC
19:29 Pereira006: ?
19:30 Pereira006: look like missing, because the song is c hange
19:30 Monstrata: o
19:30 Monstrata: ya
19:30 Monstrata: okay
19:30 Monstrata: added nc
19:35 Pereira006: on advanced
19:35 Pereira006: 00:18:946 (3,1) - ??
19:36 Pereira006: missing blanket and inconsistency spacing
19:36 Pereira006: is just weird
19:38 Monstrata: okay fixed
19:38 Monstrata: well, i moved it like 3 pixels
19:38 Monstrata: View > Stacking
19:38 Monstrata: to see the pattern xD
19:38 Monstrata: is magic
19:39 Pereira006: stack ?
19:39 Monstrata: yea
19:40 Monstrata: the pattern looks really weird when you don't have stacking enabled
19:40 Pereira006: http://puu.sh/o14AC/0da3e9bce0.jpg
19:40 Pereira006: i don't see stack o.O
19:42 Monstrata: nono
19:42 Monstrata: View with
19:42 Monstrata: stacking enabled
19:42 Monstrata: so you can see stacks
19:42 Pereira006: lol
19:42 Pereira006: this
19:42 Pereira006: so
19:42 Pereira006: stupid
19:42 Pereira006: wtf peppy
19:42 Pereira006: why he did add this shit stack
19:42 Monstrata: xDDDD
19:43 Monstrata: now you see?
19:43 Monstrata: xDDDD
19:43 Monstrata: april fools!
19:43 Monstrata: :D
19:43 Pereira006: ho
19:43 Pereira006: wait
19:43 Pereira006: we are
19:43 Pereira006: FDFOGHDFGIDFGFADGH
19:43 Pereira006: I GOT TORLLERDF
19:43 Pereira006: FDSGDFAGDFgh
19:43 Pereira006: *trolled
19:43 Monstrata: looool
19:47 Pereira006: on hard 00:01:602 (3,4) - you don't wanna make jump as this pattern 00:16:602 (3,4) ?
19:49 Monstrata: hmm idk
19:49 Monstrata: i think both play fine
19:49 Pereira006: is just wsugg
19:49 Pereira006: *suggesrtion
19:49 Pereira006: on extra
19:49 Pereira006: are you trying different hitsound
19:49 Pereira006: i notice they are different
19:49 Monstrata: uh no ;o
19:49 Monstrata: really?!
19:49 Monstrata: where lol
19:50 Pereira006: like on 00:14:259 (3) -
19:50 Pereira006: sampleset is drum
19:50 Pereira006: but other diff's don't have
19:50 Pereira006: on Saccharomyces cerevisiae
19:50 Monstrata: oh
19:50 Monstrata: ya
19:50 Monstrata: should i remove for consistency
19:50 Pereira006: 00:10:743 (3,4) -
19:51 Pereira006: 00:14:675 -
19:51 Pereira006: ups
19:51 Pereira006: 00:14:024 (2,3) -
19:51 Monstrata: o
19:51 Monstrata: hmm
19:51 Monstrata: maybe both drum sampleset better
19:51 Pereira006: yup
19:51 Pereira006: i like more this
19:52 Pereira006: so you will do this consistency other diff's ?
19:52 Monstrata: 00:14:962 (5,6) - how about here?
19:52 Pereira006: ya
19:53 Pereira006: 00:16:368 (2,3) - the beats and drum is there
19:53 Pereira006: shoulçd add too
19:53 Pereira006: 00:08:868 (5,6) - ^ samne
19:53 Monstrata: those uh
19:54 Monstrata: are kinda hard cuz vocals and drum are off sync
19:54 Pereira006: ok that all
19:54 Monstrata: so i only follow vocals
19:54 Pereira006: ha ok
19:54 Pereira006: check yourself then lol
19:54 Pereira006: is hard to find wich correct for you
19:54 Pereira006: :p
19:55 Monstrata: o nvm
19:55 Monstrata: xD
19:55 Monstrata: apple made me
19:55 Monstrata: edit the mp3 audio
19:55 Monstrata: so theyre synced now okay i'll add the drum samples
19:56 Pereira006: 00:22:931 (3) - on hard, dunno you will add nc or not
19:56 Monstrata: i applied for Extra/Hard/Advanced
19:56 Pereira006: is hard level
19:56 Monstrata: Normal/Easy note density is too low so i dont think the hitsounds would fit
19:56 Pereira006: different advanced, normal and easy
19:56 Pereira006: ok
19:56 Pereira006: that fine then
19:57 Monstrata: i think better not to NC there
19:57 Pereira006: alright
19:57 Pereira006: on irre
19:57 Monstrata: to keep the pattern similar
19:57 Pereira006: hitsound made by you
19:57 Pereira006: or him ?
19:58 Monstrata: me
19:58 Monstrata: he copied mainly and added some of his own xD
19:58 Pereira006: ha ok
19:58 Pereira006: just
19:58 Pereira006: 00:04:181 (1) - dum with finish
19:58 Pereira006: not good sound for this song
19:58 Pereira006: im,o
19:58 Monstrata: oh. he told me to add that hmm
19:58 Monstrata: he said he liked the impact
19:58 Monstrata: of the drum
19:59 Pereira006: RLY P?=!
19:59 Pereira006: ?!
19:59 Pereira006: well ok
19:59 Monstrata: i can lower volume a bit tho
19:59 Monstrata: if you want?
19:59 Monstrata: xD
19:59 Pereira006: 00:08:868 (1) - isn't should remove NC and NC on 00:09:571 (4) -
19:59 Pereira006: the lyrics is similiar on this00:00:431 (1,2,3) -
19:59 Pereira006: sure
20:00 Monstrata: hmm
20:00 Pereira006: lower volume better then
20:00 Monstrata: i think the NC fits
20:00 Monstrata: Irre NC's based on patterns too
20:00 Pereira006: well
20:00 Pereira006: like this 00:15:431 (1,2,3,4) -
20:00 Monstrata: i lowered to 35% volume
20:01 Monstrata: ooo i see what you mean
20:01 Pereira006: well, now you get
20:01 Pereira006: 00:15:431 (1,2,3,4,1) - the rhythm is same thing as 00:07:931 (1,1,2,3,4) -
20:01 Pereira006: if you listen
20:02 Pereira006: ho well, is not sugg
20:02 Pereira006: is important
20:02 Monstrata: yep
20:02 Pereira006: but is fine he ignore
20:02 Pereira006: won'tforce
20:02 Monstrata: i messaged irre
20:02 Monstrata: i agree
20:02 Monstrata: Irre says nice catch
20:02 Monstrata: :D
20:02 Pereira006: lol
20:03 Pereira006: i guess all for me
20:03 Pereira006: update
20:03 Pereira006: will recheck hitsound again lol
20:05 Monstrata: okay
20:05 Monstrata: okay updated
20:13 Monstrata: i have to brb like 20 mins if you find something let me know i'll fix when i come back :D
20:14 Pereira006: okay
20:14 Pereira006: i m little busy
20:14 Pereira006: i m teaching my brother how to play payday2
20:14 Pereira006: LOOL
20:14 Monstrata: loool
20:14 Monstrata: okay okay, qualify later when ur free :D
20:14 Monstrata: brb~
20:14 Pereira006: cya
20:27 Pereira006: ok last thing
20:27 Pereira006: on advanced, hard, irre insane (dunno) and extra
20:28 Pereira006: 00:14:962 (5) - missing add whistle, forget change drum sampleset and soft on additions on 1/1 and 1/2
20:28 Pereira006: (begin and ned
20:28 Pereira006: that all
20:51 Monstrata: okay
20:51 Monstrata: fixed
20:51 Pereira006: update!
20:51 Pereira006: CANDANA
20:51 Monstrata: UPDATED :D
20:53 Pereira006: in irre no need ?
20:53 Monstrata: i added drum on
20:53 Monstrata: slider-ends
20:54 Monstrata: i think head, maybe not as necessary
20:54 Monstrata: but i can add if you think its better
20:54 Pereira006: imo
20:54 Pereira006: is better
20:54 Pereira006: add drum begin
20:54 Pereira006: clap stay
20:54 Monstrata: okay
20:55 Monstrata: added
20:55 Pereira006: update too ?
20:55 Monstrata: hang on xD
20:55 Monstrata: okay updated
20:55 Pereira006: can't
20:55 Pereira006: good
20:55 Pereira006: :d
20:56 *Pereira006 is editing [https://osu.ppy.sh/b/935029 Mike Greene - Bill Nye the Science Guy Theme Song (Chinese Intro) [Irreversibeer's Coors Light Insane]]
20:56 Pereira006: omg
20:56 Pereira006: wrong, i should write /s
20:57 Pereira006: gg i forget whatcommand
20:57 Pereira006: save chat
20:57 Pereira006: ...
20:57 Monstrata: savelog
20:57 Pereira006: thank
20:57 Pereira006: lol

All look good, let's try !

pls enjoy
Sotarks
meme is back
Deppyforce
beer
beer
beer
beer
Kibbleru
i propose u can try to ask a qat to check it on april 1st to get it ranked

but idk if thats how it works
Athrun
Qualified April Fools

Dank
Fateburn
am i drunk or is the map completely off from music
Athrun

Fateburn wrote:

am i drunk or is the map completely off from music
Maybe drunk?
Okoratu
maybe you didn't redownload the map? iirc monstrata fucked around with the mp3 a bit more
show more