forum

[invalid] Some miscellaneous ideas

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
Osu! standard mods

BI (Burst increase): Makes combo bursts come more often [at a rate which is set by the player] (ranked) (no effect on score)
FC (fixed color): Makes all the combo colors one set color of your choice. (ranked) (no effect on score)
GL (glitch): Makes the music 'glitchy'; with the audio randomly cutting out and the pitch changing at complete random. (unranked) (no effect on score)
FG (fog): makes a thick fog cover the screen; limiting visibility. The fog gets thicker [at a rate based on OD] as the song progresses. (ranked) (+ 0.08x)
WG (wings): makes the notes randomly move in the 4 cardinal directions [the speed is based on AR] (ranked) (+ 0.09x)
SC (stream clear): allows you to simply hold down the Z or X button to complete streams. (unranked)

Catch the beat mods

DG (dodge): The game remains the same, except you gotta avoid the fruit. (unranked) (no effect on score)
LN (lined rows): Instead of the catcher moving freely, you can only jump between 6 different grid columns. (ranked) (-0.38x)
ND (no droplets): The droplets in between fruit are now gone. (ranked) (-0.26x)

osu mania mods

RX: No longer will you be bothered by speed changes, random sliders, and unperdictable/jumpy patterns of notes. (unranked)
SS (stream sliders): Instead of holding down the button for sliders, you now have to press the button rapidly [similar to taiko drum rolls]. (ranked) (+ 0.04x)
CS (consistency): The BPM/Speed does not change during the whole song. (ranked) (-0.04x)

Taiko Mods

DT (double team): Player 1 uses the Z&X keys, Player 2 uses the N&M keys. (unranked)
CS (consistency): The BPM/Speed does not change during the whole song. (ranked) (-0.04x)

Supporter Features

City Ranking - Kinda self explanatory...

When you purchase supporter, bancho bot will announce in all chat rooms: "{Username}, Has just purchased supporter for {X} months & {X} dollars/other currency.

Beatmap creators can set a beatmap to be "supporter only", which means only Osu! supporters can play that beatmap.

There is a new supporter only chat room, as well as, multiplayer games, tournaments, and charts which only supporters can join.

Continent ranking - do i really need to explain this??

NOrmal user stuff

Cloud service where your chat logs and local rankings/replays/beatmaps are stored

The ability to create multiplayer games which are locked by what rank you are at

More ideas soon! this is just some stuff i thought up.
Pawsu
Keep to one request per topic.
City Rankings: t/191135/start=0
Supporter only chat rooms, multi, etc: #supporter channel has been requested before and denied. I don't see a need for it or any of them anyways.
Purchasing Supporter: Why? This seems useless and a waste of time to implement.
A way to backup: t/215117/start=0
Supporter only beatmaps: This takes the fun away from community mapping. This will not happen.
Rank join: t/275693

I'll add more once I get time. Once again, make seperate threads for each idea, and be sure to use the search function before doing so.
This will be marked invalid.
Redon
FrzR
>Awful supporter exclusives especially "supporter only maps"
>More distracting mods that lost the point of a rhythm game

Zafufu
......Just no. I... would need to write 3 essays if I wanted to review this thread.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Zafufu wrote:

......Just no. I... would need to write 3 essays if I wanted to review this thread.
WRITE THEM THEN
_handholding

Zafufu wrote:

this lol

The wings mod is super troll especially when you want it to be rankable score modifier#

edit: I think that would go to the DT taiko mod instead xD

The suggestion that has the most chance of passing is the continental rating and even then not many ppl would really care; as for the city rating, no
Seijiro
As mentioned above, create one thread for each new feature request.
On a side note: make sure to check if someone thought already about something using the search fuction. Most of your requests (or maybe all, seeing Redon's post) are either a duplicate or a denied feature request already.