forum

Doubles/Tablet Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PriestMVP
So about the doubles, I play them as 'xx' ( https://osu.ppy.sh/b/695749&m=0 ) and various other maps of the same speed

I had a friend tell me he plays doubles, regardless of speeds as 'xz', but when there's a slider at the end of the second double I always forget to hold down 'z' since I start with 'x' first. I know it's extremely random, but I have serious issues with doubles. 50% of the time I don't hit them, 40% of the time I hit them and get one "100", and then 10% of the time I hit them both =/

So do you guys alternate or single tap doubles? That's the real question I guess. I don't really have issues with triples, but doubles really mess with me....

And the tablet question, if the beat is in the lower ~25% of my screen, I have to kind of angle my wrist in a weird way downwards. Is this normal for people? It's uncomfortable, but I don't think I've missed because of it yet....

EDIT: Yeah, I know I shouldn't be playing that song, I just used it as an arbitrary example
Intelli
Alternate them dude. You won't ever be able to play high BPM with good acc if you single tap doubles :/

And for the tablet thing, what is your play area? Because you might want to edit that if it's really that uncomfortable for you. You could also try changing your hand position.
Topic Starter
PriestMVP

Intelli wrote:

Alternate them dude. You won't ever be able to play high BPM with good acc if you single tap doubles :/

And for the tablet thing, what is your play area? Because you might want to edit that if it's really that uncomfortable for you. You could also try changing your hand position.

http://imgur.com/okFhubi

That's my tablet area, I might make it thinner in the up and down direction
Jellyfish McGub
i dont know if ill get any answers but...

what if the pattern is slider > beat > slider but the first slider isnt touching the second beat? i do xxz when this happens (slider into double) but if the first slider were to touch the beat id do xzx. am i gonna have to look at the approach circles to see if its a triple pattern? is that what i should be doing?
Yolshka

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

what if the pattern is slider > beat > slider but the first slider isnt touching the second beat? i do xxz when this happens (slider into double) but if the first slider were to touch the beat id do xzx. am i gonna have to look at the approach circles to see if its a triple pattern? is that what i should be doing?

Im lower rank but is this what you are talking about?
map
In this case, i usually do XZX/ZXZ depending on what was before the first slider.
These things can be singletapped imo, just not on high bpm, and I feel like xxz just might not be fast enough.
If it works for you though, and feels comfortable even on high bpm, then i don't see a problem with that.
It's a tricky pattern, I'm not sure how I look at it while playing.
Ignore this if it's not what you are talking about.

EDIT :
you may have been talking about this insetad:
In this case i'd do X- first slider
ZX- beat+slider
I usually start doubles with Z even though I singletap with X
XXZ should be fine i think

XZX here for me.
JSE

PriestRSC wrote:

So about the doubles, I play them as 'xx' ( https://osu.ppy.sh/b/695749&m=0 ) and various other maps of the same speed

I had a friend tell me he plays doubles, regardless of speeds as 'xz', but when there's a slider at the end of the second double I always forget to hold down 'z' since I start with 'x' first. I know it's extremely random, but I have serious issues with doubles. 50% of the time I don't hit them, 40% of the time I hit them and get one "100", and then 10% of the time I hit them both =/

So do you guys alternate or single tap doubles? That's the real question I guess. I don't really have issues with triples, but doubles really mess with me....
I use to single tap and had the same issue as you.... it can be tough working on it but just keep playing and force yourself. You learn as you keep playing as I've done it the last few days, albeit still struggle a bit with timing but much better at it. And of course, like everything else with this game, simply playing it makes you better. This map is one I enjoy working this out.

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

If I undestand what you're saying, unless the map is slow where I could handle single tapping the entire thing, I'd alternate those too to keep with the timing.... otherwise I start doing 100s or worse haha
Jellyfish McGub
@ShadyAngel
the second one is the one i was talking about. i start doubles with my main finger because that's just what feels right for me, but it does make these certain situations a bit awkward when i dont practice them

@jsebean
the maps i am playing are really picking up speed. i see pros single tap these with ease and it makes me wonder how they got their magic fingers

i need to get my eyes faster so that i can see these patterns before they happen.
Yolshka
Doubles are fairly interesting, now I'm wondering how other people play them.
I've always been starting on my middle, even though index is my main which turned out to not be so convinient and at first i thought of doubles as the last 2 beats of a triple.
Though I don't consider the example mentioned above a "true" double, imo it's much much more appealing to play , for me at least, probably because of the slider.
YamiHikari
XZX is best
Just to be safe and imo higher chance of hitting esp higher bpms