forum

does faster equal better? (Solved)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
meedow shom

GladiOol wrote:

I think that highly depends on the subject at hand. In some cases, it's better to be slow and steady, focussing on the job at hand and not let your impulses to go fast take over. Sometimes the reward will be better this way. Other times it's good to go fast - faster than you've ever gone before. Sure, the high squeals it might produce can alarm your neighbours, especially if it's in the middle of the night, but nothing beats a good nightcore session. Most of the times, though, you need to find a healthy balance between both speed and stamina. Slow and steady does win the race, but might get dull. Spicing it up here and there with a nice, fast, flowing motion might just be enough to spark things up leading everything into an orgasmic finale, rewarding you with both a big pp and satisfaction.
All that is true but the reality is that i have a RUBBER DOME KEYBOARD that wants me to cut my fingers off and it is sitting on my desk right now
Shohei Ohtani
Do people actually fucking think about this

Like people are like "oh fuck yeah man I need to exert 5 jules of force to hit the key once" like jesus fucking christ i hate this game so much
-Makishima S-
Technically you can lower bottom out point in cherry mx by putting O-Rings on keys. I am using for Osu 2 x o-ring for each key which gives me bottom out = actuation point.

Difference between cherry mx red without o-rings and with 2 orings is HUGE so i think it is reason to care about it.
Cyclohexane

Reditum wrote:

Like people are like "oh fuck yeah man I need to exert 5 jules of force to hit the key once" like jesus fucking christ i hate this game so much

this is what happens when people pancake to be the best
B1rd

Mr Color wrote:

this is what happens when people thrive to be the best
Perhaps you meant strive?
Cyclohexane
yeah something like that

bad englando ples no copi pasterino
Topic Starter
meedow shom

Mr Color wrote:

Reditum wrote:

this is what happens when people pancake to be the best

I do not really want to be the son of cookiezi or something

I just want to give my hand a lifetime vacation from the rubber dome killer

Since rubber dome hurts my hands really badly when streaming from 170 and higher
Topic Starter
meedow shom
Like people, my hands feel like being stabbed when just streaming at 150

And when i stream above that my hands want to sit in a corner and cry like someone got his mans...things got cut off
chaee

BrokenArrow wrote:

neither, razer green switches master race
i really hope this was a fucking joke you pizza faced fuck
Shohei Ohtani
this is the fucking weird thing with osu!

and I don't know if its a thing for other games

But people are like

"FUCK!!! My fingers hurt when I stream at xxx speed! I better buy a new fucking keyboard

Like I've spent quite a number of years studying tuba. When I play a lot and get strained, my first though isn't "fuck time to buy a new mouthpiece / tuba", it's a variety of things, mostly like "I should have spent more time warming up" or "Maybe I'm sleep deprived and my muscles are weak" or "Maybe I should play some low etudes for now to relax myself / take a break "

Like it's the silliest thing. I get that there are minute differences that equipment brings, but if you're getting pained by playing a fucking video game, then that's the sign of something much deeper.

I had a friend who's a percussionist who managed to get carpal tunnel twice in one semester. The reason he got it was because he held the sticks way too tight. when he played, he would strain his arm because there was so much tension in there, and his instructor had to re-teach him how to hold the stick to reduce tension and allow him to play the repetoire he needed to play without literally losing functionality of his arms. Tension is one of the biggest causes of arm pain. And when people want to tap things really fast that they probably can't handle, they tense up their arm and press the keys really hard. Which in turn makes them strained. So if you're wanting to actually think of a way to help ease pain, start by relaxing in difficult sections and not tensing your arm when you're attempting to do things.
Yuudachi-kun
I tense my arm to go faster and it doesn't hurt at all ever - sometimes my arm gets tired though but that's expected. It's been like this for a year now; it's a requirement to go faster.

Who the fuck hurts their fingers though?

I think the people who complain about that shit are not fit for actually playing osu or are completely retarded in how they play and blame it on their equipment/the bpm.
Cyclohexane

Khelly wrote:

it's almost like a bunch of top players have had to retire because of carpal tunnel and similar injuries

it's almost like this happens in every competitive video game
Yuudachi-kun
That's not fingers, you idiot
Cyclohexane
no but this is

Yuudachi-kun
Yeah you're fucking wrong and admit You werent talkingn about fingers in your example

AHAHHAAHAHAHAHA
Cyclohexane
alright motherfucker you wanna fucking go let's go i've got time

fingers don't contain muscles so in order to flex and generally move them you use the muscles of your hands and wrist especially when it comes to moving your mouse and streaming.

most pro players retire because they get symptoms in their hands linked to abusive and repeated movement with their fingers. Which makes sense since the motion of streaming mostly abuses muscles near the carpal tunnel which hey guess where carpal tunnel syndrome comes from

learn how your body works before trying to pretend like you're Peter Raspoutine - if extended play hasn't done damage to your wrists and hands it either will in the future or it means you haven't played a significant amount
Yuudachi-kun
So basically you've just confirmed me when I said "Who the fuck hurts their fingers" since fingers dont have muscles
Cyclohexane
you're literally the only fucking person in this thread talking about fingers you retarded inbred
Yuudachi-kun

Mr Color wrote:

you're literally the only fucking person in this thread talking about fingers you retarded inbred
You basically didnt read reditums post where he quotes the common complaint from people about their fingers

Did they teach you to read english well in france?
Yuudachi-kun

Mr Color wrote:

HEY LOOK, NOT ADMITTING THE FACT THAT HE DID BASICALLY CONFIRM WHAT I SAY BY BRINGING UP A NEW SUBJECT!!!!!!111

Reditum wrote:

"FUCK!!! My fingers hurt when I stream at xxx speed! I better buy a new fucking keyboard

Khelly wrote:

Mr Color wrote:

Get fucked you sack of shit
Cyclohexane
nice double post

and nice straw grasping too, combined with your signature i could almost swear i was on a different website right now

i'll spell it out for you since apparently reading comprehension is something your kind is somewhat lacking
which is somewhat sad looking at your post count

cdfa was complaining about people who would blame their body's shortcomings on equipment rather than proper training

you like a fucking semantic moron get stuck on the word finger when cdfa's post literally mentioned carpal tunnel, so already you're making an ass of yourself then proceed to gloat about how you've apparently got it better than everyone else and people who injure themselves playing ain't shit which is another level or retardation to your already catastrophic post

i then come in to correct you in that people in fact do hurt themselves quite often in competitive sports and even today you see most of the top players wearing wrist bands some of which have had to retire for good because of these injuries (piccaboo)

after that this becomes a fucking debacle where you would rather hang on to your ridiculous fucking semantics rather than accepting the overall point which is that you're not a special snowflake and that any player after enough time spent will have irreversible damage to their hands and wrists

and now you're calling me out because i don't want to debate semantics with a child.

fuck off.
Yuudachi-kun
Oh yes, I'm the one who has to be like that when you reply to my comment about fingers bringing up carpal tunnel. I mean, it's not like it was a question asking "Who the fuck hurts their finger? It's your wrists that you should be complaining about because the fingers have hardly anything to do with it" if you want me to extend the question.

You're the one who got hung up on that question attempting to bring up all sorts of wrist injuries when I was specifically talking about only just the fingers.

Fuck. Off.

I'll continue to be the person who doesn't injure themselves playing osu though because I'm not a fucking moron when it comes to actually playing.

Protip: If you would have quoted this instead

Khelly wrote:

I think the people who complain about that shit are not fit for actually playing osu or are completely retarded in how they play and blame it on their equipment/the bpm.
It would have been a different story.

Let's go back to the original -

Mr Color wrote:

Khelly wrote:

it's almost like a bunch of top players have had to retire because of carpal tunnel and similar injuries

it's almost like this happens in every competitive video game

Khelly wrote:

That's not fingers, you idiot

That's not fingers you idiot -> 1. Admitting people DO hurt themselves
2. Saying it's not about fingers which is literally what you quoted

Now you're trying to get out of it by claiming I'm semantical when you're the one who sidetracked into wrist injuries when the question was originally only about fingers.
Cyclohexane
i'm not even the first one who pointed out carpal tunnel you autistic fuck cdfa was even talking about it in his original post except you were too busy talking about literally irrelevant shit to notice the actual point he was making

and don't act like it matters which part of your bombastic post i quoted. all of it was awful and reeked of ignorance and pride.

Khelly wrote:

I'll continue to be the person who doesn't injure themselves playing osu though because I'm not a fucking moron when it comes to actually playing.
case in fucking point. see you in 20 years when you're knee deep in debts and sinking half your income on painkillers and anti-inflammatories just to be able to do basic office work, kid.
Yuudachi-kun
I like pride. It makes cunts like you angry. Cunts like you who don't even want to admit that I was right in that it doesn't have jack shit to do with fingers because you're now going on a tangent into a completely different argument about a different part of the post. Which is OK. Tell me that people hurt themselves. I'll still call it sad.

I'll send you the results in 20 years though.
Cyclohexane
idk who's the one who was angry enough to make double posts, capslocking, and editing posts to include more shit. certainly wasn't me though.

trust me if i got my panties in a bunch every time i saw a retard in osu! turning every discussion into a semantics contest i would have had a heart failure long ago.

ask lewa what's good motherfucker
Yuudachi-kun

Mr Color wrote:

idk who's the one who was angry enough to make double posts, capslocking, and editing posts to include more shit. certainly wasn't me though.

trust me if i got my panties in a bunch every time i saw a retard in osu! turning every discussion into a semantics contest i would have had a heart failure long ago.

ask lewa what's good motherfucker
I like to think of it as mocking and not angry.

Lewa is sad. It is sad. I still think it's sad.
E m i

Reditum wrote:

But people are like

Like I've spent quite a number of years studying tuba. When I play a lot and get strained, my first though isn't "fuck time to buy a new mouthpiece / tuba", it's a variety of things, mostly like "I should have spent more time warming up" or "Maybe I'm sleep deprived and my muscles are weak" or "Maybe I should play some low etudes for now to relax myself / take a break "

Like it's the silliest thing. I get that there are minute differences that equipment brings, but if you're getting pained by playing a fucking video game, then that's the sign of something much deeper.

I had a friend who's a percussionist who managed to get carpal tunnel twice in one semester. The reason he got it was because he held the sticks way too tight. when he played, he would strain his arm because there was so much tension in there, and his instructor had to re-teach him how to hold the stick to reduce tension and allow him to play the repetoire he needed to play without literally losing functionality of his arms. Tension is one of the biggest causes of arm pain. And when people want to tap things really fast that they probably can't handle, they tense up their arm and press the keys really hard. Which in turn makes them strained. So if you're wanting to actually think of a way to help ease pain, start by relaxing in difficult sections and not tensing your arm when you're attempting to do things.
What you're talking about is unrelated to anything, but yes - by cutting out all potential thought leading to

Reditum wrote:

I better buy a new fucking keyboard
you can make it sound retarded. you can make anything seem retarded that way.

it all depends on what your actual problem is and my "problem" is that
undeniably for your fingers to move a lesser distance, less force is required. it's also not what you're talking about - but just saying.

plz don't kill people for wanting to get new peripherals.
i've seen people in G&R get destroyed for that with "the benefit is negligible you retard"-like statements but in reality
what if they're okay with negligible benefit...
Shohei Ohtani

Momiji wrote:

Reditum wrote:

But people are like

What you're talking about is unrelated to anything, but yes - by cutting out all potential thought leading to

Reditum wrote:

I better buy a new fucking keyboard
you can make it sound retarded. you can make anything seem retarded that way.

it all depends on what your actual problem is and my "problem" is that
undeniably for your fingers to move a lesser distance, less force is required. it's also not what you're talking about - but just saying.

plz don't kill people for wanting to get new peripherals.
i've seen people in G&R get destroyed for that with "the benefit is negligible you retard"-like statements but in reality
what if they're okay with negligible benefit...
It's somewhat related but I realize that I was focusing more on the muscle tension aspect rather than explicitly speed.

Which is kind where the topic went but I guess I'll elaborate more on that.

In any sort of physical activity, the way to achieve faster speed isn't by tensing up. It's by relaxing. Relating this back to pianists, the probably most relevant to osu!, a LOT of the school of thought of playing piano is to have light fingers and to reduce tension in playing. (there is a difference between force and tension. More forceful music does not neccessarily mean more tense arms/fingers). A lot of musicians who develop carpal tunnel and other shit like that tend to get it from bad technique moreso than anything else. So if someone wants to tap faster, they first have to learn how to stay relaxed at high tempos. There's no need to get mom's credit card and buy a dank-ass new keyboard just for that.

Especially because osu! is like

it's a free-to-play game with literally no official cash prizes or any sort of claim-to-fame, nor can it ever really become an officially licensed e-sport unless there's a shit-ton of copyrighted music taken down

Like I get that the majority of people live in industrialized countries where we can drop max bucks on random-ass shit just for "recreation" but still like

bahhaha make better investments.

invest in a relaxed playstyle to promote longevity of arm health instead of medical bills nigga

like bahhahaha
Flaus
did you guys know people are willing to spend more money on a shit-tier keyboard that lights up rather than a good keyboard that doesn't??

shit happens on the regular.

ps: OP should definitely look into buying a gaming chair