1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic
posted
i am getting a mechanical keyboard to replace my rubber dome one since i got tire from mashing the buttons all the way down and it decreases my streaming speed


so my question is: Do shorter bottom out/actuation makes playing osu better? :shock:

for example: mx switches and romer-g switches

romer-g: needs 44 grams to push
can actuate at 1.5 mm
bottom out distance is 2 mm

cherry mx: there are several types of switches with different push force
can actuate at 2 mm
bottoms out at 4 mm


wich means romer-g is a little heavier than red and brown mx switches (i guess), but it is more responsive and shorter

wich also means that mx switches are lighter 2xslower and longer


so which kind of switch i should use?

if you want to add more switches to the post, feel free! :D

:shock:but please add it's statistics/specifications so i can decide

THE POST IS DONE NOW LADIES AND GENTELMEN


So yeah i decided my kind of switch that will compliment my HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENDS
posted
neither, razer green switches master race
posted
I think that highly depends on the subject at hand. In some cases, it's better to be slow and steady, focussing on the job at hand and not let your impulses to go fast take over. Sometimes the reward will be better this way. Other times it's good to go fast - faster than you've ever gone before. Sure, the high squeals it might produce can alarm your neighbours, especially if it's in the middle of the night, but nothing beats a good nightcore session. Most of the times, though, you need to find a healthy balance between both speed and stamina. Slow and steady does win the race, but might get dull. Spicing it up here and there with a nice, fast, flowing motion might just be enough to spark things up leading everything into an orgasmic finale, rewarding you with both a big pp and satisfaction.
posted
So do you want a big pp or not?
posted
holy shit just what i was looking for now i can become acc+speed+stamina god
posted

GladiOol wrote:

I think that highly depends on the subject at hand. In some cases, it's better to be slow and steady, focussing on the job at hand and not let your impulses to go fast take over. Sometimes the reward will be better this way. Other times it's good to go fast - faster than you've ever gone before. Sure, the high squeals it might produce can alarm your neighbours, especially if it's in the middle of the night, but nothing beats a good nightcore session. Most of the times, though, you need to find a healthy balance between both speed and stamina. Slow and steady does win the race, but might get dull. Spicing it up here and there with a nice, fast, flowing motion might just be enough to spark things up leading everything into an orgasmic finale, rewarding you with both a big pp and satisfaction.
All that is true but the reality is that i have a RUBBER DOME KEYBOARD that wants me to cut my fingers off and it is sitting on my desk right now
posted
Do people actually fucking think about this

Like people are like "oh fuck yeah man I need to exert 5 jules of force to hit the key once" like jesus fucking christ i hate this game so much
posted
Technically you can lower bottom out point in cherry mx by putting O-Rings on keys. I am using for Osu 2 x o-ring for each key which gives me bottom out = actuation point.

Do people actually fucking think about this
Difference between cherry mx red without o-rings and with 2 orings is HUGE so i think it is reason to care about it.
posted

Reditum wrote:

Do people actually fucking think about this

Like people are like "oh fuck yeah man I need to exert 5 jules of force to hit the key once" like jesus fucking christ i hate this game so much
this is what happens when people pancake to be the best
posted

Mr Color wrote:

this is what happens when people thrive to be the best
Perhaps you meant strive?
posted
yeah something like that

bad englando ples no copi pasterino
posted

Mr Color wrote:

Reditum wrote:

Do people actually fucking think about this

Like people are like "oh fuck yeah man I need to exert 5 jules of force to hit the key once" like jesus fucking christ i hate this game so much
this is what happens when people pancake to be the best
I do not really want to be the son of cookiezi or something

I just want to give my hand a lifetime vacation from the rubber dome killer

Since rubber dome hurts my hands really badly when streaming from 170 and higher
posted
Like people, my hands feel like being stabbed when just streaming at 150

And when i stream above that my hands want to sit in a corner and cry like someone got his mans...things got cut off
posted

BrokenArrow wrote:

neither, razer green switches master race
i really hope this was a fucking joke you pizza faced fuck
posted
this is the fucking weird thing with osu!

and I don't know if its a thing for other games

But people are like

"FUCK!!! My fingers hurt when I stream at xxx speed! I better buy a new fucking keyboard

Like I've spent quite a number of years studying tuba. When I play a lot and get strained, my first though isn't "fuck time to buy a new mouthpiece / tuba", it's a variety of things, mostly like "I should have spent more time warming up" or "Maybe I'm sleep deprived and my muscles are weak" or "Maybe I should play some low etudes for now to relax myself / take a break "

Like it's the silliest thing. I get that there are minute differences that equipment brings, but if you're getting pained by playing a fucking video game, then that's the sign of something much deeper.

I had a friend who's a percussionist who managed to get carpal tunnel twice in one semester. The reason he got it was because he held the sticks way too tight. when he played, he would strain his arm because there was so much tension in there, and his instructor had to re-teach him how to hold the stick to reduce tension and allow him to play the repetoire he needed to play without literally losing functionality of his arms. Tension is one of the biggest causes of arm pain. And when people want to tap things really fast that they probably can't handle, they tense up their arm and press the keys really hard. Which in turn makes them strained. So if you're wanting to actually think of a way to help ease pain, start by relaxing in difficult sections and not tensing your arm when you're attempting to do things.
posted
I tense my arm to go faster and it doesn't hurt at all ever - sometimes my arm gets tired though but that's expected. It's been like this for a year now; it's a requirement to go faster.

Who the fuck hurts their fingers though?

I think the people who complain about that shit are not fit for actually playing osu or are completely retarded in how they play and blame it on their equipment/the bpm.
posted

Khelly wrote:

Who the fuck hurts their fingers though?
it's almost like a bunch of top players have had to retire because of carpal tunnel and similar injuries

it's almost like this happens in every competitive video game
posted
That's not fingers, you idiot
posted
no but this is

posted
Yeah you're fucking wrong and admit You werent talkingn about fingers in your example


AHAHHAAHAHAHAHA
show more
Please sign in to reply.