forum

ITS OVER 9000!!! FPS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Puffles
Before I begin, I'd like to say that I'm not bragging about my amazing gaming rig in this thread. I just thought this was interesting enough to share.

Out of curiosity, I decided to see what sort of frame rate I was getting in osu!. I knew it was over 60 FPS, because the game looked silky smooth, but I wasn't sure of the exact number. I figured that since I could run Call of Duty 4 smoothly on maximum settings, I was probably running osu! at some ridiculously high frame rate, like 250 FPS. I was really shocked when I used FRAPS to find out my true frame rate:

It's over 9000! Divided by 5!

But, the question remains: if I get frame rates that high, why do I still lag from time to time?
peppy
This is the part where you <3 me for awesome optimisation. You should try turning on shaders - this will half your fps or so. As for the lag you speak of - it could be vsync tearing (kind've unavoidable) if you feel it constantly, but if it totally freezes gameplay, you should check the fps counter when this happens. It should suddenly floor down to 0 in this case. If you can still find such cases, it would be great if you figure out exactly when it happens, or what causes it. It can't just be a random pause... and I don't get any such freezes on all three of my test systems.

Also, nice framerate - I can only hit around 1960 at 1024x768 (shaders disabled). With shaders I average around the 1000-1200 mark.
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

This is the part where you <3 me for awesome optimisation. You should try turning on shaders - this will half your fps or so. As for the lag you speak of - it could be vsync tearing (kind've unavoidable) if you feel it constantly, but if it totally freezes gameplay, you should check the fps counter when this happens. It should suddenly floor down to 0 in this case. If you can still find such cases, it would be great if you figure out exactly when it happens, or what causes it. It can't just be a random pause... and I don't get any such freezes on all three of my test systems.

Also, nice framerate - I can only hit around 1960 at 1024x768 (shaders disabled). With shaders I average around the 1000-1200 mark.
Try running your tutorial with an FPS counter. I bet you get more FPS than me. ^_^

Shaders make me lag even more, sadly. Plus, the flashes seem to distract me too much.
mattyu007
...now run osu with the windows vista basic theme and osu at 640x480 :P
lukewarmholiday
My framerate gets pretty high too, but mouse mouse is jumpy as hell...

Well, it will lock up and jiggle in place like its not on a solid color surface or the lens is dirty, due to this I've given up on harder difficulty james maps :P
peppy
Turn down your mouse sensitivity in osu!. Turn it up in windows if you must.
lukewarmholiday

peppy wrote:

I'm just buying a new mouse. If the mouse jiggles in place for a half second or so i'm gonna feel that on any sensitivity :P(i know its my mouse because i have no trouble using any of my friends after getting used to his/her mouse sensitivity).

Download: Weird Al Yankovic - Your Horoscope For Today (0_o) [Hard].osu

Download: Weird Al Yankovic - Your Horoscope For Today (0_o) [Normal].osu
Metroid
I fell like taking your CPU and other core components of your comp my FPS is around 70 area without the frame rate cutter in the options.

DAMN 4 year old graphic card of crap. :<

I have a hard time with FRAPS on :<

I CAN
T WAIT TILL MY COMP'S MOTHERBOARD AND GRAPHIC CARD GET UPGRADED.

I can reach 2k in FPS with Shaders on :)
Thank you Nvidia.
Topic Starter
Puffles

peppy wrote:

I have a jumpy mouse too, and my mouse sensitivity is set to X1.

I do have it set to 2000dpi in Windows, though.
Waiben
I was amazed aswell when I saw I was getting over 2500 fps aswell XD
Synpoo
lol same dude!
Gumpy
How did you even find this thread Waiben?
Oinari-sama
Please don't necro.