forum

Has Anyone Played Guilty Gear?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I just wanted to know something. Has anyone in this forum played a 2-D Fighting Game called Guilty Gear X-2? I would really like to talk to someone who knows this game. I've been a fan of this series for about 3 - 4 years. I'm a kinda good Zappa Player, yes. :P
Mogsy
I still have my copy of #Reload, hah, and my XBORX isn't plugged in anymore.

But honestly, yeah, I play Guilty Gear. I'm quite decent with Jam, myself.

Download: SHK - Identity Part II (Chacha17) [Climbb's Normal].osu
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
You know, I find it funny that you're the only person who knows Guilty Gear. I have a copy of #Reload, too. Too bad its stuck inside my Xbox since I can't find the connectors to it. :( Oh well, at least I have my copy of Isuka, and Accent Core. :D

Download: SHK - Identity Part II (Chacha17) [Climbb's Normal].osu
Mogsy

HyperHongMeiling wrote:

You know, I find it funny that you're the only person who knows Guilty Gear. I have a copy of #Reload, too. Too bad its stuck inside my Xbox since I can't find the connectors to it. :( Oh well, at least I have my copy of Isuka, and Accent Core. :D
I was thinking of getting Accent Core. How was it?

Also, I love May, but damn, I can't ever pull off her OHKO.
Fraeon
Well, since GGXX Slash, the game has been pretty broken and Eddie is basically god tier compared to everyone else. Then there's all the nice bugs like jump installing, random crossovers and other shit. They just seem to keep adding mechanics on top of their engine without fixing problems with the previous ones. It was fine when #Reload was out, now it's just a clusterfuck.

Not to mention Arc Sys has had a track record of doing broken as hell games lately: see Sengoku Basara X, Hokuto no Ken and Battle Fantasia for reference.

Play Street Fighter III: Third Strike. That's the quintessential 2D fighter, foos!
Mogsy

Fraeon wrote:

Well, since GGXX Slash, the game has been pretty broken and Eddie is basically god tier compared to everyone else. Then there's all the nice bugs like jump installing, random crossovers and other shit. They just seem to keep adding mechanics on top of their engine without fixing problems with the previous ones. It was fine when #Reload was out, now it's just a clusterfuck.

Not to mention Arc Sys has had a track record of doing broken as hell games lately: see Sengoku Basara X, Hokuto no Ken and Battle Fantasia for reference.

Play Street Fighter III: Third Strike. That's the quintessential 2D fighter, foos!
I'll still be playing Guilty Gear, personally, I just won't give up #Reload. Especially now that it's backwards compatible (I believe it is, since you can download it off XBL).
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Accent Core is a Great Game if you like the gameplay. Too bad it doesn't have story mode like the other Guilty Gear games. :( I know that Guilty Gear Accent Core + has story mode in it. That makes me a happy person! I want to learn more about Zappa anyways. :D Also, about how to do May's Instant Kill, you have to do 6464426426HS, or an easier version: -><- qcbx2 HS
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Fraeon wrote:

Oh, come on. Give the game a break. It's pretty much supposed to be broken. Also, it's one of the most complex fighting games I've ever played. Accent Core has some nice features to it, you should try it out. Yes, I know 3rd Strike is a great game, but can people play an obsure game once in a while. :|
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Mogsworth wrote:

Fraeon wrote:

I'll still be playing Guilty Gear, personally, I just won't give up #Reload. Especially now that it's backwards compatible (I believe it is, since you can download it off XBL).
Holy Crap, you can play #Reload on Xbox 360 now!? Dang, you can also buy it off there! Man, I'm totally going to buy it! :)
awp
Too lazy to merge posts but HyperHong you can just quote the three messages all in one post, no need to post once for each point @_@
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Heh, sorry. ^_^; I'm not really used to the quote function as of yet. Didn't mean to cause a mishap.
Fraeon

HyperHongMeiling wrote:

Fraeon wrote:

Oh, come on. Give the game a break. It's pretty much supposed to be broken. Also, it's one of the most complex fighting games I've ever played. Accent Core has some nice features to it, you should try it out. Yes, I know 3rd Strike is a great game, but can people play an obsure game once in a while. :|
You think I haven't tried Accent Core? It's the most broken game in the series after the first Guilty Gear. (And the first Guilty Gear had nice infinites and instakills that ended the whole game, not just the round, with one move. Awesome!)

And no game is supposed to be broken. Soul Calibur III was broken and guess what? Nobody plays Soul Calibur III anymore. Big Rigs is broken and nobody...HEY, YOU'RE WINNER!
Mogsy

Fraeon wrote:

And no game is supposed to be broken. Soul Calibur III was broken and guess what? Nobody plays Soul Calibur III anymore. Big Rigs is broken and nobody...HEY, YOU'RE WINNER!
I just hope that the departure from the 2D fighting game, Guilty Gear 2: Overture, will not be broken and will be as epic as I think it'll be.

Also, I like facing opponents that never leave the starting line! :D
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Fraeon wrote:

HyperHongMeiling wrote:

Fraeon wrote:

You think I haven't tried Accent Core? It's the most broken game in the series after the first Guilty Gear. (And the first Guilty Gear had nice infinites and instakills that ended the whole game, not just the round, with one move. Awesome!)

Guilty Gear: The Missing Link was more broken than any other Guilty Gear game released. Instant Kills also don't make the game, dude. :| You can also do infinites like Dustloop with Sol Badguy in most games. Big Rigs is also not a Fighting game, but still, the YOU'RE WINNER! thing is still funny. Guilty Gear is still played even though it's broken. I also think the reason why Soul Caliber III isn't played anymore is because it didn't have the same gameplay like Soul Caliber II, so it pretty much sucked. Still, I really don't want a fighting game flame war. People like fighting games that they like, and other people like fighting games they like. I don't really want to argue with you, and I hope we can work this out...
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Mogsy
It's released in September of this year. And I might as well cancel my preorder and just rent it, just like I did with Operation: Darkness (SPOILER ALERT: shit sucks).

Also, you can have multiple quotes in one post, just edit your message so the other quote is underneath your response to the previous one.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp

Mogsworth wrote:

It's released in September of this year. And I might as well cancel my preorder and just rent it, just like I did with Operation: Darkness (SPOILER ALERT: shit sucks).

Also, you can have multiple quotes in one post, just edit your message so the other quote is underneath your response to the previous one.
Off topic but I can't help it.

Operation: Darkness sounded like a hilarious game, there's a patch for Big Rigs to make the computer actually RACE you (at a mind-numbing 40km/h - oh, and he stops right in front of the finish line, so you're still winner) and how was SC3 broken? Because I did not notice - unless you are talking about that gay French guy with the rapier.
James
Then there's all the nice bugs like jump installing, random crossovers and other shit. They just seem to keep adding mechanics on top of their engine without fixing problems with the previous ones. It was fine when #Reload was out, now it's just a clusterfuck.
Well I do all those stuffs you mentioned on the first sentence in GGX. Heck they got an almost infinite combo in GGX (FDC)

Accent core plus is OK. but i hate almost every character having a loop. order sol has dustloop that is 10times easier than reload dustloop and dishes 1/3 of your lifebar

oh btw im pro at eddie @ slash, OK millia/sol/slayer in every version, very annoying r-ky/faust in all versions they are available except for ACplus
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I find Accent Core to have pretty good added mechanics like force break. I also think that characters almost having a loop kind of annoying, too. I'm pretty good with Zappa in all versions of X-2, and I'm kind of good with casually playing with everyone except for Potemkin. I just can't get used to him not having a foward dash, but I know he's a good character without it.
James
i think pot doesnt need to have a dash.

his [4]6 HS, p is enough
you wont use it often anyways but its good.
and seeing that move after a knockdown/pot buster is SCARY
Fraeon

awp wrote:

and how was SC3 broken? Because I did not notice - unless you are talking about that gay French guy with the rapier.
Ever heard of variable cancelling? It's basically interrupting a move while your character is supposed to be recovering and makes 100% combos and other silliness possible.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

A lot of those aren't even terribly hard to do.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

James wrote:

i think pot doesnt need to have a dash.

his [4]6 HS, p is enough
you wont use it often anyways but its good.
and seeing that move after a knockdown/pot buster is SCARY
I seen that move a few times while watching some rounds of Guilty Gear a while back. Yes, it's scary all right...