forum

Going to the gym is effecting my osu playing.. oh nooozzzz

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
dear people at the gym, i was not expecting lifting weights to effect my tapping fingers for osu, however it seems that it has and my hand feels lethargic and slow. this is very upsetting to me as noone at the gym told me this would happen. I will now stop going to the gym... osu! > my health
Deva
You are probably doing something wrong or are weak as fuck. If latter then make a break with osu not gym and come back when you arent weak as fuck anymore.
DeathHydra
Well, usually people who goes to the gym don't play osu!, so how could they tell you?
Endaris
If you didn't went to the gym before it's normal.
Your fingers are just suffering from muscle ache right now.

I know this from when I started playing volleyball again and on the day after the first evening my fingers were aching and I couldn't even stream 130bpm for more than a second. Week after I played volleyball again, no negative effects noticeable on the next day.

If this is a memethread, just play osu! in the gym.
Topic Starter
Sylveon
hmm playing osu in the gym. Il try that! thanks
winber1
as endaris said, if you literally have been going for a week or less, u haven't even let the routine settle in yet. don't be a fucking bitch and just do it.

tbh can't tell if just a shitpost either
Deva

HK_ wrote:

You are probably doing something wrong or are weak as fuck. If latter then make a break with osu not gym and come back when you arent weak as fuck anymore.
fuck what i said, i did some workout today and my tapping hand is dead
pleas halp me too
Jellyfish McGub
osu! while working out

good for your osu!Health, truly
Kunino Sagiri

HK_ wrote:

weak as fuck
How exactly does being really fragile and having non-existent buffed muscles affect your efficiency in this game where you only use your fingers? I'm pretty confident that I'm the most fragile person in a thousand kilometer circumference around me that even 10 y.o kids can outpower anytime yet I can still play osu! for more than 10 hours with microbreaks.
Deva
Ask people who get RSI or get injured while playing osu, i dont understand it at all either.
I Give Up
I play better after working out. Probably you tap too hard or play in awkward position.
winber1
tbh if you work out biceps and triceps it still does effect your playing if you go pretty all out on it. however, if you work out forearms, ur fucking done.
ithgyu
I used to go to the gym and it never affected me. I started going to the gym again today. Lets see if it affects me :o
Endie-
I went skiing some time ago. I have no idea how, but for some reason it completly ruined my streaming speed. I was able to maintain 215 bpm, but now after a month of trying to get it back I struggle with 200. Stamina has also fucked up. Rip me

Never going skiing again