forum

aspect ratio

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub
i dont think it actually matters but for some reason i am 800% more consistent when i am using 4:3 as opposed to 16:9
im pretty sure the vertical height is only a few pixels smaller, if any

so... what is the difference?
Deva
Play more.
Shitpost less.
silento
You don't have to move your eyes side to side as much, that's why. That's precisely why I prefer 8:5 res (1680x1050 or 1280x768) most of the time when I'm not doing fullscreen.
DeathHydra
4:3 and 16:9. Obviously different numbers. What's there to ask?
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub
but that doesnt make sense. why would the game be harder if you are playing with a wider screen? that was a rhetorical question, it doesnt
Endie-
Stop asking dumb questions and play more
bigfeetz
I play 21:9 lol.... Just get used to your aspect ratio XD
The Actor

HK_ wrote:

Play more.
Shitpost less.
hey shitposts give free post counts amiright New fag here
B1rd
Reading this thread just cringy. If you can't be constructive then don't post.

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

i dont think it actually matters but for some reason i am 800% more consistent when i am using 4:3 as opposed to 16:9
im pretty sure the vertical height is only a few pixels smaller, if any

so... what is the difference?
osu! is based on a 4:3 resolution, so any additional resolution does nothing but extend the non-playfield screen area.
deletemyaccount

B1rd wrote:

osu! is based on a 4:3 resolution, so any additional resolution does nothing but extend the non-playfield screen area.
exactly, its the fucking same (assuming that the vertical resolution is the same).

If you're going to play 4:3 at least use fullscreen with the black bars thing so you don't have increased input lag.
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub
yeah i use fullscreen. also my 4:3 is 36 pixels shorter than my native so im pretty much screwed

dung eater

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

yeah i use fullscreen. also my 4:3 is 36 pixels shorter than my native so im pretty much screwed

use a custom resolution