forum

People with laptop keyboards.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yukihana
Do you guys rest ur palm on the laptop or hands are slightly in the air? How far is the screen, close or in distance?
Does anyone have a pic what my laptop keyboard look when playing osu on it for years? :)
chainpullz
kurodahatsuharu
rest on the mech keyboard 8-)
Deva
Just learn to alternate.
Topic Starter
Yukihana

HK_ wrote:

Just learn to alternate.
I didn't ask anything that evolves learning to alternate.
Just asking people about their habits...
Deva

Yukihana wrote:

Just asking people about their habits...
Its my habit to alternate.
PixelatedPotato
someone pls give me a good keyboard kthnxbye

silento
I rest it on the laptop.
Rosten
Wait, am I a high enough rank to contribute to discussions yet?
Huh. Oh well. If not, then may the Osu! gods strike me down where I stand.
Anyways, I rest my hand on the laptop, I don't know how I'd even play without a laptop anymore, it's just how im so used to positioning my hand.
YamiHikari
Laptop player~ i rest my wrist and palm on the laptop i guess, while my fingers are the ones which are positioned higher. Kind of helped me with streams.
I Give Up
Lift palm or rest palm does not matter. Just push the button.
Endie-
Does it matter?
Jellyfish McGub
all play more
Ganbatte_old_1
Get yourselv osu! nono keyboard :p
NicoHolic777
I place my arm on the edge of the table, and stretch my fingers to reach the buttons. (Wait, how did I managed to do that?)

And I ended up with an S in a 4 star map. And a lot of SSes in Normal/Easy maps.
Deva

KukiMonster wrote:

Lift palm or rest palm does not matter. Just push the button.
But i find it so hard to hold my hand in the air :(
OniGagaku
I have my palm on the laptop. I also changed my keybindings to W & E, as for me it's more comfortable. And the screen distance is quite far away :D
Hoanphu
Palms: Palm on laptop. My fingers are bend into a "claw". Works better on higher speeds for me. Try whichever is most comfortable to you.
Distance: I sit twice the width away from my screen. I would not recommend sitting near the screen.

Photo of old laptop: None. I already changed to PC. Pricerange was 400-600€ and the X and Z keys were in terrible condition. Get yourself an external keyboard in case your laptop is not a "gamer laptop". Otherwise 2 of your keys will be rendered useless depending on your playing habits.