forum

Does practicing HR improve accuracy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yukihana
Same as the title <3
Mahogany
Yes in the same way that practicing nomod will improve accuracy or practicing DT will improve accuracy or practicing HD will improve accuracy or practicing NF will improve accuracy because technically you are playing more so you'll get better
N0thingSpecial

Mahogany wrote:

Yes in the same way that practicing nomod will improve accuracy or practicing DT will improve accuracy or practicing HD will improve accuracy or practicing NF will improve accuracy because technically you are playing more so you'll get better
thats a really fancy way of saying play more lol
Minhtam

Mahogany wrote:

So in other words.... no?
B1rd
Practicing accuracy improves your accuracy.
Deva
As a filthy DT farmer you can only dream about playing HR properly.
Try editing OD first.
Mahogany

Minhtam wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

So in other words.... no?
More like "Yes, but not particularly"
chainpullz
OD10 only helps you improve the accuracy of things you were hitting 300's on at lower OD. Thus high OD practice will help improve accuracy but the OD you should practice on depends on how good your acc is. If you are hitting 95% on OD9 then pushing things up to OD10 won't really do much for your improvement. If you are hitting 98%+ on OD9 then yeah, OD10 will give you a lot more room to improve.

The other components of HR force you to divert your pool of focus away from timing since the aim and reading requirements are much higher as well. This means even if the OD was the same you'd be less likely to hit 300's on the same notes. Your overall pool of focus will have to improve in order to meet all three increases in difficulty. This means you'll have more to pool into timing when you take HR off assuming your density reading isn't trash tier to begin with (ar9 isn't even that dense anyways). You'll still have to practice focusing on using this additional focus for timing on ar9 but you'll have a bit more potential.

If you just want to improve accuracy you're better off just editing to a higher OD. HR is more for improving your everything (minus density reading). It's also important to note that you can also just play harder nomod maps that use larger spacing and higher OD (editing OD as necessary). HR is more of a precision aim than big aim thing with more of a focus on speed reading than density reading.
Adder

Mahogany wrote:

not true if only playing OD1 and with transparent 100 and 50 hit bursts
The Gambler
I personally think that enjoying the songs more will help with acc, since you're more in tune with the map as well as more emotionally committed to the song.
Which helps with the accuracy problem.

Explains why I can't play Sound Voltex maps properly...
Mahogany

Adder wrote:

Mahogany wrote:

not true if only playing OD1 and with transparent 100 and 50 hit bursts
You can tell the timing via audio cues and other visual cues and you actually will get better...at OD1
chainpullz

The Gambler wrote:

I personally think that enjoying the songs more will help with acc, since you're more in tune with the map as well as more emotionally committed to the song.
Which helps with the accuracy problem.

Explains why I can't play Sound Voltex maps properly...
The Gambler

chainpullz wrote:

-snip-
Really man? I meant like something you would legitimately blast of out your car stereo. Something you could actually jam to.
chainpullz

The Gambler wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

-snip-
Really man? I meant like something you would legitimately blast of out your car stereo. Something you could actually jam to.
John Williams is my jam?
Endie-
feel the beat
deletemyaccount
hr has actually worsened my overall accuracy on top ranks so no it doesn't

okay no serious answer.

In my opinion, yes it does; you begin to adjust to OD10 after a while and it definitely translates to other maps that aren't ar10/od10 (assuming that when you say playing HR means od10/ar10 maps).
The Gambler
^^ It's weird seeing your OD10 spread appearing in nomod plays, assuming your reading isn't affected
Risa
So long as u dont end up screwing up your AR<10 reading then it should.
Jellyfish McGub
so... yes or no?

i dont see how smaller hitcircles and higher AR COULDN'T improve your accuracy
pandaBee

B1rd wrote:

Practicing accuracy improves your accuracy.
Explain further.
Kunino Sagiri

pandaBee wrote:

Explain further.
Playing more improves your osu!skill
Dre-
no only listening to the music and getting a feel for the rhythm will help you stop seeing with your eyes and start hearing with your ears. playing HR won't help you if anything its making it easier to acc because of the higher AR (assuming you can read ar10 correctly).
I Give Up
Practising HR will only improve your HR accuracy. It will also improve your base skill to some degree, as with playing anything.