forum

[Rule Clarification] Approved Category is only for Marathon

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jawns
Long maps with over 5 minutes of draining time fit the Approval category. Only then they are allowed to be single difficulty mapsets. If they are below 5 minutes of draining time, a full difficulty spread is needed and the map will have to be ranked instead.
Short story: I saw that Taeyang's remote control map got qualified, but I noticed that the drain time was only 4:54 according to the website and the editor. I was then later informed, that the time listed is inaccurate, and the map was actually fine.

If the time listed is not fixed, I think the rule should somehow mention that it is inaccurate to avoid confusion.
Myxo
better tell the devs to fix drain time calculation on the website
Underforest

Desperate-kun wrote:

Agreed with it
Kibbleru
they dont count spinners for some reason.
Topic Starter
jawns

Underforest wrote:

Desperate-kun wrote:

Agreed with it
Yeah, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be fixed soon, so it would be helpful in the meantime.
It also shows the wrong time in the editor when doing test plays, if I'm not being an idiot...
Natsu

jawns wrote:

Yeah, but it doesn't look like it's gonna be fixed soon, so it would be helpful in the meantime.
It also shows the wrong time in the editor when doing test plays, if I'm not being an idiot...
It become well know thing in the mapping community already (especially in the BN and QAT), waiting for a fix is all what you can do for now.
Myxo
~
abraker
Make a bug report in the help subforum if you haven't already.