forum

Having trouble with similar-directional fast singles.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rosten
Lately I've found myself having lots of trouble with fast singles that happen to be going in a similar direction. It's kind of hard to explain, like a really spaced out stream, if you've ever played the Insane level of Kokou no sensei, you probably know exactly what I'm talking about. Anyways, it's usually only those types of fast singles I have a ton of trouble with, I can usually get through squares and other shapes with ease, but I always move through these too fast/don't hit the button in the right rhythm.
Deva
Those are called spaced low bpm streams i call them single tapps but not sure if anyone else does

Just play more and you will get better at them, theres really no other way.
silento
Play them like you know them and don't hesitate. Hesitation is the real killer when it comes to playing those.
Mahogany
I always find obtuse angles to be really hard to hit too

Just play more and stop specifically worrying about them because that will only make you worse at them
chainpullz
Tap tablet = profit
Deva

chainpullz wrote:

Tap tablet = profit
But wouldnt that make it harder even than snapping?
chainpullz

HK_ wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Tap tablet = profit
But wouldnt that make it harder even than snapping?
Nope, it's just harder to do the higher the bpm is. If you are fast enough to aim the bpm though you should be fast enough to tap along to the 1/2's though. Just takes a bit of practice.
Deva
I seriously doubt id be able to tap something like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/160490&m=0 on a tablet even tho i can aim it
chainpullz

HK_ wrote:

I seriously doubt id be able to tap something like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/160490&m=0 on a tablet even tho i can aim it
I seriously doubt your intelligence all/most of the time though.
Deva
ouch thats rood
Topic Starter
Rosten
Ah yeah, I figured that practice would be the only way, oh well...

I feel like I should also mention that I use a mouse & keyboard, not a tablet.
Jellyfish McGub

chainpullz wrote:

HK_ wrote:

I seriously doubt your intelligence all/most of the time though.
you say that like your combined average iq points is more than his iq points.

seriously, no one cares.
Jellyfish McGub
in other news, the answer is play more
7ambda

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

seriously, no one cares.
no one cares about ur meme posts
Jellyfish McGub

F1r3tar wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

seriously, no one cares.
no one cares about ur meme posts
you nerds told me that playing more wasnt a meme
B1rd
Try aiming with your tapping hand, focus on clicking when your cursor is over the circles rather than trying to get your cursor over the circles then clicking.
Jellyfish McGub

B1rd wrote:

Try aiming with your tapping hand, focus on clicking when your cursor is over the circles rather than trying to get your cursor over the circles then clicking.
if you look at the pinned post on how to get better, it says to not view patterns as one big movement
7ambda

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

if you look at the pinned post on how to get better, it says to not view patterns as one big movement
That's only referring to shapes like squares. We're talking about low bpm-spaced streams, like the ones on Kokou no Sousei.
Jellyfish McGub
single-tap streams still be streams
B1rd

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

B1rd wrote:

I never said to view patterns as one big movement.
Jellyfish McGub

B1rd wrote:

then tell me how these two are different:

1. clicking when your cursor is over the circles
2. get your cursor over the circles then clicking
B1rd

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

B1rd wrote:

then tell me how these two are different:

1. clicking when your cursor is over the circles
2. get your cursor over the circles then clicking
It's pretty self-explanatory isn't it? It's about your perception and which hand has the initiative.
jesse1412
There's a pretty massive difference between spaced streams and 180 degree jumps. OP asked about jumps. Try using mind tricks to help focus, stare at the first two notes of these patterns and try to block out the third one until as late as possible.

Definitely some of the hardest patterns, worse than squares arguably.
Yuudachi-kun