forum

Lifestyle affecting performance in osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Baka94
NOTE: I'm not sure if this belongs to this forum, since this technically doesn't relate to playing osu directly :/

Most "how to improve/get better at osu" related topics focus on playing osu itself, but I've been wondering if your lifestyle choices can also affect how well you play. Let's have a little discussion about this, shall we~ :P

Things like sleeping well (this one should be obvious), eating well, exercising and otherwise living healthy. Exercising especially might be helpful, since you'd be able to improve your stamina, which helps in streams and such.

I'd like to hear your opinion on whether you think that your lifestyle choices can affect your performance in osu. If you have any experience in this (doesn't matter whether it affected positively or negatively), I'd like to hear that too :3
Zain Sugieres
Personally I think that everything matters when it comes to rhythm and games that involve using your reflexes at all. Sleep is probably the most important but your performance might go down even if you just need to go to the toilet. Food affects it as well but not the health matter but more of - am I fed or not.

edit: forgot to mention about stress. Stress can either help you in your performance or make you worse at the game, all depends on person. Although small amounts of stress are good for performance imo.
Topic Starter
Baka94

Zain Sugieres wrote:

edit: forgot to mention about stress. Stress can either help you in your performance or make you worse at the game, all depends on person. Although small amounts of stress are good for performance imo.
Probably depends on the source of the stress. I'd imagine that small stress from playing a hard map etc. can affect positively to an extent, but stress caused from other things such as school, work etc, might have negative affection on performance.
Sayorie
Bodily health directly affects the performance of your basic senses. Mental health—even so. Also, stress and frustration can affect how you play, and may even be detrimental. From all the games that I have played, osu! is one of those that require extreme concentration and focus, and having a terrible mental health makes it very hard to play, with stress as one factor.

That is why a good lifestyle is important too.
N0thingSpecial
I (used to) play the piano, and it kinda helps dealing with nerves, cause I do spend some time playing the piano under pressure.
(this is a stretch since majority of my top ranks are sub 1k combo)
I Give Up
Eat healthy. Sleep healthy. Stay hydrated.
kurodahatsuharu
yes. Everything in your life affecting everything in your life (a quote from my mom) :roll:
Risa
More like osu ruined my life