forum

Mouse Player to Tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Degy
I need reliable tips (no play more tips pls just leave) on how to quickly adapt to play from a mouse to using tablet
What did you guys encounter any hardships? Right now i still think its easier for a mouse player to play osu, but thats because i only have had this tablet for 1-2 days.

So if you guys ask. I was using a 5k DPI mouse ( don't care if pro players use 1 dpi-800 or something) I find 5k dpi was really good for me, but i moved country and left my peripherals along with my mouse so i took this opportunity to buy and play with a tablet got a CTH 490. Anyway because i was using a very high dpi should I use a large tablet area, full area, or small area? any tips on how to get a good tablet area or should i just copy other people. I frequently read from other post that hovering is better than dragging. not so sure about that but should i start with hover? I used to be able to play and FC 4+ difficulty song hardest i FC-ed is Goose house - Hikaru nara -TV size- [Insane] (94.57%) but that was using my old set up with quickfire TK and roccat mouse. now im kinda stuck using a very different set up like screen is different and using a laptop so right now. I find that i can't even get high acc on 3 star. So any tips or should i just get a new MKB coz using a laptop is really hard im afraid i might even break it.
B1rd
Your mouse dpi doesn't really influence what tablet area you should use. Just play around with your tablet to find what area and grip are comfortable for you. And if you're playing with a laptop, look into buying a mechanical keyboard numberpad. A mech keyboard would be better then scissor switches and I have seen pictures of laptop keyboards destroyed from playing osu!.
DeathHydra
I don't use tablet, but usually people said to start with full area. If you find it really uncomfortable then make it smaller bit by bit until you are comfortable. For keyboard, mech is recommended, but I also play with laptop keyboard and it's still fine after 3+ months (will buy a keyboard soon though)
Deva
Neglect your aim completely and learn to acc. By the time you get there you will be already used to your tablet.

Also 5000dpi is stupidly high, i was using 800 dpi and when i changed to tablet with full area it felt like i wasnt moving at all, i wonder how it feels for you...
Topic Starter
Degy

HK_ wrote:

5000dpi is stupidly high
its relative to the user. I'm a moba player i actually played Osu! to increase my accuracy while maintaining my dpi but i enjoyed playing so moved to a tablet. I've been using high dpi mouse because i don't like lifting my mouse to noisy imho and i like minimal movements as i have very little work area. My aim is shitty really my problem is i had a good acc but im really sad i'm not able to play my 5 star songs anymore. Im stuck playing 3+ ones right now. I think i need to buy a cheap keyboard like quickfire TK.

DeathAdderz wrote:

. For keyboard, mech is recommended, but I also play with laptop keyboard and it's still fine after 3+ months (will buy a keyboard soon though)
keyboard is last thing on my mind right now i really want a new pc too. I can't stand playing on something thats not 1080p or 23 inch screen. but yeah i was using a cm quickfire tk but i had to leave it in my home country. just moved like few weeks ago

B1rd wrote:

Just play around with your tablet to find what area and grip are comfortable for you
so i shouldn't copy somebody else's area? guess ill just have to guess then
Bauxe
Play more.
kurodahatsuharu
5k dpi equal to a very tiny square on tablet. I used to play the game with a tiny square, get good result on jump, but the consitency through out the beat maps is lost, so i make the area bigger. Now is 1/4 the tablet surface and it getting bigger. If you want good acc, you have to make the tablet area as big as you can, and that's mean lower dpi.

And you need to learn the basic. You said that you play 4 - 5* song but your PP is even lower than mine ( i just play the game for like 40 days), and i never touch a song higher than 4.5* (doesn't count the one i play in multi). So slow down, play 3 - 4* beat map, get you mind adapt to the game.
I Give Up
play more
Dre-
Use fullarea or as close to it as possible also just play more you'll slowly come to figure out how the tablet works and you'll soon learn that the tablet is literally an extension of your self it will feel quite natural after a while.
FrzR
get better

who the fuck would even play comfortably at 5k dpi
Topic Starter
Degy

FrzR wrote:

get better

Thats my question on people who play with 800 dpi

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

You said that you play 4 - 5* song but your PP is even lower than mine
I never submit the songs. I don't really care about PP for me its just a way for people to brag that they are better than people with lower pp. I just liked playing harder songs coz it helps me read better and it affects my play on lower difficulty anyway. I still play lower difficulty songs
I Give Up
I'm using 800dpi more often each day and quite liking it. It's a good balance between agility and precision so my streams look a lot more cleaner while I am still able to hit jumps. At 2k dpi I would never have been able to land those streams as muscle twitches would be visible and tensing would be even worse trying to keep cursor steady. Let alone 5k dpi...
Sayorie

KukiMonster wrote:

Let alone 5k dpi...
Let alone the Razer™ Mamba's 16000 dpi
kurodahatsuharu

Degy wrote:

FrzR wrote:

get better

Thats my question on people who play with 800 dpi

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

You said that you play 4 - 5* song but your PP is even lower than mine
I never submit the songs. I don't really care about PP for me its just a way for people to brag that they are better than people with lower pp. I just liked playing harder songs coz it helps me read better and it affects my play on lower difficulty anyway. I still play lower difficulty songs
Play the song that meet your level is make you read and other skill even better. Osu! is not the game that you can skip ahead. If you keep thing like that you will not improve much over years, just quit the game.
Topic Starter
Degy

kurodahatsuharu wrote:

Play the song that meet your level is make you read and other skill even better. Osu! is not the game that you can skip ahead. If you keep thing like that you will not improve much over years, just quit the game.

I'm not that competitive to be frustrated by not improving. I enjoy the song thats why i force myself to go higher because the songs i like is at a higher difficulty. I won't force myself to play 6* songs. I've played and almost fc-ed 5* songs while i was using my mouse. I'm not forcing myself to get to that level right now i'm just saying it's sad thay I can't play what i used to play with my mouse.

KukiMonster wrote:

I'm using 800dpi more often each day and quite liking it. It's a good balance between agility and precision so my streams look a lot more cleaner while I am still able to hit jumps. At 2k dpi I would never have been able to land those streams as muscle twitches would be visible and tensing would be even worse trying to keep cursor steady. Let alone 5k dpi...
I have a very stable hand. I don't have muscle twitches. Its really just how used to you've been using your mouse at a certain setting for me I was already playing at 4.5k dpi before i started playing osu! I just adjusted to 5k because i felt the need because I started playing osu to increase my accuracy while maintaining a very high dpi needed to be able to edge pan in dota 2 I just happened to enjoy the game that I changed by objective of why i play the game and because i don't wanna drop DPI i changed from using my mouse to a tablet. and most of all i found lifting my mouse every 2 second annoying coz i reached the end of my desk

Arthraxium wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

Let alone 5k dpi...
Let alone the Razer™ Mamba's 16000 dpi
why buy a 16k dpi laser sensor mouse if you are not gonna utilize that 16k dpi? Just buy it coz its rainbow colored?
N0thingSpecial

Degy wrote:

I have a very stable hand. I don't have muscle twitches.
Bruh everyone has stable hands until they go into 1200 combo/deathstreaming 175+ bpm
Sayorie

Degy wrote:

why buy a 16k dpi laser sensor mouse if you are not gonna utilize that 16k dpi? Just buy it coz its rainbow colored?
To play with ease in an IMAX resolution screen, of course
deletemyaccount

Arthraxium wrote:

To play with ease in an IMAX resolution screen, of course
that "how far should I sit from my screen" thread comes to mind