forum

A Little Question to the Ranking System

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Samuel97
Hey so Im just now a little bit confused about my rank and I feel like being stuck at it. Im now for over like a year and nearly 2 Rank #145k-130k and I have a feeling I cant get belower (im not getting enough + to get down 130). Do you guys have some tips how I can maybe finally get below this 130k?
Mahogany
Have you tried getting full combos on reasonably difficult maps
The Actor

Samuel97 wrote:

Hey so Im just now a little bit confused about my rank and I feel like being stuck at it. Im now for over like a year and nearly 2 Rank #145k-130k and I have a feeling I cant get belower (im not getting enough + to get down 130). Do you guys have some tips how I can maybe finally get below this 130k?
DT hard maps gg.

On Topic: Have you tried playing some decent pp farm maps that you can FC with one try?
Xyrus_old_1
Just keep clearing 2 star maps with DT and high accuracy like you've been doing, trying out some harder maps as you go along, or FC some more 3 star maps without DT.

So long as you get a Full Combo and have at least 97% accuracy, you can just farm PP by taking on maps that are worth more and getting good scores on them.
Mahogany
Actually don't play DT for ranks because it may give you an inflated sense of your own ability and then it becomes discouraging when you try to play equivalent nomod maps only to see no gains and have far more difficulties
Dre-
Try fcing (full combo) hards / normals with DT/HR/HD and easy pp all while still maintaining a healthy sense of progression to insane and boom profit

"Actually don't play DT for ranks because it may give you an inflated sense of your own ability" eh not really I mean if you spam 10.3 all day then we have a discussion but I don't and many others don't not even 10.3 but ar 8 dt, DT shows alot of stamina and speed imo even at normal level thats still saying much cause it will be the same speed as lets say a hard or a light insane making it a bit easier on the eyes for that player when they get there.
Mahogany

Write wrote:

DT shows alot of stamina and speed imo even at normal level
I completely disagree

DT maps at a medium-low level are literally just nomod maps that give more PP. Just as HR doesn't really become HR until it starts making stuff AR10 OD10, DT doesn't really become DT until it pushes speed requirements past those of normal maps. Both are awful to use on anything below insanes, because you won't actually learn anything yet it'll still reward disproportionate PP.
Yuudachi-kun

Mahogany wrote:

Write wrote:

DT shows alot of stamina and speed imo even at normal level
I completely disagree

DT maps at a medium-low level are literally just nomod maps that give more PP. Just as HR doesn't really become HR until it starts making stuff AR10 OD10, DT doesn't really become DT until it pushes speed requirements past those of normal maps. Both are awful to use on anything below insanes, because you won't actually learn anything yet it'll still reward disproportionate PP.

This
chainpullz
The only redeeming quality about DTHR/DT/HR on easier diffs is that it usually brings it up to ar9. While this means you will probably never learn how to play lower AR's and are fucked if you can't make the leap from normal+mods to hards+mods or insanes+nomod, you will be accustomed to probably the most common AR for your average player.
Jellyfish McGub
how the fuck is a new player supposed to know all this stuff?

(btw im not saying you are a new player)
Topic Starter
Samuel97
Thanks to everybody!
Helped a lot as you can see http://prntscr.com/ahdx1i :P

-Sam
N0thingSpecial

Write wrote:

DT shows alot of stamina and speed imo even at normal level.
lol as a person with his top 3 ranks from DT I would say no, with same SD, drain time, and bpm, DT maps are just easier cause the pattern in normal - insane is just simple in comparison, and for it you get inflated PP which is also why I should be at 50k rank
ithgyu
your at the stage where literally all you have to do is play more and you will get better. You havnt really been playing for a year because you have like a 7k playcount. Literally just play more, and dont play super easy shit
Yuudachi-kun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

Write wrote:

DT shows alot of stamina and speed imo even at normal level.
lol as a person with his top 3 ranks from DT I would say no, with same SD, drain time, and bpm, DT maps are just easier cause the pattern in normal - insane is just simple in comparison, and for it you get inflated PP which is also why I should be at 50k rank
With the same SD, drain time, and bpm, nomod maps are the same as DT too. The extra pp comes from the higher od which tends to be 9 or 9.6 after DT. Your top play is OD8+DT which has HD on it. If the nomods were higher OD like 9.5, you'd see them give what you like to call "inflated" pp.

Please come back when you have played 4.00*+ nomod with DT and it's above 230 bpm, though. DT below that level isn't actual DT for you or Write.
N0thingSpecial
I was saying the inflated PP comes from the simpler rhythmatic pattern and actual pattern of the map, of course I know higher OD + high acc = more pp
Yuudachi-kun

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I was saying the inflated PP comes from the simpler rhythmatic pattern and actual pattern of the map, of course I know higher OD + high acc = more pp
A simpler actual pattern of a map won't give more pp - it'd give less. The OD is pulling all the weight.
B1rd

Khelly wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

A simpler actual pattern of a map won't give more pp - it'd give less. The OD is pulling all the weight.
No, because the game doesn't take pattern difficult into account at all. All it does is calculate bpm and spacing.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

No, because the game doesn't take pattern difficult into account at all. All it does is calculate bpm and spacing.
*cough* that is the type of pattern difficulty I was talking about *cough*
B1rd

Khelly wrote:

Well you don't have good reading comprehension, seeing as in this context 'simpler rhythmic patterns' is obviously referring to objects arranged in a way that is easier to hit despite being of similar star rating.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Well you don't have good reading comprehension, seeing as in this context 'simpler rhythmic patterns' is obviously referring to objects arranged in a way that is easier to hit despite being of similar star rating.
I don't think I was referring to "simpler rhythmic pattern" at all. It seems to be also an entirely distinct object from "And actual pattern difficulty of the map." that I was talking about.

Maybe it's you who has bad reading comprehension.
B1rd
What i meant was 'simpler patterns', not just 'simpler 'rhythmic patterns'.

He was referring to 'simpler rhythmic pattern and actual pattern' because that's literally what he said. And that obviously means objects arranged in a way that is easier to hit despite being of similar star rating..
Yuudachi-kun
They're two different objects where "simpler rhythmic pattern" obviously refers to maps that are easier to get accuracy on due to how the song is made/timed and "simpler actual pattern" refers to actual patterns being easier to hit. How the highest difficult's of No title are harder patterns than the easier difficulties.
show more