forum

Alan Walker - Faded (Julian Calor Remix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thyrfa
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, March 11, 2016 at 2:24:31 AM

Artist: Alan Walker
Title: Faded (Julian Calor Remix)
Tags: edm, trap, remix, julian calor, alan walker, faded, where, are, you, wub wub, rave, festival
BPM: 127
Filesize: 8715kb
Play Time: 03:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Insane (3.8 stars, 442 notes)
Download: Alan Walker - Faded (Julian Calor Remix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First beatmap I've made, so there's probably a good amount thats wrong with it. I feel it fits the music pretty well though. Please let me know any improvements I could make.

-Fixed timing
-Added Kiai
-Fixed Combo
-Increased Difficulty
Astarte
Hi, :oops:

Your timing is off. You should make sure that timing is perfect or close to perfection before start mapping. Now you have to re-snap everything.
Fix the timing first before moving on to anything else. BPM and offset should be this or somewhat close to it:

Hope this helps. Good luck ;)
Topic Starter
thyrfa

Astarte wrote:

Hi, :oops:

Your timing is off. You should make sure that timing is perfect or close to perfection before start mapping. Now you have to re-snap everything.
Fix the timing first before moving on to anything else. BPM and offset should be this or somewhat close to it:

Hope this helps. Good luck ;)
Thanks! Fixed it. Wasn't sure if I should leave as is or not after I used the timing tool because it all seemed good to me, guess a couple hundredths of a bpm isn't super noticable. I'd appreciate it if you would check out the rest of the map also :)
Astarte
Keep in mind that for timing, you can only be off for 5 milliseconds or less. Anything more than that is detrimental to gameplay, and players will definitely notice it, especially the pros. Let alone a couple hundreadths of the BPM.

I'm currently also mapping Faded (original verison), so I'm kinda busy and cannot give you a detailed mod. But I'll give you a more general feedback that you definitely should fix.

Generally:
  1. Do not use an audio file that is more than 192kbps (ideally use 128kbps). So compress it down, or find another mp3 and do timing, snapping again :lol:
  2. Circle size should be 4.5 or less (I prefer 4). Higher than that doesn't feel and look good.
  3. What I suggest for difficulty setup: HP drain 8, CS 4, AR 8-8.5, and OD 8.
  4. Set a timing preview point. (Timing > Set current position as preview point)
  5. Set kiai time.
  6. Lower hitsounds for some parts (soft and small ones) so that it doesn't overshadow the song. Generally the song is pretty loud anyways.
  7. Combo should not be more than 10 (9 or less) so that only 1 digit is showing.
  8. It will be better if you don't emphasize on a less important weak beat.
Btw, do you check Aimod often? If not, might want to do that.
Hope this helps ;)
Topic Starter
thyrfa
Oh I didn't know Aimod was a thing, thanks. Fixed all the issues in there.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.