forum

Osu mania and PP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Felix_Har
What does it mean when my top ranked map for example is 26 pp ? Because it's not that I recieved that much from it.
How do I get pp? I know there is a wiki and I've looked at other topics but I cannot really grasp it. There is so many bad explanations in my opinion.
Some people say they want some good 100pp maps, what does that mean??? :shock: The whole pp thing is so confusing and I personally get so little as 0-5 pp from time to time. :cry:

Summary: How do you get pp is there an easy way or like how do you do it?

Anyways, can anyone give me a simple-easy-to understand explanation. :D

/ With warm regards Felix.
Wh1teh
Harder maps = more pp.

You shouldn't focus on that tho, just try to have fun and improve yourself.
Evening
pp recieved is a cumulative function after your first few maps,
so basically:

Let's say you played through 10 100pp (Raw PP) maps and nothing else, your cumulative pp would be something like:

Map 1: 100pp * 100%
Map 2: 100pp * 95%
Map 3: 100pp * 90%
Map 4: 100pp * 86%
Map 5: 100pp * 81%

and so on
(The percentages can be found under Top Ranks in your profile)

Basically all those Adjusted pp will be summed up and that'd be your final pp count, as you can see, you wouldn't get 1000 pp from playing 10 100pp maps and instead lesser.
In other words, getting a 700 pp score doesn't mean your pp will rise by 700, instead, it will bump down all the scores below 700pp as scores with higher pp gets a higher percentage/weightage.

Also:

Star Rating AND Score is proportional to pp
Bobbias
Just to add to this:

A consequence of using weighted scoring (when I say weighted, I am referring to that percentage multiplier Evening mentioned) is that in order to keep boosting your PP quickly, you need to keep getting higher and higher PP scores.

For example, if I get a score worth 150 raw PP or less right now, it will not add to my final PP, because it will be at the very bottom of my top scores. But if I got a score worth 300+ raw PP, that will be near my top, and would give me a very large boost to my final PP.

This means that when you start playing, you will gain PP very quickly. Once you've played a lot of songs that are at the top of your skill level, you will find it much harder to gain PP unless you improve at the game enough to get scores worth more raw PP.
Topic Starter
Felix_Har
So...how do you increase your PP? All the replies doesn't really say anything to me.
Play harder maps, I do, nothing happens really still.
You mention 100 pp maps, I don't even know what that mean..... :?:
Aqo
play harder maps and get good results on them
is this concept so foreign to people that they really need it explained? :v

Recent Activity
about 14 hours ago Felix_Har achieved rank #303 on TwoThirds - Breathe [Easy] (osu!mania)

you're doing it wrong, try this

about 14 hours ago Felix achieved rank #55 on UNDEAD CORPORATION - The Empress scream off ver [Jepetski's Empress] (osu!mania)
Topic Starter
Felix_Har
Try what??? :?:
[ Koutei Monev]
The PP is a value given to a specific map (Performance Points) taking in account the difficulty of the map itself. Not the stars, but the playability.
The harder the playability is, the more PP a map is worth.
[ Koutei Monev]
To get the best PP, you need two things: Full Combo (getting all notes without misses) and Accuracy (rhythmical accuracy, hitting the note at the most accurate time-and in mania, also stop pressing the key at the finish of the note).

See top players and their own top plays and you can see that the difficulty of playability is somehow related to the PP value of the map.
Each difficulty of a set is valuated separately, not the whole mapset as one
EtienneXC
Play 7k and the pp just comes flying

Sources: I can't play 7k for shit
-Konner-

EtienneXC wrote:

Play 7k and the pp just comes flying

Sources: I can't play 7k for shit
What he said but do it accurately ;^)

For real though, just play more and play harder maps as you go.
juankristal
Alright so I will try and give you a "good" answer for your question but I believe Evening and Bobbias both already gave you one.

Your pp is always based on how hard the song is, the harder the song is in terms of Star Raiting, Lengh and other minnor factors, the more pp you will get from those.

The main thing (and the hard one to understand) is that you WONT get the 100% of the raw pp value of each song. Instead, the system used is based on % of each amount of top-scores that the player have (thats to avoid point farming and PP abuse, if you get the 100% raw pp for all the maps you will probably see 100k pp players).

I will give you an example about my taiko performance:

As you can see my top rank is valued in 215 pp and I get the 100% of that value to my overall pp for that gamemode. But you can also see that the #2 song in the list (Heavenly Moon) is worth on 199pp but it only gives me the 95% of it. This is, like I said, a way to avoid pp farming by playing every single set currently ranked. Avalon is an Inner Oni so it is harder, have more Star rating so it gives more pp.

When you have a lot of good plays in your list everyone will start giving you a lower amount of the raw amount of pp. For example, the last one of that list is valued in 159 and I just get the 49% of it.

So for example, if you have a 30 pp play in #2 of your top plays, it will give you a 95% of it only. Everytime you get a new top score, all the lower ones will give you less amount of pp so its hard to calculate how much you will recive most of the times. Looking at the amount of the play valued on % is usualy close enought.

When it comes to mania is exactly the same thing (just that combo doesnt really matter). Of course, if you play 7K you have more notes so its posible to create harder patterns and it will bring more Star Rating to the set so playing that particular keymode will -usualy- give you more amount of PP. Its always related to how hard the song is tho.

I hope this is useful for you and if you have any questions you can still ask them here. If you have no more questions please send me PM or a message in-game to lock this topic. Good luck playing!
-Maus-
just git gud
juankristal

Transformau5 wrote:

just git gud
Avoid necroposting please. And specialy in such a lame way like this. Locking the thread!