forum

Do you think there is an optimal sitting distance from PC?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
how far should I sit from my desktop?

The further away the easier it is to see the entire screen and so jumps?

what about seat height?

Do you sit forwards (leaning) or sit with your back firmly on the seat?

What is your 'sitting posture' for osu? Mine is left leg up on my chair bent in tuck position other on floor, so i kinda scrunch forwards, tis very comfortable until you have to stretch your leg out again...

much question, very ignorant, not wowe.
silento
Not really. Your sitting posture is much more important when it comes to osu.
winber1
far enough so that you can't play osu
chainpullz

winber1 wrote:

far enough so that you can't play osu
Qft
Endie-
Sit close enough so you can see the individual pixles on your monitor
I Give Up
Place face between oppai bg
deletemyaccount
shitposts aside, I personally do think there is; but it really isn't as big of deal (much like many other setups).

The way I see it, the distance you should sit from your pc depends on your monitor size/resolution; as long as you are able to comfortably see the whole playfield, you're probably sitting 'far enough'.
[Momo]
I find reading so much easyer when sitting very close ( Cs Go monitor range ) but songs seems so much slower when siting further back witch is great for dt and hr ... but thats just me
ithgyu
not too close, not too far, is the optimal sitting distance

/thread
chainpullz

II Jelli II wrote:

/thread
I'm sorry, but we use the metric system here. Could you give your answer in SI units?
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

/thread
I'm sorry, but we use the metric system here. Could you give your answer in SI units?
Between 1 planck length and 1 metre.
Deva
I wouldnt want my face to be 1 planck length from my screen :o
ithgyu
approximately between dank and spicy memes will be good enough
dung eater
Further away is better, but remember that the messages to you monitor and the light from monitor takes time to travel to your eyes so too far will give you noticeable delay. It's better for eyes.
I Give Up
Really just sit at comfortable distance it's just preference some players move their eyes a lot and some sit close and only move eyes a little bit. Also consider your resolution.
AshbeII

KukiMonster wrote:

Really just sit at comfortable distance it's just preference some players move their eyes a lot and some sit close and only move eyes a little bit. Also consider your resolution.
u got it wrong. u move eyes a lot when ur very close to the monitor and a tiny bit when u got some distance from it . ur eye can focus that 10 degree center angle or whatever number only, so if ur afar it will represent the entire monitor and if ur close it will be only a part of it so the strain will be bigger... unless ur peripheral view is next level dank then it's understandable
abraker
Optimal sitting distance can be such that the screen takes anywhere from 30 to 60 degrees of your vision depending on the task. For osu!, I recommend around 30 degrees.
Jellyfish McGub
just play more
Adder
a good player would play well with any given distance, maybe
Yuudachi-kun

Adder wrote:

a good player would play well with any given distance, maybe
Face against the screen
show more