forum

Tsunamaru - Daidai Genome

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
epiphronn
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 8:03:21 PM

Artist: Tsunamaru
Title: Daidai Genome
Tags: Orange Hatsune Miku Append Mezame-P Wakotsu-P
BPM: 135
Filesize: 5361kb
Play Time: 02:59
Difficulties Available:
  1. Advanced (2.62 stars, 212 notes)
  2. Another (4.4 stars, 502 notes)
  3. Hyper (3.54 stars, 327 notes)
Download: Tsunamaru - Daidai Genome
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
NEEDS MUCH MODDING

Difficulties:
  1. Beginner by no one yet but someone pls contact me if want
  2. Advanced by Me - Complete
  3. Hyper by Me - Complete
  4. Another by Me - Complete
> anyone wanna GD and/or hitsound for me?
> when advanced (normal) diff is labeled hard by website ;{
> yes, I know Hyper diff is a mess rn
BigEarsMau
Hi
M4M

First of all, I don't want to be mean, but in all honesty, the diffs are really, really far from being in a rankable state. Patterns are very unpleasing to look at and the spacing is all over the place, even in the easier diffs. Not forget to mention that there are a lot of problems regarding the metadata and the difficulty settings. I gotta tell you, this map needs a LOT of heavy fixin'

Sorry, but I can't mod this map properly because of how awkward the patterns play out and their placements. However, seeing you as a fairly new mapper, I can give you a couple of pointers for your map

[Metadata]
  1. If you haven't know already, ranked maps must have correct metadata information. Your map's current metadata is incorrect. The correct metadata is in the following (metadata taken from Lust's ranked mapset) :
    Artist : つなまる
    Romanised Artist : Tsunamaru
    Title : 橙ゲノム
    Romanised Title : Daidai Genome
    Tags : Tags are all over the place (they even conflicted with each diff). Delete all of them and try copy paste these instead : Orange Hatsune Miku Append Mezame-P Wakotsu-P
  2. For more info regarding metadata and difficulty setup, read this : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Song_Setup
[Advanced]
  1. I see your Advanced played out like a Normal diff, so I'll consider this as such
  2. Here are the basic settings for the diff :
    HP Drain Rate: 5 or below (usually 4 in most maps these days)
    Circle Size: 3 or 4
    Approach Rate: 5 or below
    Overall Difficulty: 5 or below (usually 4 in most maps these days)
  3. I highly recommend for you to read this : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Normal
[Hyper]
  1. Settings-wise, this diff is fine, but the patterns still plays awkward
  2. Please read this : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Hard
[Another]
  1. Alright, the diffs settings are really offputting in here. Judging from the general perspective, Insane diffs rarely uses OD 9, since it was too high for such a diff. OD 8 would be more preferable
  2. Read this : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Insane
I don't really have suggestions about the patterns, but they seemed to be always following the lyrics, which, in modern terms, boring, lacking any variety in the patterns and also awkward to play

Lastly, I highly recommend for you to take inspiration from recent ranked maps. Try to learn from them on what makes them very enjoyable to play and learn how the patterns were mapped. Plus, in this particular case, you definitely have to get inspiration from Lust's ranked mapset. It will definitely help you establish you own vision for your own set

If you want to ask questions, feel free to PM me or in-game chat if I'm online

Well, that's all from me. Hope this helps
Good luck :)
-Latias-
Hey there :D

First of all, as the previous user said, this is fairly awkard map and far from rankable standards. The patterns are very noticeable and needs a lot of work. I'll try to do my best ! Also, if you are having trouble timing you sliders/ circles you can edit the map in notepad , change the timeline zoom to 2.9

Advanced

00:12:517 Sliders 1 and 2 are too close to each other, space them out
00:16:073 Slider and circle 1,2,3 you can create a blanket here by changing the slider position and changing circle placement. If you need help with blankets, t/208596
00:32:073 ^^^
00:35:628 ^^^ 2,3,4
00:39:184 ^^^
00:42:740 Slider 3,4 are overlapping, space them out
00:43:628 ^^^ 4,5
00:50:295 can create a blanket here 2,3,4
00:57:406 ^^^
01:03:184 Sliders 1,2,3,4,5 are overlapping space them out
01:13:851 can create a blanket here 1,2,3
01:17:406 ^^^ 2,3,4
01:28:073 Sliders 1,2,3,4,5 space out
01:47:628 ^^^
01:51:406 create blanket
02:16:073 these jumps put them on top of each other, like 1 on 1 and 2 on 2
02:23:184 ^^^
02:30:295 space out 2,3
02:39:184 sliders 1,2,3,4,5 space out
02:51:628 ^^^ 3,4,5,6,1

I'll try to mod other difficulties at a later time ! This needs a lot of work, but you can do it ! PM me in game if you want more tips ! :D
Topic Starter
epiphronn
Thanks, I know this mapset is rather garbage right now, but I'll try to get this done one step at a time!

captainlatias wrote:

Hey there :D

First of all, as the previous user said, this is fairly awkard map and far from rankable standards. The patterns are very noticeable and needs a lot of work. I'll try to do my best ! Also, if you are having trouble timing you sliders/ circles you can edit the map in notepad , change the timeline zoom to 2.9

Advanced

00:12:517 Sliders 1 and 2 are too close to each other, space them out Fixed
00:16:073 Slider and circle 1,2,3 you can create a blanket here by changing the slider position and changing circle placement. If you need help with blankets, t/208596 I tried and changed all of these blanket ones, hopefully a bit better
00:32:073 ^^^ Edited
00:35:628 ^^^ 2,3,4 Edited
00:39:184 ^^^ Edited
00:42:740 Slider 3,4 are overlapping, space them out I have these overlapping b/c of the rhythm
00:43:628 ^^^ 4,5 ^^
00:50:295 can create a blanket here 2,3,4 Kept, didn't see a way to blanket really
00:57:406 ^^^ Edited
01:03:184 Sliders 1,2,3,4,5 are overlapping space them out I have these overlapping b/c of the rhythm
01:13:851 can create a blanket here 1,2,3 Edited
01:17:406 ^^^ 2,3,4 Edited
01:28:073 Sliders 1,2,3,4,5 space out I have these overlapping b/c of the rhythm
01:47:628 ^^^ ^^
01:51:406 create blanket ^^
02:16:073 these jumps put them on top of each other, like 1 on 1 and 2 on 2 Fixed
02:23:184 ^^^ Fixed
02:30:295 space out 2,3 I have these overlapping b/c of the rhythm
02:39:184 sliders 1,2,3,4,5 space out I have these overlapping b/c of the rhythm
02:51:628 ^^^ 3,4,5,6,1 ^^

I'll try to mod other difficulties at a later time ! This needs a lot of work, but you can do it ! PM me in game if you want more tips ! :D
Am I not supposed to overlap sliders for Normal diffs, lol? Thanks for mod btw
Topic Starter
epiphronn

BigEarsMau wrote:

Hi
M4M

First of all, I don't want to be mean, but in all honesty, the diffs are really, really far from being in a rankable state. Patterns are very unpleasing to look at and the spacing is all over the place, even in the easier diffs. Not forget to mention that there are a lot of problems regarding the metadata and the difficulty settings. I gotta tell you, this map needs a LOT of heavy fixin'

Sorry, but I can't mod this map properly because of how awkward the patterns play out and their placements. However, seeing you as a fairly new mapper, I can give you a couple of pointers for your map

[Metadata] Changed the Metadata, I think it's all correct now.
  1. If you haven't know already, ranked maps must have correct metadata information. Your map's current metadata is incorrect. The correct metadata is in the following (metadata taken from Lust's ranked mapset) :
    Artist : つなまる
    Romanised Artist : Tsunamaru
    Title : 橙ゲノム
    Romanised Title : Daidai Genome
    Tags : Tags are all over the place (they even conflicted with each diff). Delete all of them and try copy paste these instead : Orange Hatsune Miku Append Mezame-P Wakotsu-P
  2. For more info regarding metadata and difficulty setup, read this : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Song_Setup
[Advanced]Edited to: CS-3.5, AR-5, OD-5, HP-4
  1. I see your Advanced played out like a Normal diff, so I'll consider this as such
  2. Here are the basic settings for the diff :
    HP Drain Rate: 5 or below (usually 4 in most maps these days)
    Circle Size: 3 or 4
    Approach Rate: 5 or below
    Overall Difficulty: 5 or below (usually 4 in most maps these days)
  3. I highly recommend for you to read this : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Normal
[Hyper]Yeah this was the first diff I made for the map over three months ago when I first started mapping, hence it being utter shit.
  1. Settings-wise, this diff is fine, but the patterns still plays awkward
  2. Please read this : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Hard
[Another]Edited to: CS-4.2, AR-8.5, OD-8.5, HP-6
  1. Alright, the diffs settings are really offputting in here. Judging from the general perspective, Insane diffs rarely uses OD 9, since it was too high for such a diff. OD 8 would be more preferable
  2. Read this : https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Insane
I don't really have suggestions about the patterns, but they seemed to be always following the lyrics, which, in modern terms, boring, lacking any variety in the patterns and also awkward to play (I agree)

Lastly, I highly recommend for you to take inspiration from recent ranked maps. Try to learn from them on what makes them very enjoyable to play and learn how the patterns were mapped. Plus, in this particular case, you definitely have to get inspiration from Lust's ranked mapset. It will definitely help you establish you own vision for your own set

If you want to ask questions, feel free to PM me or in-game chat if I'm online

Well, that's all from me. Hope this helps
Good luck :)
Thanks, lol.

I wasn't really aware that there were standard settings I was supposed to use for each level, I kinda just picked which ones I wanted. Thanks for linking everything as well!
-Latias-
Also try to add Kiai time and hit sounds for all difficulty's. If you plan on getting this ranked you have to put both in !

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Kiai_Time

t/15407/start=45
Topic Starter
epiphronn

captainlatias wrote:

Also try to add Kiai time and hit sounds for all difficulty's. If you plan on getting this ranked you have to put both in !

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Kiai_Time

t/15407/start=45
I had no clue lmao
Agatsu
hallo

General

add a preview point at the same time for each difficulty (timing -> set current position as preview point)
turn off countdown for all difficulties (song setup -> design -> untick enable countdown)
if you want, you can add an easy difficulty

KIAI TIMEEEEEEE

byebye 8-)
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.