forum

osu! 2v2 Visual Novel Tournament 30k - 60k [Finals]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Electoz
Added a bracket, hope it's okay now.
If there's something that can be improved then don't please hesitate to suggest me.
EDIT : Also, the second mappool will be released right after the last match in group stage ends, it will be used until 24 April 2016.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Hey everyone, my internet has been lagging all day, not sure if I can get online in game. Plus, most refs are unavailable for the matches today.
So here's the worst case that might happen :
If there are no refs in your match today(keep checking on google sheet because I might be able to get some refs(?)), a team which is on the left side will have to create the room, invite your opponent by /invite command, and play the match. Both team must send me what the bans(including yours and your opponent) are and the mp link. This is the worst case scenario where you have to play without refs, really sorry for inconvenience.
I'll inform both teams around 10 minutes before the match time if I can't find a ref for your match. If the team on the left side doesn't create the room at the match time, the team on the right side will create the room and invite the other team. If it happens to be a forfeit, please pm me in the forum, and if you have any problems you should pm me also.
As I stated earlier, this is the worst case scenario where you don't have any refs in your match.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Stream will be up again this time : https://www.twitch.tv/dudemonke61
Astro
I made a tool to see the final group standing based on the results of tomorrows games.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Just copy the sheet and input the values you'd like to check out. I did it for me, figured I'd share.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Second mappool released, I'll release the schedule later.
SenorJustice
Lol wait River Flows In You isn't from a visual novel.

Edit: Then again a lot of them aren't. I suppose I didn't realize until now.
Topic Starter
Electoz

SenorJustice wrote:

Lol wait River Flows In You isn't from a visual novel.

Edit: Then again a lot of them aren't. I suppose I didn't realize until now.
I guess I screwed up
But the storyboard is still from a visual novel, I guess it's still fine this time as I can't really change anything now that I released the pool.
Also apart from River Flows in You I can confirm that all of them are from visual novels.
EDIT : The schedule has been released, this time you can reschedule on weekdays. If you have any problems with the schedule please pm me, thanks.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Guys looks like I messed up the bracket, pretty badly.
The schedules for this week will remain as-is, no changes had been made so don't worry.
However, the loser bracket will start from next week. And I made quite number of changes in loser bracket, so please recheck the bracket in doc.
Please be reminded that you need to lose twice before you actually being out of the tournament. If you lost this time, you still have your chance in loser bracket!
Really sorry for the mess I made here, really sorry.
EDIT : The matches will be best of 9, meaning that first to 5 wins.
Astro
Uh, is there a reason there's no dates on the schedule?

As selfish as it is, I only really care about the date and time of my match (ManlyItalooW2 vs SparkleSnorterz).
Topic Starter
Electoz
Uh, sry, I was busy lately, I'll get it done within 12 hours cuz I need to sleep now.
Kinda a lame excuse but yeah
[ Yui ]

Electoz wrote:

Uh, sry, I was busy lately, I'll get it done within 12 hours cuz I need to sleep now.
Kinda a lame excuse but yeah
Sleep for a solo organizer is a good thing :D
Topic Starter
Electoz
Ok, now I released the schedules for this week.
You will probably noticed that I removed the local times, this is because there are so many problems coming up with daylight summer time change so I removed them, unfortunately you will have to convert the times by yourselves from now on.
The matches will still be best of 9 (first to 5 wins) and we're using the same pool from last week.
If you have played on Saturday and you win, you will have to play on Sunday as well.
Rescheduling is allowed on weekdays for Sunday matches, Saturday matches can be rescheduled as long as it ends before the sunday matches.

If you have noticed anything wrong feel free to ask/tell me and good luck to everyone~
Topic Starter
Electoz
Stream is coming up : https://www.twitch.tv/dudemonke61
Also there will be some changes made to the losers bracket, but it won't have any schedule changes for this week so rest assured.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Anyways the changes in losers bracket won't be made that much due to some turn of events, here's the detail : http://puu.sh/ot7Ao/04362594ed.txt
Thanks everyone for today!
Topic Starter
Electoz
Alright then, the schedule for this week is done.
Similar to last week, if you're in losers bracket and if you win on Saturday then you have to play on Sunday as well.
For Saturday the matches will still be Best of 9 (First to 5 wins), and Sunday will be Best of 11(First to 6 wins).
We will be still using the same mappool as last week, however, the new pool will be used after this week for Finals.
Also if you're Potatomouse or Flying CrazyLeeshot and you're reading this, it would be preferable to get your match rescheduled before this weekend.
Rescheduling is allowed on weekdays for Sunday matches, Saturday matches can be rescheduled as long as it ends before the sunday matches.
Good luck to everyone~
Topic Starter
Electoz

Electoz wrote:

Also if you're Potatomouse or Flying CrazyLeeshot and you're reading this, it would be preferable to get your match rescheduled before this weekend.
Since the rescheduled match didn't happen, any team that has to play with 1 of these teams will get a forfeit win today. If you want to know about the details you can ask me in game.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Double post since it's important
As for the rescheduled match I mentioned above, the match can still happen but this time the loser will be out from the tournament, while the winner of this match will be sitting in "Loser of 401" spot in google sheet.
You got until next Friday to play this match or you will be out from the tournament.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Thanks everyone for today~
Just gonna say that I'll release a new pool a bit late, will be either late Monday or Tuesday.
A reschduled match from the earlier week will still using the second mappool, good luck to everyone~
Sporadik

Electoz wrote:

as long as your opponent finds your rank acceptable.
Manly Italoo too OP D: pp farmers ;-;

:D
Astro

Sporadik wrote:

Electoz wrote:

as long as your opponent finds your rank acceptable.
Manly Italoo too OP D: pp farmers ;-;

:D
From 30k to 22k in 9 days, ty based DT.

GGs man, both sets with y'all were fun! ^-^
Crihs
Pshh Astro and Hamwows, Dirty DT farmers pshh.
Sporadik
Tsk Tsk... dirty dirty farmers..:D

Goodluck with the next mappol though. It's gunna be long :D

Srsly: LONG, and with a special mapper in one of the maps
Astro

Sporadik wrote:

Wait WHAT. What's the new pool??? Has it been put up yet?
Topic Starter
Electoz
Last mappool and schedules for finals are released! Enjoy!
OrangeW

AstroCore wrote:

Sporadik wrote:

Wait WHAT. What's the new pool??? Has it been put up yet?
Yep!

Also 3 of us are now sub 30k. FeelsGoodMan
Sporadik

OrangeW wrote:

Yep!

Also 3 of us are now sub 30k. FeelsGoodMan

HAHAHAHAHA DAT 200pp jump. Still cant hr like me. :P :D

jk luv u <3
Crihs
Like every single map is at least 4 minutes long D:
Topic Starter
Electoz

Narwhallee wrote:

Like every single map is at least 4 minutes long D:
Well that's probably how visual novel songs work.
Either you have an opening which is 1:30 - 2:00 or a full size which is like 3:30 - 5:00
Topic Starter
Electoz
I'm here to inform that Flying CrazyLeeshot will be playing tomorrow due to lack of response from Potatomouse.
Topic Starter
Electoz
This week stream's link will be changed! You can access from here: https://www.twitch.tv/yuiosutourneys
Topic Starter
Electoz
Grand finals will be held on 8/5/2016 at 19:00 UTC! (Sparkle Snorterz vs ManlyItalooW2)
If you're interested in watching the game then feel free to tune in~!
Link: https://www.twitch.tv/yuiosutourneys
lightcoke
so... who won? :3
Sporadik

Tierra Azur wrote:

so... who won? :3
Hahahaha, I was also gonna ask that, the rescheduled match still has no results :)
Topic Starter
Electoz
Because the match keeps rescheduling over and over.
Grand finals will be held next week but I don't feel any motivation to make anyone setting up a stream for this tbh.
lightcoke
wow Electoz really sorry about it ;-;

already 2 weeks since the last match :o and still not Gran Finals.

Hype Got 2nd place then .-.
[ Yui ]

Electoz wrote:

Because the match keeps rescheduling over and over.
Grand finals will be held next week but I don't feel any motivation to make anyone setting up a stream for this tbh.
I got you Toast. Don't worry just give me the time it occurs and I will be up and have commentators there for the stream. <3
lightcoke
^^^^^^^
HYPE!!

"please be the day that the match is 100% sure"

:33
Astro
Sorry guys, exams caused the first reschedule and family issues caused the second one. :( It should happen this weekend though!
lightcoke
Soooo.....uh.... Who won? ;-;
Crihs

Tierra Azur wrote:

Soooo.....uh.... Who won? ;-;

Today my friend, I think .-.
show more