forum

osu! 2v2 Visual Novel Tournament 30k - 60k [Finals]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Electoz
Reschedule instructions, sorry for triple post but I was afraid that someone might not see the most recent post if I edited it.
  1. All matches on the fourth day will not be rescheduled in any case, you can reschedule other matches to this day but it has to be played before the last match in the schedule. The reason for this because I want the last matches in group stages to be done at the same time, so that will not affect players who will be in a "do-or-die" status after seeing their opponents' last matches.
  2. You need to contact your opponent (via forum/in-game pm, or just posting here is fine), you can reschedule your matches at any times as long as it's in weekends (doesn't need to be in UTC time) you can reschedule your match over weekends (e.g. rescheduling your match on the first day to the third, which is a week apart)
  3. After you done rescheduling with your opponent, pm to me and I'll change to your rescheduled time. Don't pm to me for a reschedule unless you have done rescheduling with your opponent.
  4. If you and your opponent can't reach a compromise, pm to me also, I'll try my best to solve everything. But don't get your hopes high, if it seems impossible to reschedule, then I will really have no choice but to take the originally scheduled time, sry for that.
  5. Also, if you wanted to complain about how I scheduled things up, do it. I'll take your suggestions/feedbacks for further experiences. And basically I can't find any other suitable times becase if that's the case then some teams might get to play really late(like, midnight or early morning) which I don't want to happen.
-Yukarii-
Hi ! about of the nationality , is only for North america and Europe (?)
-TobiKC
Well goodluck all participant !
Topic Starter
Electoz

-Yukarii- wrote:

Hi ! about of the nationality , is only for North america and Europe (?)
Nope, country doesn't matter at all.
Also, there will be some reschedules happening so make sure to check them daily, I'll point out later what changes I have made.
Treekii

BetaStar wrote:

Electoz wrote:

30k - 60k
/me sad :?
same

Good luck :)
Topic Starter
Electoz
^Thanks

Anyways, I'm here to announce that "ReChoke" and "RedLikeRoses" will be switching groups, from now on Rechoke will be in group A and RedLikeRoses will be in Group B, any reschedulings that have been made with ReChoke are now canceled, we will proceed with the original times.
Apart from this, there are no reschedules happening so far, if you want to reschedule, make sure to complete everything before 31/03/16 (0:00 UTC).
If nothing unexpected comes up, the schedules will be finalized by that time, please make sure to recheck everything.
Astro
I have two small questions!

1.) Does "31/03/16 0:00 UTC" mean the very end of Thursday, or the very start of Thursday?

2.) There's 4 people on my team. If neither Captain nor Co-Captain are online, will you try to message the third person? There's a chance the situation might happen lol.
Topic Starter
Electoz

AstroCore wrote:

I have two small questions!

1.) Does "31/03/16 0:00 UTC" mean the very end of Thursday, or the very start of Thursday?

2.) There's 4 people on my team. If neither Captain nor Co-Captain are online, will you try to message the third person? There's a chance the situation might happen lol.
1.At the start of Thursday, if you are still feeling unsure of the time, you can do it like this to ensure that you got it right.
2.Yes that will be probably the case.

Just a reminder : All local times in the schedule are based on your team's timezone, not for each individual. And UTC time is UTC+0 if you're wondering.
EDIT : I also made some changes in the google sheet. (Added a table for standings and added a referee for each matches.)
Topic Starter
Electoz
There are things I would like to mention :
  1. A team on the left side will have their warm-up pick first, and then a team on the right side will have it after.
  2. We will do the !roll after we finished the warm-ups. After the rolls we will proceed to the banning phase and then picking phase. We will do both phases by taking turns.
  3. A team with a lower roll will have to ban first, while a team with a higher roll will get to pick first.
  4. Please recheck whether the referee has picked the right maps, difficulties, and mods. (Yes referees do have mistakes sometimes)
  5. Be nice towards everyone!
The first match begins in less than a day, good luck to everyone~!
Deppyforce

Electoz wrote:

Please recheck whether the referee has picked the right maps, difficulties, and mods. (Yes referees do have mistakes sometimes)
its more often than 'sometimes' tbh

/me runs
RVMathew
Good luck with the tournament Electoz, and good luck to the players as well.

RVMathew
Florrow
is this going to be streamed by anyone ?
Topic Starter
Electoz
@Deppyforce : lol
@RVMathew : Thanks

Florrow wrote:

is this going to be streamed by anyone ?
Sorry, right now I can't find any streamer.
However, there's a 50-50 chance that I might be able to record some matches and upload it via youtube or something later.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Forfeit will be taken as 4-0 victory, I forgot to mention this, sry.
If you have any problems and you can't find me online please contact me via forum pm.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Sry for triple post.
You can't play a same mod twice. (e.g. if your team picked hd, your opponent can't pick hd map right away, they have to wait for another turn.
Really sry because I just realized this while still in a match lol.
EDIT : This applies to every mods, including NoMod as well.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Sorry for a sudden notice, but we have a stream now! Thanks to my friends~
https://www.twitch.tv/dudemonke61
Topic Starter
Electoz
Thanks everyone~!
Also, I'm really sorry to those teams that I had got the local time earlier by an hour, if your team had showed up an hour earlier please have your captain pm me and I'll move your local time forward by an hour. It would be best if you use the UTC time as a main reference.

Teams that I have moved a local time forward : (None yet) -- (Will edit this later)

EDIT : I'm here to inform you that Combobreakers have decided to resign from the tournament, all games remaining with Combobreakers will be canceled, the scores will be applied as 0-4 forfeit except a match vs Potatomouse.
EDIT 2 : I might not be able to stay for Group B matches due to inconsistency of my internet connection, sorry in advance, if you have any problem please send me a forum pm as I can answer to your problems on phone.
Astro
I have another question :p

So now that the tournament has started, is it OK if we go below 30k? The last tournament I participated in said that as long as you're in the rank range for your first match then all restrictions are off, but I didn't read anything about that in your posts.

Also, US 34 is listed as RedLikeRoses vs ReChoke, I believe it's supposed to be RedLikeRoses vs Sparkle Snorterz.
lightcoke
@AstroCore

I didn't understand your question.. ;-;
but I guess this can help you.
Here Electoz is talking about ranks. maybe this can help :3

Electoz wrote:

If you're not in 30k-60k range but you want to register, you can, but if your team has less than 2 person in the range by 25th March 00:00 UTC, your team will not be registered. That means your team will be registered as long as at least 2 person in the team has their ranks in the range by that time.
However, if you can't maintain your rank when your first match begins, you won't be allowed to play(as an individual) unless you get back into the range again. (e.g. : If your rank is #29,500 by the time of your first match, you will have to wait until your rank get above #30,000 in order to play again)

Of course if your first match has already begun then you're allowed to go above and below the rank I specified.
If it doesn't help you. Wait for Electoz to answer you Here. :D
Topic Starter
Electoz
Yeah that was dumb of me, thanks for pointing that lol.
Right now there are 2 cases.
1. Players who stayed in the range until the first match began, well it's almost everyone, you can have your ranks freely now, no restrictions anymore.
2. Players whose ranks is out of range at the time first match began, these players still need a permission from the opponent to play game-by-game, you can ask your opponent in advance but a ref will ask you one more time at a match time for confirmation, this still applies unless that player has got back into the range.
EDIT : I also noticed that I forgot to swap the local times for ReChoke and RedLikeRoses, really sorry for that one, anyways the utc time is still the same and if you spotted any mistake please report it to me immediately
Also, the rescheduling will be a bit lenient this time so you don't have to complete it before Thursday any more, but please make sure your opponent agreed on the rescheduled time.
Sporadik

Electoz wrote:

EDIT : I also noticed that I forgot to swap the local times for ReChoke and RedLikeRoses, really sorry for that one, anyways the utc time is still the same and if you spotted any mistake please report it to me immediately
Whooo, I was scared about that, I thought it was forced :lol:
Topic Starter
Electoz
After I spending hours on how to create a bracket for 12(currently 11) teams, I found out it's impossible.
I'm sorry to say but only top 4 teams from each group(8 in total) will advance to the double elimination stage, with all 8 teams starting from the winners bracket.
[ Yui ]
You can have it based on wins and losses, which looks ugly, but get everyone to play again. The top winners would get the byes and the others would get put in an earlier bracket. It helps people at least get a match or two in.
lightcoke
This can help. (my opinion you can edit)

I like the idea of [Yui]

US:

6 vs 3 (1 here)

5 vs 4 (2 here)

lets say 5 and 3 won

3 vs 1

5 vs 2

lets say 3 and 2 won

3 vs 2

final 3 won

In EU is different since there is a team that was register but now is not...

For me since it was register everytime they go vs them is a intant win.

so it will be the same.

3 and 2 plue 1 will be in the semifinals

first 5v4

since 3 is vs 6 is a intant win

so it will look like.

5 vs 4 (1 here)

none (2 and 3)

lets say 5 win

5 vs 1

3 vs 2 (now 3 can play)

and so on...

if you dont understand... i m sorry

replaying from phone :3

i hope this can help!!!
Astro
Oh hi Yui, crazy that you've been involved with both tournaments I've been in :p

So I actually run the Super Smash Brothers scene in my state. I'm very comfortable making brackets and the such, I typically use TioPro but I made a demonstration bracket in Challonge. Link:

http://challonge.com/osu2v2temp

I pretended like the group stage was over (I input dummy values). Click the tab 'Group Stage' to see final standings.

This bracket has top 2 in each pool moving on in winners, with bottom 4 in losers. You could make it top 3 in winners by playing out matches 8 and 6, and top 4 by also playing out matches 5 and 7. For the purpose of this explanation, just pretend it's only top 2 on winners side. Also, A-1 refers to "pool A, first place," B-3 is "pool B, third place," etc.

This bracket has A-1 vs B-2 and B-1 vs A-2 in winners. Losers is B-3 vs A-6, B-4 vs A-5, B-5 vs A-4, and B-6 vs A-3.

Of course Combo Breakers have forfeit so that make is a bye, but otherwise this is how the bracket should look. If you still only want an 8 man bracket then pretend B-3, B-4, A-3, and A-4 win their matches and bam, 8 man bracket.

I'd be willing to set up and/or run a legitimate Challonge bracket for you if you'd like.

Edit: Since you don't have admin access to this demo bracket you can't change anything, but I can literally put any team wherever I want.

Edit 2: forgot to mention. all the "reported" matches in the Final bracket are essentially byes. If you wanted everyone to come out on winners side then we'd play out those matches, but otherwise ignore them.
Xelias

AstroCore wrote:

Oh hi Yui, crazy that you've been involved with both tournaments I've been in :p

So I actually run the Super Smash Brothers scene in my state. I'm very comfortable making brackets and the such, I typically use TioPro but I made a demonstration bracket in Challonge. Link:

http://challonge.com/osu2v2temp

I pretended like the group stage was over (I input dummy values). Click the tab 'Group Stage' to see final standings.

This bracket has top 2 in each pool moving on in winners, with bottom 4 in losers. You could make it top 3 in winners by playing out matches 8 and 6, and top 4 by also playing out matches 5 and 7. For the purpose of this explanation, just pretend it's only top 2 on winners side. Also, A-1 refers to "pool A, first place," B-3 is "pool B, third place," etc.

This bracket has A-1 vs B-2 and B-1 vs A-2 in winners. Losers is B-3 vs A-6, B-4 vs A-5, B-5 vs A-4, and B-6 vs A-3.

Of course Combo Breakers have forfeit so that make is a bye, but otherwise this is how the bracket should look. If you still only want an 8 man bracket then pretend B-3, B-4, A-3, and A-4 win their matches and bam, 8 man bracket.

I'd be willing to set up and/or run a legitimate Challonge bracket for you if you'd like.

Edit: Since you don't have admin access to this demo bracket you can't change anything, but I can literally put any team wherever I want.

Edit 2: forgot to mention. all the "reported" matches in the Final bracket are essentially byes. If you wanted everyone to come out on winners side then we'd play out those matches, but otherwise ignore them.
This would work very well. However the moment u have no chance of getting that bye using calculations, u really don't have to try in any other games if ur a smartass, which could be flawed. And with Electoz's plan, all teams must play hard to qualify, but it reduces the amount of teams. My thoughts on this.

Also Electoz, I will be able to help you with staffing from now on if u still need it, please don't schedule me for stuff during our match though :D
Topic Starter
Electoz
Oh never really thought of that one, thanks everyone.
Anyways I'll put the format thing on hold and will see if I can come up with Astrocore's suggestion.
Astro

Si1entKiTTeh wrote:

This would work very well. However the moment u have no chance of getting that bye using calculations, u really don't have to try in any other games if ur a smartass, which could be flawed. And with Electoz's plan, all teams must play hard to qualify, but it reduces the amount of teams. My thoughts on this.

Also Electoz, I will be able to help you with staffing from now on if u still need it, please don't schedule me for stuff during our match though :D

Si1ent KiTTeh! You were also in Yui's tournament! I watched you murder Best FriendS on stream (in a good way).

Anyway, only the top two teams in each pool go to winners side, the motivation for everyone to keep trying hard even when they can't be first or second is seeding.

6th in your pool means you play the team who was 3rd in their pool, while 5th in your pool means you play the team who was 4th in the other pool. Even if you're 0-4, you still want to try fight for 5th place so that you'll have a better chance of winning in first round bracket.

Does all that make sense? I've been running (offline) tournaments for almost 2 years now so if you have any bracket related questions feel free to ask.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Added a bracket, hope it's okay now.
If there's something that can be improved then don't please hesitate to suggest me.
EDIT : Also, the second mappool will be released right after the last match in group stage ends, it will be used until 24 April 2016.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Hey everyone, my internet has been lagging all day, not sure if I can get online in game. Plus, most refs are unavailable for the matches today.
So here's the worst case that might happen :
If there are no refs in your match today(keep checking on google sheet because I might be able to get some refs(?)), a team which is on the left side will have to create the room, invite your opponent by /invite command, and play the match. Both team must send me what the bans(including yours and your opponent) are and the mp link. This is the worst case scenario where you have to play without refs, really sorry for inconvenience.
I'll inform both teams around 10 minutes before the match time if I can't find a ref for your match. If the team on the left side doesn't create the room at the match time, the team on the right side will create the room and invite the other team. If it happens to be a forfeit, please pm me in the forum, and if you have any problems you should pm me also.
As I stated earlier, this is the worst case scenario where you don't have any refs in your match.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Stream will be up again this time : https://www.twitch.tv/dudemonke61
Astro
I made a tool to see the final group standing based on the results of tomorrows games.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Just copy the sheet and input the values you'd like to check out. I did it for me, figured I'd share.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Second mappool released, I'll release the schedule later.
SenorJustice
Lol wait River Flows In You isn't from a visual novel.

Edit: Then again a lot of them aren't. I suppose I didn't realize until now.
Topic Starter
Electoz

SenorJustice wrote:

Lol wait River Flows In You isn't from a visual novel.

Edit: Then again a lot of them aren't. I suppose I didn't realize until now.
I guess I screwed up
But the storyboard is still from a visual novel, I guess it's still fine this time as I can't really change anything now that I released the pool.
Also apart from River Flows in You I can confirm that all of them are from visual novels.
EDIT : The schedule has been released, this time you can reschedule on weekdays. If you have any problems with the schedule please pm me, thanks.
Topic Starter
Electoz
Guys looks like I messed up the bracket, pretty badly.
The schedules for this week will remain as-is, no changes had been made so don't worry.
However, the loser bracket will start from next week. And I made quite number of changes in loser bracket, so please recheck the bracket in doc.
Please be reminded that you need to lose twice before you actually being out of the tournament. If you lost this time, you still have your chance in loser bracket!
Really sorry for the mess I made here, really sorry.
EDIT : The matches will be best of 9, meaning that first to 5 wins.
Astro
Uh, is there a reason there's no dates on the schedule?

As selfish as it is, I only really care about the date and time of my match (ManlyItalooW2 vs SparkleSnorterz).
Topic Starter
Electoz
Uh, sry, I was busy lately, I'll get it done within 12 hours cuz I need to sleep now.
Kinda a lame excuse but yeah
[ Yui ]

Electoz wrote:

Uh, sry, I was busy lately, I'll get it done within 12 hours cuz I need to sleep now.
Kinda a lame excuse but yeah
Sleep for a solo organizer is a good thing :D
Topic Starter
Electoz
Ok, now I released the schedules for this week.
You will probably noticed that I removed the local times, this is because there are so many problems coming up with daylight summer time change so I removed them, unfortunately you will have to convert the times by yourselves from now on.
The matches will still be best of 9 (first to 5 wins) and we're using the same pool from last week.
If you have played on Saturday and you win, you will have to play on Sunday as well.
Rescheduling is allowed on weekdays for Sunday matches, Saturday matches can be rescheduled as long as it ends before the sunday matches.

If you have noticed anything wrong feel free to ask/tell me and good luck to everyone~
show more