forum

osu! 2v2 Visual Novel Tournament 30k - 60k [Finals]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Electoz
Hi everyone, I always wanted to create a tournament and here's my first shot of doing this, I have to apologize in advance for further problems/inconveniences that might occur in the future, there are no prizes by the way, this tourney is mainly for experiences.

Basically, this is a Visual Novel Tournament, all maps in the mappool will have a source from visual novel(some might be an anime song, but it's still fine as long as the source is from a visual novel), you can scroll down for more details!.

Registration date : Now - 25 March 2016 (0:00 UTC) [Registration ended]
Group stage : 2-3 April 2016, 9-10 April 2016 [Group stage ended]
Double elimination stage : 16-17 April 2016, 23-24 April 2016, 30 April 2016, 1 May 2016, 6-7 May 2016

About streaming, really depends on chances, if you happens to be a streamer and you want to stream my tournament then please contact me for further details. Would be awesome to have one.

Schedules - Group Stage
  1. The format will be changed, the format now will be consisted of 2 groups with 6 teams each (12 teams in total) . Meaning that you have to play 5 matches in a group stage over 2 weekends. After this, all teams will be seeded in the double elimination stage depend on your performance in group stage.
  2. If you haven't change your timezone due to daylight saving time yet, you can pm me and give me your correct timezone for a change.
  3. You can reschedule the match as long as it on weekends (in UTC time) but you have to complete rescheduling before 00:00 UTC of each Thursday.
    1. All matches in day 4 (10/04/2016) will not be rescheduled in any case.
    2. More details about rescheduling can be found here
  4. Roster changes is not allowed from now on.
  5. Both teams those rescheduled must sent their pm to me before the specified time, if not, the match for both teams will be considered as forfeit for both sides. (However, this will be judged case-by-case mostly)
  6. You can access to schedule below. If you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask me via forum/in-game pm.
    1. Players those highlighted in bold means that they're not in the range, yet. However, you can still play in matches, as long as your opponent finds your rank acceptable. If you're highlighted and you have got back in to the range, you can pm me and I'll take the bold out.
    2. I will not be responsible for getting times wrongly, I am a human and I can make mistakes, it is your responsibility to recheck the times/dates, timezones, matches, and everything in google sheet to confirm that everything went correctly, if you have spotted anything wrong, feel free to pm me for a change.
    3. In the sheet, "Match ID"s can help you finding your matches. Note that there will be a date specified above the table on each day.
    4. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Rules
  1. This is a tournament for 2v2 team tournament, map scoring is based on Score V1. And this is osu! standard mode.
  2. Rankings of each group are determined by sorting the results of each team's performance in the following priority:
    1. 2.1.Most matches won.
    2. 2.2.Have higher {(the number of maps won) - (the number of maps defeated)}.
    3. 2.3.Head-to-head results.
  3. At the time of the match, your team captain will be invited to the lobby, then captain will have to invite his/her team. If your captain is not available, vice-captain will be invited instead.
  4. The match can be delayed 10 minutes at maximum, if your team showed up later than that, you will be considered as lose by default.
  5. 1 warm-up map per team, song's length must be less than 5 minutes. Then we will decide the banning/picking order by !roll.
  6. Each team will have 2 bans, for the group stage, the match will be best of 7. (first to 4 wins)
  7. You can't play a same mod twice. (e.g. if your team picked hd, your opponent can't pick hd map right away, they have to wait for another turn.
  8. Unexpected circumstances such as disconnection will be up to referee's discretion, depends on situations.
  9. Exchanging players during a match is allowed.
  10. The mod will be forced on every players on hidden, hardrock and doubletime picks. At least one player is required to use either hidden or hardrock on freemod picks.
  11. Tiebreaker will be considered as freemod with no forced mods needed.
  12. Any inappropriate behavior may result in penalties or disqualification.
  13. Electoz's judgement will be considered as final.

Mappool
  1. Mappool for group stage will be released one week before the end of registration phase(or earlier if all slots are full)
  2. A mappool consists of 6 nomods, a tiebreaker, 3 hidden, hardrock, doubletime and freemod (19 in total), we will be using 3 pools throughout the tournament.
  3. For those who are wondering, there are only a small number of short opening/ending maps in the mappool, compared to the rest.

Staff
  1. Organizer : Electoz
  2. Mappool : Electoz
  3. Referees : [ Yui ] Deppyforce Electoz HorizonAngel Lidux-sama
    If you want to apply as a staff or referee, please contact me via forum pm, please be aware that you can't participate in the tournament if you're a staff.

If you have any problems or questions, please contact me via forum pm.
Alright then, good luck~!
Topic Starter
Electoz
Mappool - Group stage
All of the maps will be listed in a following format : [Artist - Title - Creator - Difficulty] - [Source]
All sources are confirmed by the visual novel database, you can download the mappack below.

NoMod
  1. Annabel - Signal Graph (Rizia) (Insane) - Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
  2. Duca - Kanransha ~Anohi to, Kinou to Kyou to Ashita to~ (Chirony) (Insane) - Meguru Kisetsu no Yakusoku to, Tsunaida Sono Te no Nukumori to
  3. Kasumigaoka Utaha (CV.Kayano Ai) - (Vocal) you (EvilElvis) (Matsuribayashi) - Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai
  4. Rakuen no Tsubasa (Asagi) (Insane) - Grisaia no Kajitsu
  5. nomico - Natsukoi Escalation (-Gamu-) (Insane) - ××× na Kanojo ga Inaka Seikatsu o Mankitsu Suru Himitsu no Houhou
  6. Yumeji Ruri - The answer BLOOD ~Senketsu no Michishirube~ (Short Ver.) (Star Stream) (S.S) - Sousouki Reginald
Hidden
  1. Chata - Harukaze Dance (Laurier) (Insane) - Motto Nee, Chanto Shiyou yo! Afterstory
  2. Sasaki Sayaka - Koi Saku Mirai (Tsukuyomi) (Insane) - Koi ga Saku Koro Sakura Doki
  3. zts - resurrectedreplayer (EvilElvis) (THE GREAT DETECTIVE) - Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru
HardRock
  1. Akiko Shikata - Ricordando Il Passato (Alarido) (Intense) - Umineko no Naku Koro ni
  2. Ayano Mashiro - ideal white (Modem) (Hard) - Fate/Stay Night
  3. Sakakibara Yui - Scarlet (Star Stream) (Hard) - Dracu-Riot!
DoubleTime
  1. KOTOKO - Sakuranbo Kiss ~Bakuhatsu Damo~n~ (banvi) (Hard) - Colorful Kiss ~12 ko no Mune Kyun!~
  2. Nakae Mitsuki - Pure Love, True Love (El Solarbeam) (Ts8z's Hard) - Lovely Quest
  3. Ookuma Kenichi - Season Passage (Lanturn) (Hard) - Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete Snow Presents
FreeMod
  1. Ayumi. - Hanagoyomi short version (Lavender) (yf's Insane) - Hana no No ni Saku Utakata no
  2. Hana - Sakura no Uta (Alyce) (Lecana's Insane) - Sakura no Uta -Sakura no Mori no Ue o Mau-
  3. Rita - Alea jacta est! (DELis) (Insane) - Katahane
Tiebreaker
  1. Ceui - Shinai Naru Sekai e (Shad0w1and) (To My Beloved World) - Aiyoku no Eustia
Mappack can be downloaded here
Instructions for mappack :
  1. Extract the file, and then put all of them in your osu!'s song folder.
  2. Please note that the maps in the pack are consisted of only a difficulty used in the mappool, if you wish to play the other diffs, you have to re-download the song manually.
  3. It is recommended to recheck the maps even after you downloaded the pack.

Mappool - Double elimination stage
All of the maps will be listed in a following format : [Artist - Title - Creator - Difficulty] - [Source]
All sources are confirmed by the visual novel database, you can download the mappack below.

NoMod
  1. Aoi Eir - Lament (CXu) (Insane) - Fate/Zero
  2. Ceui - COLORFUL DAYS!! (Laurier) (Insane) - Irotoridori no Hikari
  3. Okui Masami - FISSION (-Asagi) (Insane) - Grisaia no Rakuen
  4. Rita - Aiiro (Fycho) (Insane) - Lovekami
  5. Shimotsuki Haruka - Re:Call (PinkHeart) (Re:Call) - Dekinai Watashi ga, Kurikaesu.
  6. solfa feat. Chata - Colorful precious life (Natsu) (Insane) - Koiimo SWEET☆DAYS
Hidden
  1. ave;new feat.Sakura Saori - Graceful Anomaly (Momochikun) (Insane) - Magical Charming!
  2. Duca - COLD BUTTERFLY (Zweib) (Melt's Insane) - Sei Shoujo ~Seido Ikusei Gakuen~
  3. Duca - Dreamer Short ver. (Tsukuyomi) (Deadline) - Koi Suru Kanojo no Bukiyou na Butai
HardRock
  1. Chata - Shiawase Gatari game ver. ([Teichan]) (Insane) - Clover Day's - You can download it here
  2. Katakiri Rekka - Answer (bakabaka) (AngelHoney) - G-senjou no Maou
  3. Nakamura Eriko, Shimizu Ai, Aoba Ringo - Hoshikaze no Horoscope(#12 ver.) (Momochikun) (Light Insane) - Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi
DoubleTime
  1. Yiruma & Skullee - River Flows In You (A Love Note) (Andrea) (Hard) - Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to.
  2. Yoshida Mayumi - Zutto Kono Mama... (Mythol) (Hard) - Mashiro Iro Symphony
  3. zts - the executioner (-kevincela-) (Hard) - Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru
FreeMod
  1. Ceui - Asphodelus (Giralda) (Insane) - Aiyoku no Eustia - You can download it here
  2. Kawada Mami - Wings of Courage -Sora o Koete- (Tsukuyomi) (Insane) - Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
  3. supercell - Hoshi ga Matataku Konna Yoru ni ([Teichan]) (Sharlo's Insane) - Mahoutsukai no Yoru
Tiebreaker
  1. Rita - Blue Liner (Gloria Guard) (Heaven) - Aozora Stripe
Mappack : here.
  2. Please note that the maps in the pack are consisted of only a difficulty used in the mappool, if you wish to play the other diffs, you have to re-download the song manually.

Mappool - Finals

NoMod
  1. Hana - MAJICK (Electoz) (Gaia's Angel Michiru) - Idol Mahou Shoujo Chiruchiru ☆ Michiru
  2. iojjj - Akui to Ai no Sukima no Puzzle (Okoratu) (Diplomatic Immunity) - Umineko no Naku Koro ni
  3. iojjj - Deus Ex Machina (Okoratu) (EXTRA) - Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru
  4. Ito Kanako - Amadeus (FrostXE) (Insane) - Steins;Gate 0
  5. Marika - Soul Release (El SolarBeam) (Liberation) - Hello Lady!
  6. Nitta Emi - White Eternity (Sellenite) (AstralAir) - AstralAir no Shiroki Towa
Hidden
  1. Hanatan - Kotoba Tsunagi (terametis) (Insane) - Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi
  2. Kicco - Lucky Monster (Shioi) (Insane) - Rensou Relation
  3. Nanjo Yoshino - Anata no Aishita Sekai (Chirony) (Insane) - Grisaia no Kajitsu
HardRock
  1. Duca - Hajimari Kioku (Meg) (ShiraKai's Insane) - Koi x Shin Ai Kanojo
  2. Mami Kawada - Sky is the limit (1 Chorus ver.) (BetaStar) (Kibbleru's Firmament) - Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm
  3. Shimotsuki Haruka - Kibou no Sora (PinkHeart) (imouto's Insane) - Kimi e Okuru, Sora no Hana
DoubleTime
  1. Marika - Knowing (osuplayer111) (cRyo's Insane) - Ore no Kanojo no Uraomote
  2. Satou Shizuku - Growing! (Nymph) (Gu's Hard) - Dracu-Riot!
  3. Suzuta Miyako - one's future (Full Ver.) (DJPop) (Insane) - Kud Wafter
FreeMod
  1. Marie - Clover Day's (sukiNathan) (hvick225's Insane) - Clover Day's
  2. Rita - Alicemagic ~TV animation ver.~ (Frostmourne) (Insane) - Little Busters!
  3. Sagara Kokoro - Hoshizora no Ima (Asphyxia) (Hinsvar's Insane) - Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi AA
Tiebreaker
  1. Hana - Sakura to Kotori (Giralda) (Serenity) - Himawari no Kyoukai to Nagai Natsuyasumi
Mappack : here
FastBoy
I have an enquiry.
which mode will the competitor play in the tournament :3?
Topic Starter
Electoz

FastBoy wrote:

I have an enquiry.
which mode will the competitor play in the tournament :3?
My bad, somehow I forgot one of the most important things. Thanks for reminding me lol.
And yes this is osu! standard mode.
Sidetail

Electoz wrote:

30k - 60k
/me sad :?
-TobiKC
Open for all country ?
-TobiKC
Team Name : FrozenTriX
Player #1 (Captain) : -TobiKC
Player #2 (Vice-Captain) : Tohka Yatogami
Player #3 : MidasCR
Player #4 : Izuna-tan
Time Zone : UTC+8
An1m3
I love this tournament idea. Anyone have an open spot in their team? :D
Topic Starter
Electoz

BetaStar wrote:

Electoz wrote:

30k - 60k
/me sad :?
/me cries

-TobiKC wrote:

Open for all country ?
Yes.

Feel free to post your "looking for a team/member" stuff here cuz I was afraid there won't be enough teams at the end of registration zzz
Topic Starter
Electoz
Alright, I'll change things up a bit. It had been a few days already, yet only one team registered.
And I think it's mainly because it's hard to find 4 people to team up, so I will change this into 2v2 instead, with 4 players maximum.
Feel free to find your teammates here and sign up!
Also if anyone's wondering, I already talked with Team FrozenTriX about this and they're fine with it.
Steffen
Me and KarimTheCat wants to participate :3/
Topic Starter
Electoz

Steffen wrote:

Me and KarimTheCat wants to participate :3/
Sure, give me your team name pls.
EDIT : Also your UTC timezone.
Ilker
Team 169bpm
1. Charge-Senpai [2nd Captain]
2. Toast-Desu [Captain]
3. [ Nightblade ]
Time Zone: CET+1
Captains will be decided in an epic battle tomorrow I'll edit this thread when were done.
Devil Raidou

An1m3 wrote:

I love this tournament idea. Anyone have an open spot in their team? :D
Me? :V
Devil Raidou
Someone let me join their team :V
Kwaachi
Team name : Team Forkmai-S
Player #1 (Captain) : Kwaachi (#42,025)
Player #2 (Vice-Captain) : xUBullet (#49,419)
Timezone(UTC) : utc-8:00

looking for two subs pm for tryout
Steffen
Ok, me and KarimTheCat's team name issss *drumroll*...... Potatomouse. We're both in UTC +1 timezone.
Topic Starter
Electoz
The mappool for group stage has been released, if you have any questions/feedbacks about the mappool then feel free to ask. The mappool for this group stage will be quite easy, so everyone can play it, you can also download the mappack, but the pack will only contain the difficulties used in the group stage, so if you want to play other difficulties then you have to re-download it again.
I also provided the source of each map, so if you're interested in the song you can look it up immediately, good luck to everyone and hope you enjoy my mappool!
rwenmax
Im rank 38,800 and i would need a team, hope i wont be alone
Sporadik
I need someone who can play just for fun, not really aiming at the #1 spot. :D
Oh yeah, and electoz, is there a star coverage? Like 4.5-4.9* or something like that?
hamwows
Sparkle Snorterz
Hamwows (31k)
Narwhallee(33k)
UTC-6
Topic Starter
Electoz

popski0123 wrote:

I need someone who can play just for fun, not really aiming at the #1 spot. :D
Oh yeah, and electoz, is there a star coverage? Like 4.5-4.9* or something like that?
Nope, well it has an approximate scale but it's not that fixed.
Star is one of the factors on how I picked the maps but not the biggest factor.
show more