forum

Osu!mania 3D?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,111
show more
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Bumped :(
SmoreJoy
Yes please! +20 stars +60 stars +74 stars
Danshi_old_1
YESYESYES I WAS GOING TO SUGGEST SOMETHING LIKE SOUND VORTEX!
I would add a million stars if I could but I have 0
+1,000,000 from me!
-Maus-
And what do you want to play with it, 3* maps?
abraker

Transformau5 wrote:

SDVX Maps, Transformau5. SDVX.... >.>
[ R i v e n ]
I dont have any ground to say much about this, because Im horrible at Mania but I think this would be really cool. :D
-Maus-

abraker wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

SDVX Maps, Transformau5. SDVX.... >.>
Afaik original SDVX patterns are not as dense as the mania ones though
abraker

Transformau5 wrote:

Afaik original SDVX patterns are not as dense as the mania ones though
So?
-Maus-
Stuff
It's still useless
VeilStar
Sounds neat.
I got bored.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds neat.
I got bored.
Wow, I never expected a video. The interface positioning looks really nice. Thank you for your effect into making that. :)
vitail
like kshoot
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Please.
Ted_the_red

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds neat.
I got bored.
that's pretty cool. just about how I imagined it would look. I would really look forward to this if it was implemented.
beaw
Question about this - Would the angle be able to be customized? For example, if we were looking at it from a side view...

__ [straight horizontal line] being 0° (though technically it's 180°) and |_ [an L-shaped 90° angle] being of course 90°.

So, if I wanted, I would be able to set my angle at 60° and have it look like ≈ \__

Even if this isn't the case, you've still got my support.
Rhonin
interesting idea, bumped because I don't have stars
Ayesha Altugle
It's very nice idea indeed.
damn shes 15
As someone who used to play with the Hallway mod on stepmania, I would love this feature lol. It gives way more reading room xD. Nice suggestion
Frolski
Even though I'm not osu!mania player, that's great idea.
[Kanzaki Ranko]

damn shes 15 wrote:

As someone who used to play with the Hallway mod on stepmania, I would love this feature lol. It gives way more reading room xD. Nice suggestion
Ideally it would start rendering notes at the same time it would render them vertically; no extra reading room here.

Anyway, take my 14 stars.
Valco
I think the game Deemo would be an appropriate analogy, video to explain below. I love this idea, and would really like to see it implemented as a feature in the future. A lot of players seem to agree that they are more comfortable with a style other than the totally vertical that we see now (not that we don't love osu!mania as it is now)

Arzenvald
meanwhile the old-retired osu!mania dev made vsrg game that having a toggle button for slanted & flat playfield like this kekekekek
i fully support this, fully great addition to play vsrg, and

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds neat.
I got bored.
epic @-@
LastExceed
I personally would NEVER play with an angle, but I do think that this is a valid request. I guess Abraker's idea was the best so far (determining an angle in the skin.ini)

Sry don't have any stars left, just spent them all on o!m mirror .-.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Bumped. :lol:
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Bump after 6 months.....
Luqanted
half-support. i dont think this a good idea tbh :'(
Caput Mortuum
Guitar hero, stepmania, almost all mobile vsrgs (can) use hallway scrolling. Maybe it's not really useful, but certainly not bad.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
I don't know about you, but for me it makes the notes much easier to read. It's because I am used to these types of games. It's just preference. It doesn't affect gameplay, so there's really no reason not to add it.
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Still waiting for this....
Nozorif
+1 support for this.

It's practically impossible to read the maps the way they are right now, so this would be a nice addition.
abraker

KG Zeptic wrote:

It's practically impossible to read the maps the way they are right now
I wouldn't say practically impossible since people do read them. When this will be added, it will serve as a visual mod which certain players get used much like the FL mod.
Lanes
bump bump bump please implement this. it is the only reason i dont play osu mania
Whulf
I support this, my friend could have used it when he first started playing
Topic Starter
_Decelerator
Implementing this might get me back into osu. It is getting harder for me to read the notes every time I play.
[LS]PositoniX
This is a wonderful idea to be honest. I migrated down to o!mania from a game that used 3D scrolling and I find it much easier then o!mania's straight down scrolling
SpeckyYT
All support by me
abraker

someday
-Akoto-
Would be noice man
epic man 2
ROBEATS IN OSUMANIA

Sure, we could use that if we really wanted.
Michifus

abraker wrote:

add a skin.ini option for how slanted you want the stage to be. 0 would be flat and 100 would be the max slant. Something like
stageSlant = 20

This, it really really would be nice if this would be implemented in the skin.ini, imagine all types of skinning and multiple ideas for osu!mania with this config. >_>
I support this
show more