Thanks for this useful mod !!
Noffy wrote:200+ sp o: Yales vs. Mirash, who'll be the winner?
Sorry for the delay \qvq/
- I know SV changes are generally discouraged in lower diffs like easy/normal/advanced, but the intro is so quiet that the sv not being lowered like in the higher difficulties feels.. off. I suggest having an inherited point at the start for like, .75sv, and have it change to 1.0 at 00:11:135 - . In normal, this would definitely not be deterimental to the player since there would be a spinner inbetween too. I get your point, but I'd really like to stay safe as much as possible for normal (the spread being kinda borderline). Even if a lower DS would make sense, I don't dislike the fast pace at the beginning, and I don't think it doesn't fit most likely because this is the first section introduced, so the player doesn't really know the overall speed of the map... I don't know if that's clear xd
- while the 10% volume in the intro works well for hitsounded objects, the ones without additions (primarily present in higher diffs) are really lacking in feedback, i.e. 00:04:981 (1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - here on top where every other object is difficult to hear. up to 15% I really don't want to make this too strong.
- If you're gonna put the diffname as "Polka's" you should really add "PolkaMocha" to tags (also you have Veridian in tags twice) Added,
and removed 1 Veridian, nice catch.
- 00:04:981 (1) - http://puu.sh/z91Pg/5e2e3195b5.jpg maybe set the points like this instead for smoothnesses \ovo/? kinda fixed I think.
- 00:31:750 (1,2) - Maybe make the same as 00:26:827 (7,1,2) - ? I feel that prior rhythm you used suits the song better o: I actually prefer the second one, because all diffs have a slider reverse at these melody parts. I feel it would kinda be boring to put only those in normal though.
- 00:33:289 (1,2,3,4,5) - cute! thanks
- 00:45:596 (2) - shorten by 1/1 to move 00:46:827 (1) - up to 00:46:519 - , that's where the more noteable sound is, and similar 1/2 reverses start at the same times (00:51:442 (1) - , 00:56:365 (1) - )
> suggested visual: part 1 , part 2 . makes sense, fixed as suggested.
- 00:04:673 - feels empty without a circle here when there's the audible piano, and it concludes the melody 00:03:750 (1,2,3) - follows. Suggestion: add circle.
- 00:22:212 (1) - the bump is so harsh it messes with the feeling of sv a bit, revise like http://puu.sh/z94Rx/29033e1078.jpg mayhap?
- 00:46:519 (1,2) - sssstack is offff I personally think it looks better like this though xd
- 01:38:519 (1) - should be extended to reverse at 01:38:750 - instead of 01:38:673 - , it's audibly different from 01:39:135 (2) - in speed of the piano, yet they're the same length, so the resulting rhythm vs. song sounds a bit off currently. Since it's a reverse, the 3/4 rhythm wouldn't be hard to play either. (also you did the 3/4 at 01:48:365 (1) - so...)
- 01:39:750 (1,2) - cute!!
- 00:12:827 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - really cool!!! gosh, finally someone who doesn't dislike overlapping pattern on purpose cool xddd thanks!!!
- 00:28:365 (1) - current wave is rather flat and sad, maybe make it an ittybitmore curvy? like: http://puu.sh/z95qi/7231b1a31e.jpg fixed
- 01:26:519 (1,1,1) - ultra cool!! (same for lunatic) thanks
- 01:40:981 (1) - 01:50:827 (1) - mmm.. weird/dissappointing this is the only diff that has these bits as a spinner, and the recovery. I think a rhythm like this http://puu.sh/z95xH/b404f99b71.jpg could fit as well, as the 1/4 gaps would reflect the non-stop nature of the instrument here, without having to have it as a spinner. fixed
\ovo/ no suggestions here
- 00:22:673 (2) - I didnt feel like this got as much emphasis as 00:22:212 (1) - did despite their mapping similar sounds. Mayhaps delete 00:22:827 (3) - and make 00:22:673 (2) - a reverse slider instead, so that you get cute repeat rhythm additional: this could help 00:22:981 (4) - stand out more rhythmically too. drums aside, there's kind of build up in the music from this part. That's what I'm trying to represent here.
- 00:32:212 (1,2,1,1,1,1,1) - while this part of the song is pretty intense, this pattern felt.. really weirdly hard relative to other parts of the map. it has 1/4 sliders like you use a lot, and high spacing between, yes, but the largely linear fashion just.. makes it really hard to hit, even in comparison to like 01:31:750 (1,2,3,4) - . I'd heavily suggest figuring out a way to revise this pattern :s I know it might be hard to hit, but I think it fits, and looks really cool, 4 diffs were made before to prevent this kind of pattern imo, I think it's fine for an extra.
- 00:43:135 - for this first part of the section, I dont see why you're mixing the regular spacing and the closer spacing for the paired 1/2 notes, like 00:43:750 (4,5,6,7) - vs. 00:44:981 (5,6,7,8) - , when starting at 00:48:058 - nearly all sets of 2 notes are paired with more spacing inbetween them. I think maybe it'd be cool if, for 00:43:135 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - you used the paired spacing more often, with the smaller 1.0 spacing between each set of two notes, so that when 00:48:058 - starts it feels more like a buildup since then it'd be mixing the more variable spacing in too? I feel the the first part is actually preparing the second. I tried your suggestion, but then I feel that the second part would lose its impact :c I did put as a double 00:43:750 (4,5) - to stay constant and it'd feel less surprising at the kick slider.
- 00:56:212 (7,8,1) - emhpasis felt off here, since 00:56:365 (8,1) - are loudest, but 00:56:212 (7,8) - get biggest spacing... >.< spacing isn't everything. 00:56:365 (8,1) - it's the most sharp angle flow-wise. the whole pattern your hand kinda do a circle, but suddenly has to go back up to catch that note.
Concluding notes: Fantastic set!! best of luck!!