forum

Poll 31: What contests would you like to see more of?

posted
Total Posts

What contests would you like to see more of?

Regular mapping contests
29.56%
Aspire mapping contests
28.22%
osu!idol competitions
17.78%
osu!fanart contests
24.44%
Total votes: 900
Polling ended
show more
Sonnyc
osu! needs more copyright free maps xD
HappyRocket88
osu!fanart contests

It was quite fun to see how the community draws things related to osu.
Toy
More of everything is always a good thing c:
RAMPAGE88

[Toy] wrote:

More of everything is always a good thing c:
Agree
Nathan
aspire pls
Natsu
Mapping contests \:D/
Weber
I wouldn't mind seeing beatmap contests where the community comes together to choose a song they want mapped.
gummimallow
aspire and fanart pls \o/
PyaKura
From top to bottom
Most wanted -> 'Least wanted' but still awesome to have

MBC, instead of having one for each mode / year I'd be glad to have 3 per mode / year, rotating between modes every month.

Aspire could be interesting, and I don't think the other modes apart from standard have got one of those.

FanArt contest because yeaaa

osu!idol, I can't sing but I do enjoy listening to our singers
troke
i would to see fan art contest again :D
Rilene
Aspire because hold sliders and slider-break patterns. :^)
Seijiro
Well, since I'm a mapper I would rather see more events in which I can take part, so either a MBC or an Aspire contest would be great (they're kinda equal imo, since both of them have their pros and their cons mapping-wise)
Yuzeyun
Let's get real, more aspire and for all modes.
WingSilent
Storyboard contests.
Haruto

NekoLumi wrote:

Storyboard contests.
yeah when.

i do choose Aspire, MBC and Fanart
seeing More Mapping Contests and Fanart contest in the Game is cool enough
especially aspire mapping contest, which can bring creativity into a beatmap :)
Pawsu
FANART CONTESTS. LET'S GO BOYS.
i'll do anything!
Catgirl
#1 vote was for fanart contests since it's been a long time, and it was always fun to look through the submissions for those and see all the talent in the community.

#2 vote was for more frequent beatmapping contests. Monthly might be too often, but if they cycled through all of the modes then you could have some of them overlapping. For example, a new one starting every month, but no two consecutive months being the same mode, leaving a month for submissions and the next month for judging.
Endaris
I didn't vote for osu!idol because it takes so long to get one round through and the interest hasn't been that great(not even 100 participants last time)
I think it's cooler as a yearly competition and I will totally do better in the next one!
Mapping contests could certainly be more frequently though.
Halfslashed
As a player, I'd like to see mappers let loose on Aspire mapping contests more often.
rhodesisland
Fanart Contests,please.
Sure,there isn't much to be drawn because it's a circle clicking game but I love to see how creative everyone can get.
Stefan

sukiNathan wrote:

aspire pls
Sieg
Fanart, there is more than enough regular and aspire style mapping around
[-obee58-]
i loved charles' Evanescent from the aspire contest, and i want to try making my own weird map :^)
Mahogany
Aspire seems like just the sort of thing I'd love to have
Mismagius
regular mapping contests with different prizes other than bundled maps
Aurele
what about t-shirt designs
Lust
a contest designed to showcase music from producers in the community

rewards can be anything and even play into the contest's theme (for example, a new osu! theme song, mapping contest song, etc)
MBomb
More regular beatmapping contests would be great, especially for other modes (Me being a mainly ctb mapper kinda makes me biased though xd), and I'd love to see more fanart contests for the community, even though I wouldn't be taking part in them, I know a lot of people that'd make some really good stuff.
snz
Regular mapping contests only. because let's see some good maps :D
WingSilent

NekoLumi wrote:

Storyboard contests.
For sure, this could be a great idea.
Ovoui
The aspire constest was the funniest imo
Rilene
Again, aspire contest.
Only one so far and it's really fun and rare chance to rank tricky (but playable) maps.

NekoLumi wrote:

NekoLumi wrote:

Storyboard contests.
For sure, this could be a great idea.
But... The beatmap itself? :<
7ambda
More aspire contests. You get to see what the community can really do when the ranking criteria doesn't restrict it. Plus, the song choice from the last aspire contest was better than most of the songs from the regular mapping contests.
Ayesha Altugle
Aspire. Let's see who can get shitmapping way too far. /s

To test the creativity of a user to make the map.
UtaXB
Regular and Aspire mapping contests for the win.

As I can sing (ish) Osu!idol would kinda be okay too, but it's not really the thing for Osu! in my opinion, and the same with art contests (even though my art is horrible), but again, not exactly the thing for Osu!
I think we should have a lot of mapping contests, since it can benefit the community a lot, with making more people want to make their own beatmaps etc.
Qiyana
I'd probably say osu!idol. I have a really really high goddess voice.

I don't have a mic however. :( :( :( :(

+500th post.
Topic Starter
Nyquill
Thanks to everyone who participated!