forum

Poll 31: What contests would you like to see more of?

posted
Total Posts

What contests would you like to see more of?

Regular mapping contests
29.56%
Aspire mapping contests
28.22%
osu!idol competitions
17.78%
osu!fanart contests
24.44%
Total votes: 900
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Nyquill
We want to know what kind of contests you would like to see more of! Select as many choices as you'd like, and don't be afraid to let us know specifically why you want to see more of the contests you chose in the thread.

In order to provide some context to each of the choices, here's a little description for each of them:

1. Mapping contests - Mappers from around the world submit their creations for an osu! licensed song. The maps go through a panel of judges consisting of mappers and modders in the team, and the winning map is then bundled with the client.
  2. Aspire mapping contests - A no holds barred contest where mappers give their best into mapping one difficulty.
  3. osu!idol competitions - A nail biting and dramatic battle between the vocal talents around the community!
  4. osu!fanart contests - Are you really good at drawing cute girls? Well, even if selling moe is not your choice of poison, the osu!fanart contest is a place for you to show off your osu!-related creations to the community in a theme based competition!
As usual, the results of the poll will be featured in the last weekly of the month!
Okoratu
more regular *m*bc and a repetition of the aspire contest, for sure
Underforest
I prefer more mapping contests or osu!fanart ones :D
Sonnyc
osu! needs more copyright free maps xD
HappyRocket88
osu!fanart contests

It was quite fun to see how the community draws things related to osu.
Toy
More of everything is always a good thing c:
RAMPAGE88

[Toy] wrote:

More of everything is always a good thing c:
Agree
Nathan
aspire pls
Natsu
Mapping contests \:D/
Weber
I wouldn't mind seeing beatmap contests where the community comes together to choose a song they want mapped.
gummimallow
aspire and fanart pls \o/
PyaKura
From top to bottom
Most wanted -> 'Least wanted' but still awesome to have

MBC, instead of having one for each mode / year I'd be glad to have 3 per mode / year, rotating between modes every month.

Aspire could be interesting, and I don't think the other modes apart from standard have got one of those.

FanArt contest because yeaaa

osu!idol, I can't sing but I do enjoy listening to our singers
troke
i would to see fan art contest again :D
Rilene
Aspire because hold sliders and slider-break patterns. :^)
Seijiro
Well, since I'm a mapper I would rather see more events in which I can take part, so either a MBC or an Aspire contest would be great (they're kinda equal imo, since both of them have their pros and their cons mapping-wise)
Yuzeyun
Let's get real, more aspire and for all modes.
WingSilent
Storyboard contests.
Haruto

NekoLumi wrote:

Storyboard contests.
yeah when.

i do choose Aspire, MBC and Fanart
seeing More Mapping Contests and Fanart contest in the Game is cool enough
especially aspire mapping contest, which can bring creativity into a beatmap :)
Pawsu
FANART CONTESTS. LET'S GO BOYS.
i'll do anything!
Catgirl
#1 vote was for fanart contests since it's been a long time, and it was always fun to look through the submissions for those and see all the talent in the community.

#2 vote was for more frequent beatmapping contests. Monthly might be too often, but if they cycled through all of the modes then you could have some of them overlapping. For example, a new one starting every month, but no two consecutive months being the same mode, leaving a month for submissions and the next month for judging.
show more