forum

Why does HR multiflies AR by 1.4x?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Adder
but not make AR 1.67x faster, its silly for HR to be capped at AR10 and OD10, if the map is AR OD HP 10 then itd be just a CS increase.
chainpullz

Adder wrote:

but not make AR 1.67x faster, its silly for HR to be capped at AR10 and OD10, if the map is AR OD HP 10 then itd be just a CS increase.
Easy solution, play DT.
Yuudachi-kun
Multi flies
winber1
imo OD10 and AR10 are a pretty good maximum for these variables. Any higher and it becomes pretty abnormally harsh. It would basically make most makes un-HR-able for even the "pros" as then they would have a hard time not only reading the notes at high AR but getting good accuracy as well. Essentially, this would probably kill HR as a mod for many of the current extra difficulties.

Of course you can bypass this with DT as chainpullz said, but this makes more sense with DT imo since you are increasing the BPM. Like people aren't ever going to DT 200 BPM jumpy/stream songs, but having this OD and AR increase as a barrier for lower BPM songs makes it less farmable and more skill reliant. Perhaps with the new pp system, i'm just spouting bullshit at this point, but capping HR seems to work with the game more.
Yuudachi-kun

winber1 wrote:

Like people aren't ever going to DT 200 BPM jumpy/stream songs,
He didn't say play well 8-)

bigfeh

Khelly wrote:

winber1 wrote:

Like people aren't ever going to DT 200 BPM jumpy/stream songs,
He didn't say play well 8-)

Bauxe
HR is capped at 10 because nothing exists above 10.
I Give Up
HR is hard enough.
The Gambler
Could've sworn smoogipooo made a 10.3/11 converter for normal maps.
Topic Starter
Adder

The Gambler wrote:

where? pls, i mean with no DT
Bauxe

Adder wrote:

The Gambler wrote:

where? pls, i mean with no DT
It obviously needs DT because no AR exists above 10.

But here: t/218783 it reduces the song's speed by 1/3 so DT makes it normal speed.
Jellyfish McGub
i like HR because it flips the notes :-)))))