forum

Switching fingers to stream better?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dannikins
So ever since starting osu I've always used my middle and ring finger for my taps. But I've never been good at streaming. Recently I tried switching it up a bit. Using my index and middle for my taps and my streams increased so much! I can now easily pass streams i'd originally fail and or get 100s and 50s on. Thing is I can control my index and middle finger better when tapping during streams. I'm really happy with that.

But the real issue is, my acc is going down. Because I'm not used to using my index finger for single taps. Yes my streams are better, but everything else falters. I feel like I'm going to have to build back up to where I was before because I got so used to my middle finger being the leader.
Should I actually just work on using my index finger for the sake of streaming and just improving with that or should I just stick to what I'm used to and work toward streaming with my middle and ring finger? I'm conflicted.
DeathHydra
What about using middle and index but use your middle finger as the main finger for singletap instead of index?
Topic Starter
Dannikins

DeathAdderz wrote:

What about using middle and index but use your middle finger as the main finger for singletap instead of index?
I've tried that, I guess I'm just being a baby about it it all feels too weird and I feel like it's halting my progression. But then again, it's also a good thing to experiment and may actually help me in the long run. It's just the conflicting feelings I get from it. Middle as my main and index as my sub felt really really weird. I guess it's how my hand lays on my desk. My fingers tend to curl up and when I double tap I have to think to put them in position LOL. it's not a natural feeling at all.
DeathHydra
Welp. Just my opinion, but I think you should use index. Streams are hard for some people, so you should use fingers that is better for streams. Jumps and acc are easier to practice compared to streams.

It's up to you, though. Just choose wisely and enjoy game.

Edit : I mistyped something. Hopefully no one noticed
Topic Starter
Dannikins
Streams have always been something I've been envious of.

Thanks DeathAdderz for your input btw
ThatUpSmash
i feel like finger nail length could be a problem too. if your nails are too long, during a stream your finger might slip off and kill the stream, or even the play.

but i'm unsure if it's reall that bad of a problem. i doubt it would be a large problem. but it's a possible concern
Drezi
Middle+ring is strictly inferior, so it's not a good idea to put time into that in the long run.

And before someone comes in to yell do what you like, it's preference, just play more etc. - not the case here, it's anatomy.