forum

Help with Singletapping

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Pobu
Ok I like the exercises but it still doesnt help me really in this situation. Some tips from people who are using this hand position?
Mahogany
My tip is to use your natural hand position instead of trying to copy good players
-Makishima S-
Ok I like the exercises but it still doesnt help me really in this situation.
While i have diagnosed RSI, difference for me went after like 2 weeks of constant exercises. Don't expect this to work straight away.
Topic Starter
Pobu
ok i will try with my old position. ty guys
Topic Starter
Pobu
nope i just cant play with my natural position its hurting quite a lot
Yuudachi-kun
People who hurt their hands playing osu confuse me. are you made out of glass?
Deva

Khelly wrote:

People who hurt their hands playing osu confuse me. are you made out of paper?
ftfy
Topic Starter
Pobu
not really. It just starts hurting when singletapping with middlefinger which slows it a bit down, makes it inaccurate after a while and my stamina isnt as high + i find singletapping with the index kinda faster. So yeah :D
Deva
Seriously, alternate.
Jellyfish McGub
play more
Topic Starter
Pobu
@Jellyfish so you think im gonna get used to this? Will my clicking speed increase with time with this position? I tried it out and my alternating is faster with my natural position. But as already said: my singletapping speed and stamina increase with this "thumb grip" and it doesnt hurt. So will i get used to it?
DeathHydra
You will literally get used to anything if you use it often. And don't take him seriously because he is a meme guy.

@topic : if you can't stand the pain when using middle finger, then don't use it. Health is more important.

Edit : I'm curious as to why your middle finger hurt when playing...
Topic Starter
Pobu
its the knuckle which is hurting. So how can i improve my speed streaming speed with this position? I also noticed that when i need to start alternating (streams, stacks etc) I sometimes just stop clicking for a small amount of time or start to click too late. Will that also go away? How can i practice it?
Yuudachi-kun
Yeah I also singletap by putting my hand into a fist and hitting the keys with my knuckle.
Topic Starter
Pobu
joint? idk man im not really good in english :D So what about the questions?
Mahogany
To get better play more
I Give Up
If knuckle is sore then probably you hit keys too hard.
DeathHydra
Try stream maps. Learn to stream with your new position
Dre-
this is a really dumb question let your finger heal dammit if it hurts stop playing the game its common sense at this point.
Deva
just alternate ffs
Jellyfish McGub
play more

once your fingers learn, they will do the rest of the work
Topic Starter
Pobu
i think kuki is right. atm i have a rubberdome keyboard and the "x;z;a;s;d and c" buttons are already pretty "used"
Topic Starter
Pobu
update: so im not seeing any improvements up to now i spent today at least 2-3 hours on beatmaps with a lot of streams
Mahogany
It'll take more than 3 hours of trying something to make any sort of judgement

Try maybe a week
Topic Starter
Pobu
been trying it for like 3 days already. so there should be a slight improvement
FreshSheet
Do you singletap with just your fingers moving or do you move your wrist and forearm a bit too?
I used to have the same tension in my knuckles and then I started tapping more with my arm and just the fingers and it relieved the tension. And the stretches in the channel Taiga suggested help especially with forearms and wrist tension that usually comes up when you tap like that.

Only difference I noticed is that it's more tiring at first but you get used to it. It does take a while to get used to anything though, especially something completely new
Sayorie
If it hurts, find a more comfortable position. If you find your new comfy position as weird, it probably means that you aren't used to that yet, which means play more. This is merely based upon my experience when I shifted from alternate to single tapping. I'll probably shift to alternate soon enough.
Topic Starter
Pobu
im singletapping with my arm / wrist (wrist when its a little slower and more relaxing)
I Give Up
I had same problem when I was using a squishy rubberdome keyboard. I had to press keys incredibly hard to get them to bounce back up in time to press them again. After 7 million key presses with this useless keyboard I finally got the mech. Took a month to get used to and recover from squishy rubberdome habbits but it was worth.
Topic Starter
Pobu
yeah im already thinking about getting a mech. Guess thats one more point for getting one :D
Topic Starter
Pobu
update i am noticing slight improvement now
Jellyfish McGub
make sure you get a red switch
Topic Starter
Pobu
i noticed that im almost starting almost everytime streams/stacks on my middle finger. It feels more natural. Is it good or bad? And should i get a corsair strafe or a quickfire tk?
Saphirshroom
Quickfire TK.
Or Quickfire XTi if you want the numpad
Topic Starter
Pobu
cant find them with cherry reds
Topic Starter
Pobu
so what should i do with the problem where i start streams / stacks with my middle finger. I noticed im a little inconsistent when starting with index and its hard to do multiple different stacks.
B1rd
A lot of players start streams with their alternate finger. So it's fine.
DeathHydra
There's no problem with always start streams with middle finger
Yuudachi-kun
I always start streams and triples with my index.

I found out though that I can singletap faster, longer, and aim better if I singletap with my middle.

I cannot start streams and triples with my middle. Trying to learn.

DON'T DO WHAT I DID OP
Jellyfish McGub

B1rd wrote:

A lot of players start streams with their alternate finger. So it's fine.
how does "a lot" compare to "the majority"?
show more