1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted
Just because you could see every objects doesn't mean you're able to sightread 6*..... It's not as easy as you think.
B/C is ゴミ even on od 9 it's still ゴミ.
posted
Horrible advice, guide to zero consistency, "look I can play 6 stars maps 80% C 8-)8-) "
posted
Is this serious? I'm genuinely asking
posted
It's dead serious look at his top ranks.
posted

Drezi wrote:

Yep I know but I'm asking about his advice. I mean, I'm a new player and I'm trying to improve my acc, speed and reading at same time. So, sometimes I play normal using mods, sometimes hard songs using hr and sometimes I just try to pass insane songs.

I don't know if I'm going in the right direction or maybe NF can help me. I'm enjoying the game trying reach a decent skill to play some songs that I Like but are just insane or extra.
posted
This made me upset

sadpwner wrote:

streams at lower difficulties rarely follow a rhythm because they are too slow
This made me even more upset
posted

Sheikah wrote:

Drezi wrote:

Yep I know but I'm asking about his advice. I mean, I'm a new player and I'm trying to improve my acc, speed and reading at same time. So, sometimes I play normal using mods, sometimes hard songs using hr and sometimes I just try to pass insane songs.

I don't know if I'm going in the right direction or maybe NF can help me. I'm enjoying the game trying reach a decent skill to play some songs that I Like but are just insane or extra.
Just progress through higher difficulties without mods and you'll do fine.

Unless you're playing maps with death bursts that can instantly kill you, which most usually can only be found on very difficult maps, you shouldn't need NF. If you think you need it in a certain map, then most likely it's too hard for you.
posted

sadpwner wrote:

Don’t play songs that are obviously beyond you
coughironycough

When you play long songs, you are wasting time
coughstaminacough

There is really no point of not having no fail on
coughing intensifies

Don’t play heavy streaming maps
Lung cancer intensifies

Disclaimer: I actually agree with one or two points, but the rest .... oh my
posted
posted

sadpwner wrote:

Don’t play songs that are obviously beyond you. You are wasting time. There are many songs which are your skill level. Play those.
posted
I guess this is a guide on how to look at the screen and randomly double tap while hoping you get good acc and call it rhythm when you just clicking by instinct which is pretty stupid later on.
Really, just play maps by AR (keep bpm in check) and learn to read them, don't jump straight into 6* as soon as you can, you'll just get inconsistent and won't learn other basic things that requires months of practice, like HR,DT,HD all of these mods help you a lot at ar8/9
posted
and people say /r/osugame is worse than GnR
posted
This advice changed my life. thankyou
posted
This topic makes me want to kill myself
posted
omg this is literally a collection of things to try to make G&R users mad i refuse to believe that it's an actual guide.
and no playing maps in the 70-90% acc range isn't the reason ;w;
posted
Looking at the response, this seems like a retarded advice. Won't even bother reading it.

Please enjoy game
posted
Come on guys, I specifically said I didn't think I was a good player, and I said I had a lot to learn. I posted advice and if it helps someone, it helps someone.

Nadfee wrote:

I also have to disagree on the Multiplayer part as it drives you to be better than the others, unless you already are a [i]weak person and cannot handle the pressure from better players (why even feel pressured?)
Did you even read why I said not to play MP? It's because you cannot play how you like. You can't pick the songs you want. You have to wait for others. You need to find players. Overall, you could just play SP and save all that time. I also mentioned how a majority of players host 4 stars making it difficulty to find maps outside those range.

Well, at least this is my point of view. I don't think you should've bothered writing this post and focus on yourself. I personally think its a waste of time because almost none will take advantage of what you are saying. Peace.
There are other guides on the forums as well. Are you going to go over there and say they're useless?

For the rest of what you said, I don't know what the hell you are going on about.

DeathAdderz wrote:

Looking at the response, this seems like a retarded advice. Won't even bother reading it.

Please enjoy game
That's subjective and so is my advice. I wrote disclaimers for a reason.

Momiji wrote:

omg this is literally a collection of things to try to make G&R users mad i refuse to believe that it's an actual guide.
and no playing maps in the 70-90% acc range isn't the reason ;w;
I didn't say it was a guide. I said it was advice. I even specified that some of them were mere preference.

Akatsukie wrote:

I guess this is a guide on how to look at the screen and randomly double tap while hoping you get good acc and call it rhythm when you just clicking by instinct which is pretty stupid later on.
Really, just play maps by AR (keep bpm in check) and learn to read them, don't jump straight into 6* as soon as you can, you'll just get inconsistent and won't learn other basic things that requires months of practice, like HR,DT,HD all of these mods help you a lot at ar8/9
Yeah, I admit my rhythm was absurdly off. I mentioned I was sight reading for a reason.

Saphirshroom wrote:

sadpwner wrote:

Don’t play songs that are obviously beyond you. You are wasting time. There are many songs which are your skill level. Play those.
lmao, I meant absurdly beyond your level like can't get pass the first 10 seconds. You won't improve if you don't challenge yourself.

N0thingSpecial wrote:

coughironycough

coughstaminacough

coughing intensifies

Lung cancer intensifies

Disclaimer: I actually agree with one or two points, but the rest .... oh my
Did you even read the reasoning behind why I suggested such?

Why must you play long songs to build stamania? You could play 2 short maps in succession and that's your long map.

Mind explaining why no fail is bad? Unless you are cookiezi tier, score means shit.

Arthraxium wrote:

Just progress through higher difficulties without mods and you'll do fine.

Unless you're playing maps with death bursts that can instantly kill you, which most usually can only be found on very difficult maps, you shouldn't need NF. If you think you need it in a certain map, then most likely it's too hard for you.
I have NF on all the time for the reason I stated. Idc what map it is. I believe life drain is artificial difficulty. The end score only matters. The only reason to have NF on is so you can't skip the hard parts of the song. Though, you can generally tell which parts are hard.

Bence wrote:

This made me upset

This made me even more upset
Well, I don't often play heavy steam maps so my bad if I am wrong. I just found faster streams are much easier than slower ones. Perhaps the wording was wrong. I meant to say, they aren't timed well. This is just my experience while playing short maps. I'll remove it if you want since you seem to have more experience.

Drezi wrote:

Horrible advice, guide to zero consistency, "look I can play 6 stars maps 80% C 8-)8-) "

Drezi wrote:

lol was sight reading. I'll get an A 2morrow if you wish. Like I said, I don't play the same song pass 5 times so fc is rare 4 me.
posted
Omg this just keeps getting better
Do you have any advice for a 20k shitter on how to fc 7 star maps? I want to fc Image Material for example
posted
I feel so triggered and I can't tell exactly why.

posted
Nice 69 combo
show more