dont play

posted
Total Posts
55
show more
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

vsprite wrote:

since when is good advice a meme?

Kids these days rofl
it really isnt good advice. that being said, "playing more" really is the only way to get good. though just spurting out this meme every 3 seconds isnt going to make every new player a god. i mean this over time in that people are gonna make mistakes. there are questions that need answering and people who ask random questions on how to get better. the line has become so obscured due to these memes that there really is no point in saying anything else anymore. if someone does something wrong even though they were doing what they were told by "playing more", its their own fault right?

(and for all you people who still dont understand by now, that last sentence was sarcasm)
Sayorie
You can do research on how to do things correctly first, and posting here for questions should be the very last resort. Also, improvement doesn't come instantly. Advice and techniques are of no use without practice. It depends on your capability, and it may even take years. There is nothing wrong with "Play More".
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

Arthraxium wrote:

You can do research on how to do things correctly first, and posting here for questions should be the very last resort. Also, improvement doesn't come instantly. Advice and techniques are of no use without practice. It depends on your capability, and it may even take years. There is nothing wrong with "Play More".
is it okay for me to continue to play more if just complete maps with 70-80 percent and think that ive passed it without actually trying to improve that?
Sayorie

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

is it okay for me to continue to play more if just complete maps with 70-80 percent and think that ive passed it without actually trying to improve that?
Well that's your choice not to improve then.

rrtyui wrote:

Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

Arthraxium wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

is it okay for me to continue to play more if just complete maps with 70-80 percent and think that ive passed it without actually trying to improve that?
Well that's your choice not to improve then.

rrtyui wrote:

but some people dont understand this. how can you blame them when no one told them?
Sayorie

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

but some people dont understand this. how can you blame them when no one told them?
Your concept itself is already a global concern for a lot of issues. Think about it.

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

you dont have to play to have fun. look at the competitive scene of league of legends
$ $ $
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub
touche

thanks arthraxium for being the one person to actually wanted to talk. i don't know how much people are going to look into this, but everything that was said just strengthens one of the things that i was trying to explain, not that it matters at all because in the end this whole post will most definitely mean nothing. no matter how much the reader reads this, there is a very slim chance anything will change at all.

that isnt my problem though, people just aren't informed of anything around here

(hey look, italics. fancy)

ps: hey look, spoiler. fancy
Kunino Sagiri

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

*jellyfish noises*
Playing more is not a meme; consider getting that single fact stuck on your head before you leave this thread. What mistakes are you talking about? A player playing jump maps when he wants to get better at streaming? Or is it a player procrastinating at nomod when he actually wants to get better at HR? Or is it a player still continuing to play when his hands are already hurt? Or is it a player playing 220bpm streams when he can't even hit 200bpms properly?

All mistakes that you can make here in this game are pretty much solvable yourself even with a 2 digit IQ.
Yuudachi-kun

Arthraxium wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

is it okay for me to continue to play more if just complete maps with 70-80 percent and think that ive passed it without actually trying to improve that?
Well that's your choice not to improve then.

rrtyui wrote:

Rrtyui doesn't even speak proper english and if you look at that response in context of the question asked to him, it really doesn't mean much.
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

*jellyfish noises*
Playing more is not a meme; consider getting that single fact stuck on your head before you leave this thread. What mistakes are you talking about? A player playing jump maps when he wants to get better at streaming? Or is it a player procrastinating at nomod when he actually wants to get better at HR? Or is it a player still continuing to play when his hands are already hurt? Or is it a player playing 220bpm streams when he can't even hit 200bpms properly?

All mistakes that you can make here in this game are pretty much solvable yourself even with a 2 digit IQ.
sure. everything you said is true. and it also doesnt contradict anything that i said. (except for all problems being solvable yourself, which only time can tell, and i guess ill see what happens when it happens).

i would like to say that people spamming play more on 99% of threads definitely makes it a meme. and no, like i said before, the act of playing more is not a meme. what you said is still true.

also i really wish you wouldnt be so hostile ;-(
bigfeh

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

you're more dense than tungsten
lmao I'm a fan of this

Jellyfish McGub wrote:

vsprite wrote:

since when is good advice a meme?

Kids these days rofl
it really isnt good advice. that being said, "playing more" really is the only way to get good. though just spurting out this meme every 3 seconds isnt going to make every new player a god. i mean this over time in that people are gonna make mistakes. there are questions that need answering and people who ask random questions on how to get better. the line has become so obscured due to these memes that there really is no point in saying anything else anymore. if someone does something wrong even though they were doing what they were told by "playing more", its their own fault right?

(and for all you people who still dont understand by now, that last sentence was sarcasm)
I'm literally out of words right now. And for the people who've been around for a while, they've seen me and they know I got words. I've seen some shit, but your post... it's, it's something.

You're the thickest, slowest, most nonsensical fucking poster I've ever seen in those forums - and I do mean bar none (even philosofikal back when he kinda stupid). You have a little bit under 100 posts right now and I'm betting money they're all worthless.

After this post your IQ dropped from room temperature to one point above brain death. That's just how dumb it is. I mean I knew you were never the crunchiest chip in the bag but jesus christ, this is another level. Let's break this down:

You start off saying playing more really isn't good advice. Then in the next sentence, you say it's really the only way to get good. At this point in time I'm pretty sure your iq is not dissimilar to your shoe size. Let's continue however, for it gets much, much worse. Let's first take a look at the definition of the word advice:

advice
noun ad·vice \əd-ˈvīs\
1: recommendation regarding a decision or course of conduct; [...]
taken from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/advice

Advice doesn't make anyone better. We're recommending what will make them better (and what you said would make them better). Can you get that in your head? It's okay, I'll wait.

Continuing, you say "i mean this over time in that people are gonna make mistakes", which is a sentence that hurts my brain. The first half of it just doesn't make grammatical (or any) sense and then you state the obvious. Yes, "there are questions that need answering", but what the fuck does that even mean? People will ask questions every day and unless it's something really specific (e.g. "I fart whenever I'm playing, how to get better at not farting" - answer is not "play more") the answer's gonna be the same. There's no point in saying anything other than the answer, because when you ask a question, that's probably all you want.
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub
please stop calling me stupid when you dont even understand what im saying. (also it would probably be good if you werent so hostile) im surprised that even though you have been "around a while" that you dont even know the osu community

let me break it down for you, (insert passive-aggressive phrase here)

playing more - what people do when they want to get better.
"playing more" - a meme that is spammed on every single post on which anyone asks for help on anything at all relating to osu

if you continue to call me stupid and reply something as hostile as your previous posts, it will be because you dont understand the difference between a lifestyle and a meme that has become a lifestyle for how much it is spammed.

and good day to you too
ZenithPhantasm
You're too retarded to realize you are retarded.
DeathAdderz

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You're too retarded to realize you are retarded.
Actually do retards realize they are retarded?
Gumpy
I laughed, thanks fam.
Topic Starter
Jellyfish McGub

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You're too retarded to realize you are retarded.
very mature. i wont forget this
Yuudachi-kun
I think it's your avatar.
Momi
play more
ZenithPhantasm

DeathAdderz wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You're too retarded to realize you are retarded.
Actually do retards realize they are retarded?
Unfortunately no
chainpullz

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

You're too retarded to realize you are retarded.
Retards don't catch colds. ;)
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply