forum

[Editor] Move notes to the exact place after they're stacked

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin
well it happens many times but i don't find such a feature request....

the thing is:
when you use some stacked notes , in fact they start from the top left of the original place, if it's a stream, if it's long enough, then what...?

1. this is a common 1.6 SV + 1.0x DS placement

2. wow

don't say "you can move it with turn the distance snap off to a good place", that's how i (and many mappers as i know) deal with such problems, but what if people play this map with HR mod? (not joking, a map that has long streams don't mean it's not HRable, even 2012 is HRed by Cookiezi right?)
another common way to solve this now is put the notes one by one (with 0.1x distance spacing maybe), but it's not the exactly effect that "stack" shows.

my idea is: if we stack notes in the editor, they will move to the exact place after they're stacked, it's not hard i guess (calculated with how many notes stacked, Stack Leniency and OD/AR if i don't miss sth)
with this change mappers would be allowed to set a good (in fact perfect) spacing between the stream and "before stream note", not just guessing or testing where would they be.
and also, those streams won't turn weird with HR mod on.

opinions?

mm201
If a stack is long enough for it to make a significant gameplay difficulty difference using HardRock mod, ur doin' it horribly wrong.
Torran
Manual stacking is go?
mm201

soradg123 wrote:

Manual stacking is go? unrankable
Fix'd
Kitsunemimi
This might mess with the consistency of the Stack Leniency with the HardRock mod if the stacks change up... but... for these types of situations, I don't think it'll matter much.

It's a good idea alright, but I think that mapping the stacks might be a bit more confusing. Perhaps there should be a button for it in the menu bar up top, and it should only apply to stacks of notes 5 notes or more. However, since it just makes sure that the spacing remains consistent, I doubt it will have too much of an effect in the long run. Stacks are all widely accepted spacing exceptions, so the way they are right now is technically still fine. I still do the stack spacing corrections fairly often though, so +1 support from me.
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin

MetalMario201 wrote:

If a stack is long enough for it to make a significant gameplay difficulty difference using HardRock mod, ur doin' it horribly wrong.
just use the example to prove "placement change caused by stack" may cause reading problems, and while you're solving this it may cause new problem (a common spacing will change to a jump with HR on), i know how to map orz.
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin

MetalMario201 wrote:

soradg123 wrote:

Fix'd
joking? if i use 0.1x distance spacing to put a stream it's unrankable? weird.

@soradg123: i said...it's how some mappers solve the problem now.
Derekku

NatsumeRin wrote:

No, that's disabling stacking leniency and manually stacking notes. Also, please don't double post (use the edit button).
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin

Derekku wrote:

NatsumeRin wrote:

No, that's disabling stacking leniency. Also, please don't double post (use the edit button).
Manual stack is not disabling stack leniency, it's move the notes to the exact place manually, well, maybe i understand this wrong?
Sorry for the double post.
Zekira

MetalMario201 wrote:

soradg123 wrote:

Fix'd
You have got to be kidding me.
arien666

MetalMario201 wrote:

soradg123 wrote:

Fix'd
Then, what about Gens's maps orz?
RandomJibberish
Uh, why is manual stacking unrankable? I don't really see any problem with it

Also, I agree with this request so I can see accidental stack overlaps in the editor :P
Echo
You could make it show the stacked version only when you hover your mouse over a stack in the editor (maybe with a button pressed).
Derekku

Echo wrote:

You could make it show the stacked version only when you hover your mouse over a stack in the editor (maybe with a button pressed).
Something like that would be amazing.

Also: hey Echo, long time no see. oxo
Topic Starter
NatsumeRin

Echo wrote:

yes this idea need some improvement because someone mentioned inb4 that this stacking change may lead to uncomfortable when map stack notes, so a button to change it on/off would be awesome as i can think for now.