1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic
show more
posted

Yoeri wrote:

"Aim is just a click away"
uh
You literally can't click any circles without AIM. It is 99% impossible until a circle just happens to land on your static cursor.
posted
it's almost like osu! is about both aim and accuracy. crazy game I tell ya.
posted
osu is all about dem anime tiddy bg's
posted
Combo makes things exciting though, also really boring to see 1,000,000 score every where on each map scoreboard

also osu is unique because of the aim, the argument "be like other rhythm games" doesn't work, just play autopilot or something to make it the pure rhythm game you want
posted

Kitsunex wrote:

Combo makes things exciting though, also really boring to see 1,000,000 score every where on each map scoreboard

also osu is unique because of the aim, the argument "be like other rhythm games" doesn't work, just play autopilot or something to make it the pure rhythm game you want
Actually, mapping becomes almost entirely useless as you could just have stacks of notes and sliders or notes and sliders in straight line patterns for the entire map.

Oh wait, taiko's kind of like that.
posted
I do enjoy racking in dozens if not hundreds of millions of points on a single play, but it's not that big of a deal I guess.

You go to any rhythm game and it'll have a different mechanic involved. Like aim, it'll have something like tracking, memory, dancing, or some other shit in play, but we still call them rhythm games for being built around music. I can see why people stress to call osu! an aim game when the meta has pushed it to play that way for most people, but one can't disassociate the rhythm involved either way, even if the player is off a tenth of a second off 30% of the time.
posted
Well I don't want to call it an "aim game" because by definition the game is a rhythm game but it's when people say it's about rhythm is what grinds my gears because while it might be a rhythm GAME the primary skill required is still aim and not rhythm
posted
That's a fair point, but I see no reason to get hung up on changing its definition just to express how one-sided the mechanics may seem
posted
The discussion should not be a fight about who is able to define the status quo most accurately. What we have to ask ourselves is in what direction osu should be headed, and if the changes accomplish that.
The relevant questions are: What should be more important: aim or rhythm? And do the changes get us closer to our desired balance? Knowing where we currently stand is important to answer this, but it feels like too many people get distracted and miss out on the actually important parts.
posted
Honestly, I don't really care. I think the user should define what the game means to them on their own rather than measuring themselves against others through arbitrary standards. Thus, provided core gameplay mechanics remain the same and the game isn't horribly monetized, I find all these changes as unimportant. I'm comfortable with the way things are now and I'm sure I'll get comfortable with how they'll be in the future.

If you want the system to give you more recognition for better aim or accuracy, that's fine by me. It won't make a lick of difference to me.
posted

Khelly wrote:

Actually, mapping becomes almost entirely useless as you could just have stacks of notes and sliders or notes and sliders in straight line patterns for the entire map.

Oh wait, taiko's kind of like that.
made me reply
posted
yet you make your own thread for the sole purpose of crying and creating drama about people having opinions you don't like.
As i already said - having an opinion != crying that something is bad.
90% of this people what you call "have an opinion" just crying over "QQQQQQQQQQQQQ ScoreV2 bad, sliders bad.... blablabla, mommy welp".

I'm sick of these stupid popcorn memes where people imply that they are above the argument.
I still don't know what means "dank meme" or "meme" itself, dw.
At least i don't claim that "relax" is a proper way to prove your "tapping" problem when cognitive sense science proves that you are 100% wrong.

Mahogany wrote:

Yoeri wrote:

"Aim is just a click away"
uh


"rhythm"
Don't need any rhythm when have scripts, at least Axa is legit :).
posted

[Taiga] wrote:

As i already said - having an opinion != crying that something is bad.
90% of this people what you call "have an opinion" just crying over "QQQQQQQQQQQQQ ScoreV2 bad, sliders bad.... blablabla, mommy welp".
All the crying is going on in the OP of this thread. You think people shouldn't be mad that the game they've been playing for almost 10 years will be changed in a way they won't enjoy it anymore?

[Taiga] wrote:

At least i don't claim that "relax" is a proper way to prove your "tapping" problem when cognitive sense science proves that you are 100% wrong.
lmao, using word's like 'cognitive science' to try to obfuscate the argument which is you think streaming is about aim and not tapping

Instead of relax, I could use a stream macro to simulate how hard streams are to 'aim' when you have perfect tapping.
posted
You think people shouldn't be mad that the game they've been playing for almost 10 years will be changed in a way they won't enjoy it anymore?
I am curious how many this people have reasonable amount of hours played in Score V2 to support their position and how many are just sheeps who follow majority.
You could be supprised.
Same as why many OWC players agree and support Score V2 along side with players who enjoyed multi rooms on it and spent a lot of time with it.

lmao, using word's like 'cognitive science' to try to obfuscate the argument which is you think streaming is about aim and not tapping

Instead of relax, I could use a stream macro to simulate how hard streams are to 'aim' when you have perfect tapping.
Ye ye ye, keep dreaming budy. Apperently that i can FC Image material relax only while i cannot read ar10 is a "tapping" problem. Apperently even with relax if i start trying to tap into rhythm aim focus goes into shit and "magical relax ar10 reading" disappear is also "tapping problem".
Gosh, go to fuckin school before you start throwing theories from ass. Learn how brain analysis of sensory and motor signals works and how this translate into cognitive sensory focus. Put it into human body effort while playing osu and here it comes - bunch of logical explanation WHY relax is not a point to prove anything while for example hiterror bar while normal play is a right value. You are alone with yout shitty ass theory, sorry, nobody buy your bullshit since it's pure lack of knowledge.
posted
I could also find examples of how hard streams become to tap woth hard as fuck aim because b1rd cant understand how much of an impact aim has because hes not a very good streamer to begin with
posted
The stream aim debate v2 let's go

[Taiga] wrote:

I am curious how many this people have reasonable amount of hours played in Score V2 to support their position and how many are just sheeps who follow majority.
You could be supprised.
Same as why many OWC players agree and support Score V2 along side with players who enjoyed multi rooms on it and spent a lot of time with it.
Yeah because we really need to play it to see if we'll like it. Come on, stick your fott in the fire, you don't know if you'll like it till you try it :^)

Ye ye ye, keep dreaming budy. Apperently that i can FC Image material relax only while i cannot read ar10 is a "tapping" problem. Apperently even with relax if i start trying to tap into rhythm aim focus goes into shit and "magical relax ar10 reading" disappear is also "tapping problem".
Gosh, go to fuckin school before you start throwing theories from ass. Learn how brain analysis of sensory and motor signals works and how this translate into cognitive sensory focus. Put it into human body effort while playing osu and here it comes - bunch of logical explanation WHY relax is not a point to prove anything while for example hiterror bar while normal play is a right value. You are alone with yout shitty ass theory, sorry, nobody buy your bullshit since it's pure lack of knowledge.
Oh shit looks like I need to take a course in psychology so I have more authority when I'm arguing on the internet about a circle-clicking game :^)

Perhaps you should at least finish high school before you come on the internet because it's quite unpleasant dealing with angry kids like you all the time.

And I think you better tell me what 'my theory' is because I have no idea. Streaming with relax reduces the aim requirements less than it does with aim maps, which is why I used Freedom Dive relax FC to prove a point. Image Material doesn't even have any 1/4 sequences that are hard to aim so I'm not sure what point you're making with it.

Khelly wrote:

I could also find examples of how hard streams become to tap woth hard as fuck aim because b1rd cant understand how much of an impact aim has because hes not a very good streamer to begin with
"look at how big my pp is! look at how relevant it makes my opinion!"

I'm fairly good at aiming streams for my rank, more than enough to know what I'm talking about.

All these arguments from authority, smh tbh
posted
I like how you assume it's that kind of argument when I'm referring to your actual comments in the past about not being able to stream. Also the fact that you discount the aim aspect which tells me you have less relevant experience than you're trying to lead on about.

Smh

If you're going to bitch about "argument from authority" then why do you claim "I am good at streams for my rank"?

Pathetic since the first one is all about experience.
posted
Perhaps you should at least finish high school before you come on the internet because it's quite unpleasant dealing with angry kids like you all the time.
Which one of my university engineer titles diploma you want to see? Software engineering or Network Administration? I doubt you even finished mid grade school with your actual knowledge.

And I think you better tell me what 'my theory' is because I have no idea. Streaming with relax reduces the aim requirements less than it does with aim maps, which is why I used Freedom Dive relax FC to prove a point. Image Material doesn't even have any 1/4 sequences that are hard to aim so I'm not sure what point you're making with it.
Relax doesn't make a point since you prove nothing.
Deal with it.
By proven science knowledge while playing relax you use around 30% of your normal focus because brain don't need to compute signals from tapping hand, coordinate them with hearing sensory and give output to your body about movement. By science using only aim hand allows brain to put full focus on eye-hand coordination while transferring amount of focus from hearing-tapping coordination into first one which makes you read something what in normal stance you couldn't even touch.
Simple example:
Random player who cannot even touch properly FD4D have way higher chance to FC with relax.
Same goes for my Image Material - i can FC it relax only, i cannot aim it completely without relax despite being able to alternate it on autopilot - both doesn't prove shit.
Did i mention i can normaly play with ~95% acc Dead End AR10 bullshit with relax only but i cannot even read this without it? Mind to explain this to me mr. "i know everything about relax"?
posted

Khelly wrote:

I like how you assume it's that kind of argument when I'm referring to your actual comments in the past about not being able to stream. Also the fact that you discount the aim aspect which tells me you have less relevant experience than you're trying to lead on about.

Smh

If you're going to bitch about "argument from authority" then why do you claim "I am good at streams for my rank"?

Pathetic since the first one is all about experience.
'Because I don't come to the same conclusion as you I must have less relevant experience'

When I've been talking about streaming in the past, I've always been referring to tapping. Which is why I know how important tapping is. I don't know why you're trying to twist it around to make me sound like I'm arguing from authority when I stated that you don't need much skill to know what you're talking about. Don't get your knickers in a knot.

[Taiga] wrote:

Which one of my university engineer titles diploma you want to see? Software engineering or Network Administration? I doubt you even finished mid grade school with your actual knowledge.
Too bad they don't teach common sense or critical thinking at school.

[Taiga] wrote:

Relax doesn't make a point since you prove nothing.
Deal with it.
By proven science knowledge while playing relax you use around 30% of your normal focus because brain don't need to compute signals from tapping hand, coordinate them with hearing sensory and give output to your body about movement. By science using only aim hand allows brain to put full focus on eye-hand coordination while transferring amount of focus from hearing-tapping coordination into first one which makes you read something what in normal stance you couldn't even touch.
Simple example:
Random player who cannot even touch properly FD4D have way higher chance to FC with relax.
Same goes for my Image Material - i can FC it relax only, i cannot aim it completely without relax despite being able to alternate it on autopilot - both doesn't prove shit.
Did i mention i can normaly play with ~95% acc Dead End AR10 bullshit with relax only but i cannot even read this without it? Mind to explain this to me mr. "i know everything about relax"?
whoa, hold up on the projecting, I'm not the one saying 'because of my ultimate science knowledge acquired from my Network Administrator degree I can determine that you only use 32.463% of your brain when you are only using one hand as opposed to two."

And hold up on your strawmanning as well, I never said that relax was a perfectly good representation of aim. The point that I was trying to make was that aim = mainly aiming hand, streaming = mainly tapping hand. What is harder, relax Airman or autopilot Airman? What is harder, relax FD or autopilot FD? It proves something, so deal with it. Using both hands doesn't change the fact that one hand or another is still more important for certain maps. I never intended for that FC to be the central pillar of my argument or anything, but of course you must try and attack me from any angle you can get, which is why you go on with your big blocks on text pretending my argument is something it's not because my central point is actually right.
posted
The point that I was trying to make was that aim = mainly aiming hand, streaming = mainly tapping hand. What is harder, relax Airman or autopilot Airman? What is harder, relax FD or autopilot FD?
Both of them - relax and autopilot is way easier than nomod. Point denied.

It proves something, so deal with it. Using both hands doesn't change the fact that one hand or another is still more important for certain maps.
Wrong - using both hands makes general difference and require more focus and coordination than using "one hand + make it easy mod". Comparing this two things is plain stupid - point denied.

I never intended for that FC to be the central pillar of my argument or anything, but of course you must try and attack me from any angle you can get, which is why you go on with your big blocks on text pretending my argument is something it's not because my central point is actually right.
Your central point was constantly to prove that "if i can fc with relax, it must be tapping problem". Provide me scientific backup for your theory and i will even ask Peppy to post my apology in main site, until them - your theory is wrong. I already gave you scientific explanation why you are wrong. You keep avoiding it, i guess because you don't have valid argument against it.

Relax is made-for-fun and made-for-chillout mod which never should be used as any valid point to prove that "something is something". If you want to prove something like this - make it by science.

In this one case - aim vs tapping ==> relax vs autopilot vs nomod science is a big deal since the way the human brain works about the center of motion, vision and hearing makes big difference here.

Too bad they don't teach common sense or critical thinking at school.
But they force logical way of solving problems and looking at them from many different sites, choosing most trustworthy and following rules.
Sadly only university teaches this way of thinking.
show more
Please sign in to reply.