-Makishima S-
*putting gas into fire*

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/changelog?v=next

It's comming xD
Let the drama rise, go my minions, cry!
JamesHappy
B1rd

Wuxo wrote:

I don't really care. I usually play ctb or taiko, sometimes mania.
I don't play std that much.

I remember people getting passed with ppV2....
It should have never changed.
Lacrimae
oh boy the SALT

a moment of silence for the players with shit acc (like me)
balldoowell
What the fuck is scoreV2 and why should I care
piruchan
Obligatory people would get used to it after a while post.

To be honest, I don't care. Call me back when pp is removed.
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

B1rd wrote:

Wuxo wrote:

I don't really care. I usually play ctb or taiko, sometimes mania.
I don't play std that much.

I remember people getting passed with ppV2....
It should have never changed.
BURN

U r weakling

Drama not gut enuf, peppy pls release ScoreV2 already 8-)
-sev
waaa i cant acc sliders waa

change is bad waaa
The Gambler
Ppl haven't played enough osu! stream to know ppv2 is like... I personally have no problems with it at all, having played that as my intro to osu!
Mahogany

Kaienyuu wrote:

waaa i cant acc sliders waa

change is bad waaa
Change is only bad when the changes made are bad

Like this one
Yoeri
Why is it bad
FuZ
it's ok you'll only be sad for a week then you'll get used to it
Mahogany

Yoeri wrote:

Why is it bad
Because Score V2 feels awful to play
Bweh
Bence
scorev2 good
slider acc good
1mil cap bad
fite me
FuZ

Bence wrote:

scorev2 good
1mil cap bad
isn't scorev2 the fact that scores are capped to 1mil?
Bence
yes i like the new accuracy weighting but not the 1 mil cap
FuZ
i find the mania scoring system (1mil cap) easier/faster to understand than a scoring (still capped because of scorev2) that always change depending on the number of notes on the map tbh

of all type of scoring (std/ctb, taiko, mania) mania is my favorite, it's easy to understand and doesn't depends on combo

this game should be accuracy based, not combo based

i really liked watching the last owc because of this system, it's way more entertaining, having a random miss doesnt mean you're 100% out of the game
N0thingSpecial
Superiority complex much, yet again is off topic a place for me to shit post?
balldoowell
Shit I thought I was the only one that thought combo based gameplay was terrible.
Yoeri

Mahogany wrote:

Yoeri wrote:

Why is it bad
Because Score V2 feels awful to play
Knowing you fucked up a slider start and not being punished for it
Getting significantly better accuracy on a map but not getting a high score because combo

Yeah sure feels good man
B1rd

[Taiga] wrote:

/me sits in coach, takes popcorn and enjoy crybabes making drama over score v2 implementation.

- C'mon ppl, make it quality, so far you just cry and cry and cry, where is blood and hand-incidents?

//sarcasm

I really enjoy this times now, in GnR and reddit, all this peps complaining "how scoreV2 will kill mapping and shit".

Top fuckin kek mlg420
ayyyy lmfao
xXxXDDDDD
*panic laugh at another comment a'la "this is bad peppy pls no score v2 sliders bad QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ"*
I find it funny how you don't seem to realise how hypocritical and ironic this post is. You complain about people 'crying' about these changes in the appropriate thread, and yet you make your own thread for the sole purpose of crying and creating drama about people having opinions you don't like. I'm sick of these stupid popcorn memes where people imply that they are above the argument. Guess what, if you're so salty you have to make attacks at the people you don't like because their opinions bother you so much, then you are worse than them.

Mr Color wrote:

this is like the greatest op i've seen in a long ass time
Of course you would think so, If there's one thing I know about you is that you love exerting authority over people just for the sake of pissing them off.
Lacrimae

Yoeri wrote:

Getting significantly better accuracy on a map but not getting a high score because combo

Yeah sure feels good man
Mahogany

Yoeri wrote:

Yeah sure feels good man
Yeah, it does. Because osu is an aim game, so combo > accuracy.
And getting a 100 on a Score V2 slider feels awful, so yeah. Slider leniency is a great thing.
Yoeri
"Aim is just a click away"
uh
Railey2
click the circles to the aim
-sev

Railey2 wrote:

It was always stupid that we didn't need to care about acc on sliders
tbh fam
Mahogany

Yoeri wrote:

uh

"rhythm"
I Give Up
OP crying about other OP's crying about scorev2.

Am I crying about OP crying about other OP's crying about scorev2? ._.
B1rd

Mahogany wrote:

Yoeri wrote:

uh

"rhythm"
Axarious so pro at rhythm
Yuudachi-kun

Yoeri wrote:

uh
You literally can't click any circles without AIM. It is 99% impossible until a circle just happens to land on your static cursor.
GladiOol
it's almost like osu! is about both aim and accuracy. crazy game I tell ya.
-sev
osu is all about dem anime tiddy bg's
Kitsunex
Combo makes things exciting though, also really boring to see 1,000,000 score every where on each map scoreboard

also osu is unique because of the aim, the argument "be like other rhythm games" doesn't work, just play autopilot or something to make it the pure rhythm game you want
Yuudachi-kun

Kitsunex wrote:

Combo makes things exciting though, also really boring to see 1,000,000 score every where on each map scoreboard

also osu is unique because of the aim, the argument "be like other rhythm games" doesn't work, just play autopilot or something to make it the pure rhythm game you want
Actually, mapping becomes almost entirely useless as you could just have stacks of notes and sliders or notes and sliders in straight line patterns for the entire map.

Oh wait, taiko's kind of like that.
Bweh
I do enjoy racking in dozens if not hundreds of millions of points on a single play, but it's not that big of a deal I guess.

You go to any rhythm game and it'll have a different mechanic involved. Like aim, it'll have something like tracking, memory, dancing, or some other shit in play, but we still call them rhythm games for being built around music. I can see why people stress to call osu! an aim game when the meta has pushed it to play that way for most people, but one can't disassociate the rhythm involved either way, even if the player is off a tenth of a second off 30% of the time.
Mahogany
Well I don't want to call it an "aim game" because by definition the game is a rhythm game but it's when people say it's about rhythm is what grinds my gears because while it might be a rhythm GAME the primary skill required is still aim and not rhythm
Bweh
That's a fair point, but I see no reason to get hung up on changing its definition just to express how one-sided the mechanics may seem
Railey2
The discussion should not be a fight about who is able to define the status quo most accurately. What we have to ask ourselves is in what direction osu should be headed, and if the changes accomplish that.
The relevant questions are: What should be more important: aim or rhythm? And do the changes get us closer to our desired balance? Knowing where we currently stand is important to answer this, but it feels like too many people get distracted and miss out on the actually important parts.
Bweh
Honestly, I don't really care. I think the user should define what the game means to them on their own rather than measuring themselves against others through arbitrary standards. Thus, provided core gameplay mechanics remain the same and the game isn't horribly monetized, I find all these changes as unimportant. I'm comfortable with the way things are now and I'm sure I'll get comfortable with how they'll be in the future.

If you want the system to give you more recognition for better aim or accuracy, that's fine by me. It won't make a lick of difference to me.
show more