forum

ScoreV2 will probably be implemented in solo mode

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yolshka
On newly ranked maps, yes, eventually.

I'm a tiny little dissappointed, because i thought score v2 and the wiping would come alongside osu!next, but it looks It'll come way earlier than that.
Would've been cool though.
-Makishima S-
Wish it is.
B1rd
Hopefully never.
Endaris
Well, I'm positive that peppy is searching for a more wellrounded option.
If he didn't it wouldve got implemented already after all.
-Makishima S-
As i summed up already - there is a reason why pro players who was in OWC recommends in great majority Score V2 and support this idea.
There is a reason why people who played a lot multi on Score V2 and got just used to it recommend it.

There is also a reason why i see sheep-train complaining about score v2 with b1rd on it's head and his pathetic signature with dunno, maybe not even 10 hours of gameplay on it.

If peppy finds wellrounded way - its ok as far as he will keep accuracy and same OD for sliders like it is now for circles.
B1rd
yea I'm a sheep because I have my own opinion. Your thing on the OWC players is just a lie, there has been no consensus on whether they want Score v2 in single player, and the ones I've talked about it don't particularly like it.

the majority of people don't want Score v2 at all, and only 30% want it how it is now. Source: my poll.
Endie-
we shouldn't make assumptions on things we haven't really tried yet. Lets see and wait how this goes first before activating "caps lock mode" in spam emails to peppy.
B1rd
Stick your hand in a fire. you don't know if you'll like it until you've tried it, don't make assumptions!
Mahogany
And for the record, I > have < tried Score V2. It feels terrible to play.
-Makishima S-
Source: my poll.

According to your poor spelling, pool is fine in condition regreding Performance Points System but not scoring system.
From what i see you asked if pp system is fine.
Score V2 is a new scoring system, not new pp system.
Two very different things.
Your pool is irrevelant to Score V2.
kthxbai.

the majority of people
43% is not a majority
26% agree to release it under certain considitons
30% agree to release like it is now
43% vs 56% (30% + 26% counted as yes "if")

As i said - poor spelling...

yea I'm a sheep because I have my own opinion.
Like you "had an opinion" about streams where you ended up being a laughing stock 8-)
Sure m8 i r8 8/8
Endie-

B1rd wrote:

Stick your hand in a fire. you don't know if you'll like it until you've tried it, don't make assumptions!
Your comparing a scoring system to a fire? Hilarious. It's a change in a game; you're not going to burn your fucking hand off.
B1rd

[Taiga] wrote:

According to your poor spelling, pool is fine in condition regreding Performance Points System but not scoring system.
kthxbai.

the majority of people
43% is not a majority
Sorry I couldn't understand any of that, maybe if you learnt to spell I could understand you.

[Taiga] wrote:

Like you "had an opinion" about streams where you ended up being a laughing stock 8-)
Sure m8 i r8 8/8

Endie- wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Your comparing a scoring system to a fire? Hilarious. It's a change in a game; you're not going to burn your fucking hand off.
wow, it's almost like you already have sufficient information to make an accurate prediction of what will happen in both of these situations.
Endaris
Tbh, on the vast majority of maps, score v2 plays out perfectly fine.
It always felt wrong to hit in the 50 area and receive no punishment just cause it was a slider.
People found sufficient arguments why this hurts some maps so finding a tweak is kind of logical since there's no reason to rush.
I would doubt that most more experienced players who are against Score v2 are against making sliders relevant for accuracy in general.
N0thingSpecial

B1rd wrote:

the majority of people don't want Score v2 at all, and only 30% want it how it is now. Source: my poll.
43% isn't the moajority m8. Watch this to see why (watch till 1:37)
JappyBabes

[Taiga] wrote:

Source: my poll.

kthxbai.

the majority of people
43% is not a majority

As i said - poor spelling...

yea I'm a sheep because I have my own opinion.
Sure m8 i r8 8/8
Did you not get the memo? The only part of Score v2 that the top players have any sort of consensus on is the CONCEPT of slider accuracy. That's nothing to do with 'a new pp system'. Score v2 itself had an overwhelmingly negative reputation among top players with slider accuracy being the only positive. However, I've already shown on page 10 that no matter how you implement slider accuracy it will end up having side effects which are entirely dependent on the way in which you implement in (why I specifically said 'concept of slider accuracy' because opinions between the top will be split with what implementation of slider accuracy works best). peppy is nowhere to be seen on the topic of Score v2/slider accuracy - I'm half expecting it to be rolled out in a stealth update with no warning. Apparently it doesn't matter how many legitimate points are brought up because he has no presence. He's not responding or even showing an attempt of facilitating discussion. It gives a very bad impression.

p/4946955

You also believe that slider accuracy will fix a sizable number of map and this obviously is one of the reasons you support it except there's just one problem. Your claim is absolutely baseless. There is no evidence for it yet you believe in it and argue in favour of it. I could write more but chances are that it's lost on you since I've already said a lot of this before.

All public polls on this topic are completely useless. There are just far too many votes from people who can't be bothered to actually think about it but still think their 'opinion' is just as meaningful as anyone else. Honestly this kind of thing makes me want a rank restricted vote.
Drezi

[Taiga] wrote:

Sure m8 i r8 8/8
As far as I recall that's not the case at all, unless you decided not to read any posts besides the ones by your buddies, with you bunch acting all mighty because you've been the loudest and most vocal at the time.
dung eater
Fun things don't have to make sense. Arbitrary rules of a game everyone is used to can be a lot of fun. Changing the rules of an old game to change it to make more sense can ruin the fun of people used to it.
gregest
I still don't understand what's the point of 1mil scorecap IN SINGLEPLAYER
otoed1

CptBlackBird wrote:

I still don't understand what's the point of 1mil scorecap IN SINGLEPLAYER
What difference does it make where the score cap is ?
Mahogany
Because it makes sense in multiplayer due to the direct competitive nature, and making the game less snowbally and carry-able.

It serves absolutely no purpose in singleplayer because you get as many tries as you like and are playing for a leaderboard position.

The whole thing has had no thought put into it
otoed1
It doesn't make a difference tho. Every score can become proportionate to the others. Who cares if the cap is 1 mil or 1 bil. As long as the score cap isn't incredibly low it doesn't affect anything.
Mahogany
It very much makes a difference, because it's a useful tool to quickly and easily gauge the difference in skills in a heated multiplayer match. Nobody is trying to set any records, so the only performance that matters is the relative performance, which is well satisfied with the 1m score cap and its attached mechanics.

Meanwhile leaderboard scores are about playing absolutely perfectly, making misses far more punishing in longer maps, with no need for quick and immediate comparison. Getting a very high score is extremely satisfying to the player as their reward for playing perfectly for a long time. The player wants to feel awesome for doing so well, and a very high score is one of the best ways this is represented. They then feel awesome, because they've finally set the cool record score they wanted, with a score of 30 million points! That's much more satisfying than a lame, uniform, 1 million points.

But, overall, I'd agree. What difference does it make? Why is this being changed if it doesn't make a difference? It makes literally no sense. Other changes? I may disagree with them, but I can see the arguments for them. There's literally no reason to add a score cap to singleplayer.