forum

would HR help to fix shitmiss?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TMiracle
Hello guys, atm I'm at the point where I got 50+ 98% acc maps and all of them are not fc. I always shitmiss, all the time, even if I retry map 20 times and get 98%+ every single time consistently I still can't fc and it always happens in random places. After 20-30 times, with such consistency and acc it totally should get a fc - so something weird is going on and I don't know how to fix it.
Play more is obvious - but then again, if I can get it right after so many consistent high acc tries, there's something more than that involved.

I tried playing technical maps, with lots of weird patterns awkward placement and that boosted my reading and acc a lot - but did not help with shitmiss in any way.

Would HR help? I just tried adding HR on stuff I can't fc, but got good acc. It seems like I'm quite fine with AR, OD 10 ruins my acc really hard, but I guess if I get used to it, it would get much better (I haven't played HR before so I guess it's natural to suck at first).
So would playing HR accomplish anything or is it a waste of time?

Risa
I play HR alot and still shitmiss alot so afaik no
Mahogany
IF it does help, it'd mean your problem is in your reading and if you did decide to play AR10 then you'd fuck up your reading and have a hard time relearning it

So I don't think HR would help you too much right now.
chainpullz

Ezonie wrote:

I play HR alot and still shitmiss alot so afaik no
Same tbh. Check my top ranks if don't believe.
Topic Starter
TMiracle
the worst part is - there are some maps that I FC'ed several months ago with 90% acc.
Now I can get constant 98% acc on those maps - but can't fc even after 20 retries, not even once, like wtf.

HR was my last idea. Dunno what else to do, it might be some bad habit that I'm not aware off - everyone shitmisses, but definitely not that much.
timemon
just try to make sure you land on every notes and click on them. HR just raises the AR which might make it easier to read.
from my experience, I still shitmiss a lot after learning HR. randomly missing is just a bad habit.
Deva
i get anywhere from 5 to infinite 1 miss plays in one sitting so...play more
Topic Starter
TMiracle
Maybe I should forget fcing entirely and just move on to slightly harder maps and just try to reach 98% acc on them instead.
Deva
Or just step up your game and try to get 99%?
otoed1
Have you tried playing more? That seems like the logical solution on this forum. Moreover, if you're worried about missing, you're going to lose focus and miss. playmore and pls enjoy game.
vincaslt
It will not help. If you do want to improve your consistency, pay super small circles - CS7, so you learn some control. You can make custom difficulties for all your maps, and play them as a training, the settings I use, and Zinkon (also QonQuest uses them afaik) suggested to me were CS7 OD9 HP6 AR9. You can use map setting customizer (was somewhere in forums, just google it).

Also what helped me was playing difficult maps, that I would get ~90% acc on, but pass. Then those previous maps seemed a lot easier.
The Gambler

Mahogany wrote:

IF it does help, it'd mean your problem is in your reading and if you did decide to play AR10 then you'd fuck up your reading and have a hard time relearning it

So I don't think HR would help you too much right now.
I am a living testament of Mahogany's words... And no, it doesn't
silento
Reading and learning to play with high object density will solve your problem more than just slapping HR onto your songs. Shitmissing is something that is very highly correlated with reading.
chainpullz
Idk, 70% of my ranked play count is with HR, and like 20% with DT and I can read ar9 just fine.
Topic Starter
TMiracle

vincaslt wrote:

It will not help. If you do want to improve your consistency, pay super small circles - CS7, so you learn some control. You can make custom difficulties for all your maps, and play them as a training, the settings I use, and Zinkon (also QonQuest uses them afaik) suggested to me were CS7 OD9 HP6 AR9. You can use map setting customizer (was somewhere in forums, just google it).

Also what helped me was playing difficult maps, that I would get ~90% acc on, but pass. Then those previous maps seemed a lot easier.
Thanks a lot! I will try it out

EDIT: already tried it with your settings, and holy shit I suck lol, can barely get 80% on 4.5* XD
Gonna practice it for a while, maybe few weeks.
Mahogany

chainpullz wrote:

Idk, 70% of my ranked play count is with HR, and like 20% with DT and I can read ar9 just fine.
Meanwhile I can barely even play HR, but with my short time so far trying to learn it, my AR9 reading is already seriously suffering.
vsprite
play more