forum

About the ranking system

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shajirr
I just noticed one interesting thing about the ranking:

If you get a higher score with S result, it will overwrite your lower score SS result, resulting in lower pp gained.
pp is supposedly somehow should be a measure of your skill, so getting a lower pp for harder map (more mods) seems kinda weird.

Can somehow explain the logic behind this?
Mahogany
Because the higher score is the one stored on the server
I Give Up
Coz gaem stupid
Topic Starter
Shajirr
So, for example, if you have SS rank on the map, but with something like HR only,
you should leave it alone unless you think you can get SS with other mods too later,
since otherwise this will just overwrite your previous pp score for a lower one?
Deva
97% HR FC is worth more pp than no mod SS so nope
bigfeh

Mahogany wrote:

Because the higher score is the one stored on the server
did you even read the question
Mahogany

Shajirr wrote:

So, for example, if you have SS rank on the map, but with something like HR only,
you should leave it alone unless you think you can get SS with other mods too later,
since otherwise this will just overwrite your previous pp score for a lower one?
Depends on whether you think the score will be worth more

Like an OD7 map with SS you could probably actually get more from a 97% HR score or DT score

However avoid hidden like the plague though because the pp bonus from that is minimal compared to score bonus

bigfeh wrote:

did you even read the question
yea

OP asked for the logic behind why scores get replaced and I explained why because logically the higher score is the one that gets saved
abraker
Hasnt peppy fixed this problem a while back with the support for multiple scores being stored or something?
Seems like it didnt :\
Kunino Sagiri

Shajirr wrote:

If you get a higher score with S result, it will overwrite your lower score SS result, resulting in lower pp gained.
Which is harder, the mod play with non-existent acc or the nomodplay SS? It's not like you're in a high level play for these kinds of things to matter like some DT score not overwriting a high acc no mod score just because the acc/combo isn't good enough.
winber1

Shajirr wrote:

Can somehow explain the logic behind this?

KukiMonster wrote:

Coz gaem stupid
there is no logic
wasn't intended and never fixed
dung eater
my pp acts weird too
bigfeh

jaaakb wrote:

my pp acts weird too
pp just acts weird
timemon

HK_ wrote:

97% HR FC is worth more pp than no mod SS so nope
it's about 98% acc HR to beat 100% no mod (new maps are OD9 nowadays)
Yuudachi-kun

timemon wrote:

(new maps are OD9 nowadays)
I like that fact.
Minhtam

Shajirr wrote:

#StoryOfMyLife
Risa
Stop caring about pp and play the goddam game.

Or better still : just quit
chainpullz

Ezonie wrote:

I remember when you had decayed down into the 5 digits and I thought, holy shit, someone who cares less about pp than me. Then you farmed to like 6k and I started losing some respect. :P
Ohrami

chainpullz wrote:

Ezonie wrote:

I remember when you had decayed down into the 5 digits and I thought, holy shit, someone who cares less about pp than me. Then you farmed to like 6k and I started losing some respect. :P
it's hard to not gain pp if you are improving
chainpullz

Ohrami wrote:

it's hard to not gain pp if you are improving
Too many fun unrankeds and underweighted ranked maps to be played though.
Risa
I practiced tournament mappools and people pick farm maps in multi.
So rip
Yuudachi-kun
Multi is bad
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

Multi is bad
Kelly saying things I agree with? Shit, I didn't finish stocking my shelter yet.
Yuudachi-kun

chainpullz wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Multi is bad
Kelly saying things I agree with? Shit, I didn't finish stocking my shelter yet.

You always agree with me.

Besides with friends, multi with randoms isn't fun. I can't stand them as people, the opportunity cost of getting to know them well enough to decide if I would is too high, and you're stuck playing maps you probably don't want to play.
Risa
At least now if u use score v2 there's no need to worry that playing farm maps in multi will fill up your top plays with unneccesary stuffs
Yuudachi-kun

Ezonie wrote:

At least now if u use score v2 there's no need to worry that playing farm maps in multi will fill up your top plays with unneccesary stuffs

Worrying about playing or not playing X or Y maps in order to keep your top ranks "pure" shows that you care more about pp and the perception of it than others. Can't you just play without worrying about pp?
chainpullz

Khelly wrote:

You always agree with me.

Besides with friends, multi with randoms isn't fun. I can't stand them as people, the opportunity cost of getting to know them well enough to decide if I would is too high, and you're stuck playing maps you probably don't want to play.
Tfw I find better maps in like 5 minutes of grave digging than I usually get from an hour of multi. There's also always that guy who takes 5 minutes to dl a map because Internet is potato most places outside US.
Yuudachi-kun
Collections are nice and you should use them often 8-)
Topic Starter
Shajirr
Another observation, on some easy/normal map:

getting SS with HR gave around 12pp
then I add HD, get a higher score with A than my previous score with SS,
and instead of 12pp I now have 6, like, why?? shouldn't there be some kind of better correlation between score and pp systems?

On low maps this doesn't really matter, but if for example someone spent a lot of time getting SS on, say, hard/insane map, then tried to complete it with mods and get his pp score for it cut in half because of it... that would really suck
DeathHydra
Acc matters. It's just been this way from the start