forum

[Archived] Can't Alt-Tab

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Problem Details:

Alt-tabbing out of the game causes the game to stop rendering and go black. I tested this in release, beta, and cuttingedge. I also found this in performance.log, if it helps: http://pastebin.com/KeLJS4Mp
(I can't put the log in a spoiler because it sets off some security measure that blocks the post)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

*resists the urge to open microsoft paint and create a black bmp file the size of my screen*

osu! version: 20160227.4cuttingedge
non one c
Which OS?
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

NoNiC wrote:

Which OS?
Windows 10. I also don't think I mentioned this in the OP, but I don't encounter the problem in compatibility mode. I would use compatibility mode to get around this issue, but then I don't get the glorious fade out to desktop when I close the game. :P
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
I also encounter the problem when I use the Boss key and go back into osu!.
non one c
I know your issue but it just happened to me when I minimized osu! for 1+ hours.
Are you using other games or fullscreen programs while you keep osu! minimized?

Im playing CS:GO for example while osu! is minimized cause I listen to osu! Music.
After that the game is always black.

Or does this happen without waiting and doing other stuff?
SonOfAMedic
Do you use full screen or borderless window?
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

SonOfAMedic wrote:

Do you use full screen or borderless window?
Full screen. It doesn't happen with borderless, but borderless increases input latency and it sometimes freezes up my OS.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

NoNiC wrote:

I know your issue but it just happened to me when I minimized osu! for 1+ hours.
Are you using other games or fullscreen programs while you keep osu! minimized?

Im playing CS:GO for example while osu! is minimized cause I listen to osu! Music.
After that the game is always black.

Or does this happen without waiting and doing other stuff?
I tried closing everything and still have the problem. I even tried disabling Game DVR (Xbox app's version of Steam overlay) but that didn't work. I suspect the problem may be outdated display drivers. I tried to update the drivers but I encountered an error and had to uninstall the drivers. I won't be able to try again until this evening, though.
Recath
How to solve every windows problem: Turn off the computer.
Jokes aside, have you tried the windows-tab instead of alt-tab? Pretty sure that's still in windows 10.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

Recath wrote:

How to solve every windows problem: Turn off the computer.
Jokes aside, have you tried the windows-tab instead of alt-tab? Pretty sure that's still in windows 10.
Windows-Tab just opens Task View, which lets you open multiple desktop.
LigerZero
maybe Tab in keyboard error......
Maldenarus
I think it has something to do with the concurrent use of DirectX based Applications and Osu which runs OpenGL. I had this Problem with VLC a while back when i changed VLC to OGL rendering and then opened some DX based Game, VLC would just freeze up and close with an error. So if I had to guess i would point to some DX <-> OGL Hickups.