forum

Skipping frames?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Clappy
This is very frustrating... An extremely high end system skipping frames while playing osu even while not streaming...

http://www.twitch.tv/0clappie/v/51285692

This has rendered the game unplayable for quite some time now. Any help or suggestions?
ithgyu
probably need more info, like what your setup and setting are. You could also try the help forum
Topic Starter
Clappy
i7 6700k
980ti
16gb 2666mhz ddr4 ram

osu settings: stable(latest) - Ive tried fallback with no difference
idk what else would really matter in the osu settings
Deva
Maybe your HDD is dying. Changing it solved all problems with osu for me. All i can think of with just that info.
Topic Starter
Clappy
SOLVED: Checking compatibility mode gave me crisp butter smooth game play that i'm used to. Can a mod move this to the bug report/help forum please?

NOPE: stutter is back idk dude why is this happening?
Sayorie
Have you tried V-sync off?

Also is that Win7, 8, or 10?
Topic Starter
Clappy

Arthraxium wrote:

Have you tried V-sync off?

Also is that Win7, 8, or 10?
V-Sync is never on for any of my games.

Windows 10 Pro

Mobo: Asus z170-a
Sayorie
Well, I don't know much else if that's the case. My frametimes are pretty stable even with shit specs.

Well if you can afford a PC build like that, getting an SSD might help.
You can also check your graphics drivers and update them. If all else fails, go to the Help section. 5
Topic Starter
Clappy

Arthraxium wrote:

Well, I don't know much else if that's the case. My frametimes are pretty stable even with shit specs.

Well if you can afford a PC build like that, getting an SSD might help.
You can also check your graphics drivers and update them. If all else fails, go to the Help section. 5
Two Disk Drive Setup: Silicon Power S70 120gb SSD And A 2tb Hitachi Ultrastar... Graphics drivers are updated, I check out the forum there thank you.
Sayorie
I hope your issue gets fixed. Good luck!
timemon
try disable snaking sliders? I tried that and skipping frames are gone. I play on a crappy laptop, too.
Topic Starter
Clappy
After hours (half a day) of grueling research, it's windows defender and something called MsMpEng.exe... thanks microsoft...
Saphirshroom
This will most likely solve all your problems:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org
Topic Starter
Clappy

Saphirshroom wrote:

This will most likely solve all your problems:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org
Sadly linux will never take to get major support but trust me ive given linux distro's srs consideration... The desktop themes are on point. Unbuntu with a cinnamon environment - to die for
lolcubes
Use a frame limiter. If you have a 60hz or 120hz screen use 1200, else use 1440.

I have a similar system and I have to use limiters, cause when FPS is too high really weird things start happening, skipping frames included.
bigfeh
I'm not a fan of Linux. In fact, as far as desktop environments are concerned, the right choices are Windows and OSX. Sue me. Your problem is obviously not a hardware problem, so if it comes back just look at software instead.
Mahogany
B-but if you're using windows, you're supporting... *gasp* MICROSOFT

and that's terrible ):

bigfeh pls post more I have surpassed you
Saphirshroom

bigfeh wrote:

I'm not a fan of Linux. In fact, as far as desktop environments are concerned, the right choices are Windows and OSX. Sue me. Your problem is obviously not a hardware problem, so if it comes back just look at software instead.
There are so many Linux distros that I'm sure you could find an almost exact clone of Windows' desktop environment somewhere not that I would want that, does Windows 10 even have proper keyboard shortcuts yet?
Admittedly, Linux takes more work to set up if you do it for the first time. As such it's probably not suited for (some) parents :>
bigfeh

Mahogany wrote:

B-but if you're using windows, you're supporting... *gasp* MICROSOFT

and that's terrible ):

bigfeh pls post more I have surpassed you
quality > quantity

also microsoft isn't even bad, I might even hopefully be working for them in a couple years

Saphirshroom wrote:

bigfeh wrote:

There are so many Linux distros that I'm sure you could find an almost exact clone of Windows' desktop environment somewhere not that I would want that, does Windows 10 even have proper keyboard shortcuts yet?
Admittedly, Linux takes more work to set up if you do it for the first time. As such it's probably not suited for (some) parents :>
Yeah, an UI clone that doesn't run the shit you want it to. Remind me again, how is that at all useful? I prefer osx's desktop environment over windows' because the ux is amazing, and that doesn't mean that's the problem with linux. It's an os that would serve me precisely zero purpose

Don't get me wrong, I know how to use linux. I've done it in the past. I can do it if I have to. There's just no reason for me to go through the burden of doing it again.