forum

Heya, Lord_Inaire here

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lord_Inaire
Hello everyone,

I created my account about two years ago, played for a couple months and nearly forgot about the game.
I resumed playing last month, and I am now able to play on some 4 stars maps (passed my first 4* yesterday).
I am a keyboard and mouse player but I will soon trade my mouse for a tablet.

I really hope to get along with you all !

About me
I am French, twenty years old, and currently studying Computing Science in Scotland.
I forgot to ask my girlfriend to lend me her tablet before leaving for Scotland, that's why I am using a mouse instead. When I get back to France I will start playing with a tablet.
I have practiced several sports for a few years - handball, basketball and natation - but I stopped as I entered university.
I have been introduced to the japanese culture three years ago, during my last year of highschool. I started watching anime and gaining interest in visual novels and light novels at this moment.
I don't have any taste when it comes to music.

Trivial things:
- I like pizzas and fish and chips as much as I like playing Osu!.
- I was diamond on SC2 five years ago, but it seems that APM don't convert into BPM that easily.
- I am a member of the anime club of my university and... Their tastes are so bad it sometimes makes me want to puke...
- There are six empty bottles of beer to the left of my laptop.
Anime
I have started watching anime three years ago, but the pace at which I was watching it wasn't as high as it is now.
I tend to watch it objectively and to avoid shitty stuff as much as possible. Just because I find something completely botched or shallow doesn't mean I don't understand why some people might find it entertaining, don't get me wrong.
If you feel like taking a look at my MAL, here it is:
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Lord_Inaire
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lord_Inaire
I generally play maps that use songs from my favourites animes.

(Feel free to ask if there is more you'd want to know about me)
Kazutakee
Hi Lord_Inaire

Like your anime taste ;)
I hope to get along with you aswell. Feel free to PM me ingame if you feel like it.

Ill see you out there :)
Topic Starter
Lord_Inaire
Thank you for the warm welcome !
OskaRRRitoS
Now that is a quality introduction post! Hey, Lord_Inaire! It's good to see you come back to osu!. You'll find many people and otakus here that may have a similar taste in anime as you. I myself generally don't watch it, though I should :P
Tablet is surely easier to aim with, especially for me.
You may be surprised at the growth of the osu! fanbase. /r/osugame, livestreams and the sorts. Don't miss out on the memes such as Brain Power and COOKIEZI RETURNED OMGZzz!!!!1!11 That's my impression of the #osu chat in late November. Bancho crashed.
Anyway, that enough of this reply! Have fun clicking circles, watching pros and funding peppy's jet

And remember, don't chase skill, let skill come to you!
Topic Starter
Lord_Inaire
Well, thank you, I didn't want to just say "Hi" and leave. I plan to be participative in a few sections of the forum.
Yeah, I've been browsing the subreddit for a few weeks now, and 50% of the posts I've read there were dedicated to "xxx was unbanned, so why wasn't yyy as well ?". I'm not really aware of the stories behind all those dramas, and I don't really want to take sides in those.

Thank you !
Eloc
Welcome! Someone else who's watched boku no pico. If you ever want to play multi just send me a pm or msg me in-game if i'm online. Have fun on forums and in-game!
Annadine
o: wow I want to take computer science for GCSE as well, cool =w=
And scotland must've been cold owo
The last time I visit Glasgow, the wind is just uuuurhgjghh too strong
I guess welcome to the forums and enjoy osu!~
LegendaryTizona
Hello there and welcome to Osu and the forums! Hopefully you have a good time here!
I'm jealous by the way. I want to go to Scotland. That sounds great :)
Topic Starter
Lord_Inaire
Thank you all !

Eloc wrote:

Welcome! Someone else who's watched boku no pico.
Yeah, I watched it till the end. But I have to admit being noticed for that "achievement" first thing isn't quite rewarding, ah ah.

Annadine wrote:

o: wow I want to take computer science for GCSE as well, cool =w=
Computer Science is super fun when you're fond of maths !

Annadine wrote:

And scotland must've been cold owo
The last time I visit Glasgow, the wind is just uuuurhgjghh too strong

LegendaryTizona wrote:

I'm jealous by the way. I want to go to Scotland. That sounds great
Yeah, it is cold here. I live a bit to the South of Glasgow, but it is much more cold on the East coast.
-SayaKai
Welcome!
GSG95
Welcome to the circle hype culture, friend. Good luck with your studies by the way. I'll look forward to seeing you in the forums. But I'll usually just lurk since I only post in one spot :p
KokoaCrunch
Hewwo nice to meet you and welcome back!

Wow, never seen someone talked about him/herself so much in osu o.o, anyway keep improving on ur skillz in osu and I hope that u find the people in this community interesting. XD

Great anime taste btw :D
Topic Starter
Lord_Inaire
Thank you, people ! Looking forward having a good time with you all on the forums.