forum

Motivation

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1
What do you do to stay motivated? What do you do whan you're not?

Just wondering because a lot of people around me complain about motivation.
Rilene
nope
Endie-
I play with my friend Masaya. We challenge ourselves, and beat each others scores :3 Its fun when you push each other to the limit.
chaee
I don't. Fuck this game
Jordan
Motivate yourself through depression, frustration, self hate or whatever

It works most of the times

And once you'll have actually reached your goal you'll motivate yourself out of happiness and fullfilness

At least that's what I did.
Aomi

chaee wrote:

I don't. Fuck this game
It doesn't necessarily have to be about the game.
This is GD, after all.
Railey2

Jordan wrote:

And once you'll have actually reached your goal you'll motivate yourself out of happiness and fulfillment

why not scratch the depression, frustration and self hate and start out with happiness right away? According to you both work, so I wouldn't see a point in going through all the shit in the first place. Maybe just set other goals if that is what it takes to get motivated by happiness and fulfillment.

As for me, I don't really do anything. Motivation either comes to me or it doesn't. It is most helpful if you are able to do work even when you aren't motivated.
Jordan

Railey2 wrote:

Jordan wrote:

And once you'll have actually reached your goal you'll motivate yourself out of happiness and fulfillment

why not scratch the depression, frustration and self hate and start out with happiness right away?
you have never actually felt this way have you
TMiracle

Jordan wrote:

And once you'll have actually reached your goal you'll motivate yourself out of happiness and fullfilness

All this negativity is just an excuse to mask your imperfections and fears, it's nothing more than a completely unnecessary barrier created by your own mind.
All you do is basically create some kind of requirements for you to be happy, and if you don't reach them - you get depressed and eventually it becomes a vicious cycle and you end up falling to such things as self-hate and complete anxiety. You can be happy with everything you do - the process itself of going somewhere, trying something is more than enough to feel happy and fulfilled. After all, if you are not happy about what you do - how the hell are you going to achieve those goals and requirements in the first place?

And before you say: ''oh you guys don't understand, you haven't been there etc.'' - you have no clue what other people have been through. I've been through some really nasty stuff too and so were many others, probably everyone in fact.

Half of the posts in this forum I see are all negative and everyone's crying for no reason - stop making excuses, bashing yourself and just have fun instead, bring in some positive energy cmon.
Jordan

TMiracle wrote:

Jordan wrote:

All this negativity is just an excuse to mask your imperfections and fears, it's nothing more than a completely unnecessary barrier created by your own mind.
All you do is basically create some kind of requirements for you to be happy, and if you don't reach them - you get depressed and eventually it becomes a vicious cycle and you end up falling to such things as self-hate and complete anxiety. You can be happy with everything you do - the process itself of going somewhere, trying something is more than enough to feel happy and fulfilled. After all, if you are not happy about what you do - how the hell are you going to achieve those goals and requirements in the first place?

And before you say: ''oh you guys don't understand, you haven't been there etc.'' - you have no clue what other people have been through. I've been through some really nasty stuff too and so were many others, probably everyone in fact.

Half of the posts in this forum I see are all negative and everyone's crying for no reason - stop making excuses, bashing yourself and just have fun instead, bring in some positive energy cmon.
>stop making excuses
people make excuses all the time to pretend to be happy
society has a strong stigma against just letting yourself feel sad or depressed when the moment comes which is the greater majority of the world's population lives - Long moments of "negative" feelings vs short bursts of happiness. Instead, you get told to "just pretend that everything is going well just throw in some positive energy JUST BEE URSELF xDxDxD
From a purely logical standpoint living wouldn't even make sense if the negative moments in life overwhelm the positive ones but something called survival instinct is keeping us there.
All I said was use the negative things in life as fuel to do what you want to accomplish
Anger > depression anyway
You're also implying one's well-being isn't entirely dependant on needs that have to be satisfied. That argument wouldn't be hypocritical only if you were some ascetic hermit living in the mountains.
It's true that the lower the expectations the more satisfied you can be, but that pretty much translates to "be content with underachieving and not striving to reach your full potential".
Eymi
I think of the future to stay motivate.
TMiracle

Jordan wrote:

>stop making excuses
people make excuses all the time to pretend to be happy
society has a strong stigma against just letting yourself feel sad or depressed when the moment comes which is the greater majority of the world's population lives - Long moments of "negative" feelings vs short bursts of happiness. Instead, you get told to "just pretend that everything is going well just throw in some positive energy JUST BEE URSELF xDxDxD
From a purely logical standpoint living wouldn't even make sense if the negative moments in life overwhelm the positive ones but something called survival instinct is keeping us there.
All I said was use the negative things in life as fuel to do what you want to accomplish
Anger > depression anyway
You're also implying one's well-being isn't entirely dependant on needs that have to be satisfied. That argument wouldn't be hypocritical only if you were some ascetic hermit living in the mountains.
It's true that the lower the expectations the more satisfied you can be, but that pretty much translates to "be content with underachieving and not striving to reach your full potential".
I'm not gonna go into deep discussion about this, I just gonna say few closing things:

In every situation you can either be positive or negative - no matter what situation it is. You can either cry and be depressed, make excuses, or accept whatever happened and just move on and do your best to improve it.
Let's give a simple example of osu: you get 100% acc on a song, but right before end your osu crashes. - now you got two choices: 1. be sad and angry that your epic play was ruined or 2. be amazed and happy that ''oh well, shit happens - but daaaamn dat acc was insane, I'm really improving yey''.

Also, true happiness is attained when constantly pushing yourself to your limits and going beyond your comfort zone (think about all the proudest moments on your life - I bet all of them were incredibly hard and challenging to get).
But that doesn't mean you can't enjoy small things,everything you do.

I always feel happy and motivated, because everyday I wake is not because my alarm clock forces me to - but I'm excited to learn new things and push my limits. In the end, how you feel is simply a choice, unfortunately most choose negative approach.
Foxtrot

Railey2 wrote:

why not scratch the depression, frustration and self hate and start out with happiness right away?
I wish it was that easy.
Cyclohexane
i purposely set myself up in shitty situations where i seriously get in trouble if i don't hustle

it works surprisingly well
Jordan

Mr Color wrote:

i purposely set myself up in shitty situations where i seriously get in trouble if i don't hustle

Iktf. I'm lazy as fuck but I can do a fuckton of things at once when I'm under pressure.
Foxtrot
I do as well, but it's just common sense to try harder when you know your ass is on the line.
Faust

Mr Color wrote:

Can vouch for this.

Basically my army life, except I didn't have to try. Plenty of times I didn't care though, got chewed out. Life goes on etc.
Seph

Jordan wrote:

Because man by nature is greedy.

just passing by
balldoowell
By looking my rank and PP go up.
Senedaj
I play with other friends or make a break. Very easily :D