forum

the dillemma between exercising and playing osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sadpwner
I exercise every 2-3 days as in push ups, chin ups and various other exercises. The issue with this is that during recovery it puts way too much strain on my shoulder to do jumps in osu!. I can play in the 5-5.5 range fine but I need my shoulder for the 6 star+ range. Is anyone faced with this issue and if so, how do you circumvent it asides from abstaining from exercise?
Deva
Go back to 2* maps.
TMiracle

sadpwner wrote:

I can play in the 5-5.5 range fine

dem fine NF plays, top kek.
Sayorie
Do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running everyday
then you can play 6* maps
TMiracle

Arthraxium wrote:

Do 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and 10km running everyday
then you can play 6* maps
There are consequences tho: you will get bald.
-Makishima S-
You will not achieve anything by spamming maps too hard for you.
At begining you are not supposed to use NF mod but learn how this game works and work your way into higher star rating maps.
With current gameplay you just destroy your ability to properly play maps.

What can i say... go back to 2* maps and start playing from begining because amount of bad habits what you developed is horrendous.

Just remember - being able to play = reach minimum 97-98% acc and FC/almost FC without NF.
So far you just mash and react on circles, nothing else. You don't play a rhythm game.
DeathHydra
You can pass everything with NF why complain you can't do 6+ maps?
[ Kakuja ]
All these 150k rank'ish players implying they play +5.5* fine.
winber1

sadpwner wrote:

The issue with this is that during recovery it puts way too much strain on my shoulder to do jumps in osu!
da fuq?

since when does osu ever require should strength, and secondly every 2-3 days is nothing insane. once you get used to it you won't even be sore the day after. And even when sore, you should still be able to play osu. you sir are either doing something wrong, or you just started this workout routine and are getting extreme soreness that should disappear from familiarity with the exercises.
Lambykinz

sadpwner wrote:

I can play in the 5-5.5 range fine

bruh
ZenithPhantasm
I feel like better posture is probably better for osu. Osu is a muscle memory game which means practice and efficiency is key. If you have compressed nerves you won't get anywhere.
ithgyu

sadpwner wrote:

I exercise every 2-3 days as in push ups, chin ups and various other exercises. The issue with this is that during recovery it puts way too much strain on my shoulder to do jumps in osu!. I can play in the 5-5.5 range fine but I need my shoulder for the 6 star+ range. Is anyone faced with this issue and if so, how do you circumvent it asides from abstaining from exercise?
I used to go to the gym 4 times a week, never had an issue with osu as a result of it. But why the fuck are you playing 6+ lol, there is a big difference between playing maps outside your range to challenge yourself and improve, than playing stuff that you outright cant do
Yuudachi-kun

[ Kakuja ] wrote:

bigfeh
I think the real question here is why do you play 5.5* maps
FrzR

bigfeh wrote:

I think the real question here is why do you play 5.5* maps
"give me good pp like other pro guys do"
B1rd
79 pp NF play dude nice
winber1

B1rd wrote:

79 pp NF play dude nice
i guess that's what you consider a sad pwner
DeathHydra

Apparently he only plays NF. Soon to be a pro NF player
TMiracle

DeathAdderz wrote:

Apparently he only plays NF. Soon to be a pro NF player
soon he's gonna do dat 69pp HR NF blue zenith [4dim], top kek.
Dre-

Khelly wrote:

[ Kakuja ] wrote:

Spirit_Dreamer
Dude don't play maps that you are definitely not ready to play yet.If you feel so much strain that you need recovery after playing osu and you keep this up RSI-san soon will knock on your door.