forum

[Archived] Is there a way to disable the pause-loop when on fail screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cocoa-
don't really like how both fail-sound and pause-loop mixed in together.. It sounds really weird >_>

Video showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/nn1xw/0e29e01779.mp4

osu! version: 20160227.3 (latest)
Pawsu
You can skin pause loop with this element: pause-loop.wav
To disable it, simply add a blank .wav in its place
This doesn't happen to me though, tried on Stable and CE.
Topic Starter
Cocoa-
The problem is i want both fail-sound and pause-loop, i just wanna disable pause loop only at the fail section, not the pause section >_>
Ted_the_red
yeah there should be an exception here so that the sounds don't overlap. if fail-sound is skinned, pause-loop should wait for fail-sound to finish. Or there should be a fail-loop that overrides pause-loop on fail screen, which would also wait to trigger if fail-sound is skinned
Topic Starter
Cocoa-

Ted wrote:

yeah there should be an exception here so that the sounds don't overlap. if fail-sound is skinned, pause-loop should wait for fail-sound to finish. Or there should be a fail-loop that overrides pause-loop on fail screen, which would also wait to trigger if fail-sound is skinned
smth like that i guess..
DragoBruder
And nothing new? No news? I'm waiting too... And I need it.
Jitzera 9
Why is this not fixed yet
it's been 4 years
Death

Jitzera 9 wrote:

Why is this not fixed yet
it's been 4 years
Probably because it is not a bug. It also doesn't impact the usability of the game at all.
C24Rew
I found something. You open Audacity or some other audio editing app and you put in the fail sound and pause loop. You select pause loop, then in the top menu where it says effects, search for invert. Now when the horn goes down in the original audio, it will go up in the current one, so the 2 audio files will cancel each other out and there will be no sound, but when I tried it I realized that pause loop starts to play with a certain delay.

Some time ago I made the comment and I don't exactly remember how much the delay was, it was something around 1.9 seconds, but it turns out that pause loop doesn't sound exactly the same as the original file, so you'll have to record the pause loop, cut it exactly where it starts, so it's the same as the original, put the delay on it and see what happens.