forum

So like... do Koreans dislike Cookiezi now?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Setsuna
You know... because he basically wants to ditch(ed) Korea and Martial service?
Yuudachi-kun
I don't think anyone cares
Ephemeral

Khelly wrote:

I don't think anyone cares
piruchan
I care about him returning, but I don't care this much about him. I don't even know what happened.
mokyu
As far as I know, they do. He has so many people from different countries on his friend list, yet none of them are Korean.
Shohei Ohtani
TBH I don't even really know if Koreans are actually people or if they're just literally living meme machines.

This applies to China as well.
Cyclohexane
who?
puccithecat

- ISetsunaI - wrote:

You know... because he basically wants to ditch(ed) Korea and Martial service?
they dislike cookiezi because they are jealous of him and i bet no other corean can beat him
Nameless
Better questions - why the fuck does it matter? Why would Koreans care?
Vuelo Eluko
most koreans stay in korea because of their financial situation, its a cheap place to live. why should anyone commit to 2 years of literal slavery if they aren't poor af?
Topic Starter
Setsuna
I think you guys are overreacting with the "Why the fuck does it matter" type of comments.

I don't fanboy cookiezi, nor do i even personally like him. I find people like Happysticks and Doomsday more amusing to watch as a player and a viewer.

I asked the question because I just wanted to know if the people in Korea (not to be stereotypical) find him a "dishonor" to the nation because he didn't want to serve the country (I also find that bullshit, like in Finland and Korea, why the hell do u have to do service? It's not like Kim Jong Un or Adolf Hitler v2 will go marching into the country like no man's business). I mean, if I was a Korean, if i had nationalistic pride, I would hate on him for wanting to change his flag to Japan, not the fact that he dodged his service. It's more rude that he wants to go a step further and become a "Japanese" player. Not that it matters in a game about circle clicking.

Also, saying "it doesn't really matter" doesn't make you sound smarter or whatever the hell the purpose is. If a person is asking an actual question and he wants an answer, then leave the person be. Your opinion has nothing to do with the answer I want. I don't care if you are a mod or a player.

Besides, it's usually the players who has nothing better to do anyways. 3,000+ view posts and can't get out and smell the roses damn. Trying to make themselves like a forum warrior or whatever.
Nameless

- ISetsunaI - wrote:

Also, saying "it doesn't really matter" doesn't make you sound smarter or whatever the hell the purpose is. If a person is asking an actual question and he wants an answer, then leave the person be. Your opinion has nothing to do with the answer I want. I don't care if you are a mod or a player.
I don't believe we're trying to sound smarter (or at least, I'm not) by asking questions questioning whether the original question actually matters. Also, if you want many serious answers, don't ask on OT. We don't give serious answers often here. Serious answers to questions are usually a minority here.
Topic Starter
Setsuna

Nameless wrote:

- ISetsunaI - wrote:

I don't believe we're trying to sound smarter (or at least, I'm not) by asking questions questioning whether the original question actually matters. Also, if you want many serious answers, don't ask on OT. We don't give serious answers often here. Serious answers to questions are usually a minority here.
There's no other sub-forums for this question lol. And it wasn't even supposed to be "serious serious". It was just a simple question. I mean, anyone from Korea that speaks english can just say "Oh yeah, some people don't like how he moved, but we aren't really bothered by that", the same way a person from America can say "Yeah people are overreacting to trump like mad."

Not that hard lol.
abraker

Setsuna wrote:

There's no other sub-forums for this question lol.
It's not osu! gameplay, so 7
Jordan

Setsuna wrote:

I think you guys are overreacting with the "Why the fuck does it matter" type of comments.

I don't fanboy cookiezi, nor do i even personally like him. I find people like Happysticks and Doomsday more amusing to watch as a player and a viewer.

I asked the question because I just wanted to know if the people in Korea (not to be stereotypical) find him a "dishonor" to the nation because he didn't want to serve the country (I also find that bullshit, like in Finland and Korea, why the hell do u have to do service? It's not like Kim Jong Un or Adolf Hitler v2 will go marching into the country like no man's business). I mean, if I was a Korean, if i had nationalistic pride, I would hate on him for wanting to change his flag to Japan, not the fact that he dodged his service. It's more rude that he wants to go a step further and become a "Japanese" player. Not that it matters in a game about circle clicking.

Besides, it's usually the players who has nothing better to do anyways. 3,000+ view posts and can't get out and smell the roses damn. Trying to make themselves like a forum warrior or whatever.
Military service makes sense when your country's location or international affairs make it at war risk. Which is the case of S. Korea. However it doesn't make much sense to have it in Finland or any other EU country unless you're bordering with turkroaches turks or kebabs.
Topic Starter
Setsuna

Jordan wrote:

Setsuna wrote:

or kebabs.
LOL
Yuudachi-kun
It doesn't really matter because who gives a shit if someone doesn't do their military conscription? That's their business that doesn't mean anything to anyone else.
Railey2

Setsuna wrote:

(I also find that bullshit, like in Finland and Korea, why the hell do u have to do service? It's not like Kim Jong Un or Adolf Hitler v2 will go marching into the country like no man's business). I mean, if I was a Korean, if i had nationalistic pride, I would hate on him for wanting to change his flag to Japan, not the fact that he dodged his service.
Then you are not being very consistent with your nationalistic Korean pride. Isn't serving your country one of the greatest honor for nationalists, and adversely.. ditching mandatory military service an insult to your nation?
Secondly, treating NK like a rational country is a very dangerous policy if you have it as a neighbor. Hoping for the best might not be a smart thing to do.

Khelly wrote:

It doesn't really matter because who gives a shit if someone doesn't do their military conscription? That's their business that doesn't mean anything to anyone else.
If there is a threat from a foreign country then everyone who ditches military service makes the country a slightly more dangerous place to live in. It is very much other peoples business.

I still think that hate for this reason would be unjustified. Hate would be justified if Cookiezi stayed in South Korea and enjoyed all the benefits that come with living there while not fulfilling his part of the deal. But he doesn't do that. He didn't like what his country asked of him, so he left as soon as he could and got himself a new country. If he doesn't claim the benefits that come with being South Korean, then he doesn't own them shit as I see it.
Aurani
I don't know if I got cancer from reading the actual posts or the fact that OP is trying to make it sound like he's not asking a ridiculously retarded question when he in fact knows the pointlessness and idiocy of asking such a thing in the first place.
First stop trying to pretend like you're asking an intelligent and highly insightful question so you can cover your butthurtness over how little shit other people give about the thread and THEN criticise them.

No, no one really gives a shit if memelord18 ditched his poor nation - people do it every day. No, no one is trying to be a warrior by saying that no one gives a shit, because literally no one gives a shit if you're alive or dead right now, let alone if some random Korean didn't want to go to military.
People in your country will ALWAYS view you as a cunt if you ditch service (if your country has it, that is), and that does not only go for memelord18. Are you satisfied with the answer? You wanted it as straightforward as possible, so there.

P.S. Let's not even go into the whole shallowness of your question about how you can't think of a good reason why Finland and Korea have mandatory service. If you REALLY want to ask the question about why memelord18 ditched service, you first have to understand why the service is there in the first place. You obviously don't know about it, so I'd first suggest reading a bit of history or at least paying attention to your history lessons in school and then asking this question again, from another point of view.
Foxtrot

Setsuna wrote:

(I also find that bullshit, like in Finland and Korea, why the hell do u have to do service? It's not like Kim Jong Un or Adolf Hitler v2 will go marching into the country like no man's business).
IIRC the constant tension between South and North Korea is the reason why conscription is a thing over there. There is no peace treaty between the two countries. There have been protests about it but after that attempt back in 2010 from North Korea, the government completely discarded the idea of shortening military service. I don't know about Finland.
show more