forum

What is the main component of streaming?

posted
Total Posts

What is the main component of streaming?

Tapping
76.77%
Aim
23.23%
Total votes: 99
show more
-Makishima S-

B1rd wrote:

'tapping and not aim is the main element of streaming'
DeathHydra
Easy to aim (stacks) -> tapping is main component
Easy to tap (comfortable bpm) -> aim is main component

Why is this so hard to understand....

[Taiga] wrote:

That DT by rrtyui....
Topic Starter
B1rd
lol I can't be bothered reading these blocks of text right now,

But I never said that streaming didn't require aim. I said that streaming does require aim in some form but tapping is more important.
-Makishima S-

B1rd wrote:

But I never said that streaming didn't require aim. I said that streaming does require aim in some form but tapping is more important.
v

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

You are an idiot, one more time.
There is countless amount of examples where aim and not tapping is main component of streams.
Mahogany

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Spaced streams are not hard to aim
p/4922735

B1rd wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Streaming IS aim.
No it's not.
p/4922648
Saphirshroom

B1rd wrote:

lol I can't be bothered reading these blocks of text right now,

:|
Topic Starter
B1rd

Mahogany wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Spaced streams are not hard to aim
p/4922735
Would you be content if I said that streams are somewhat hard to aim depending on how spaced the stream? Even though spaced streams increase the tapping difficulty increases as well? Because most streams still require better tapping skill than aiming.

Mahogany wrote:

B1rd wrote:

No it's not.
p/4922648
Are you trying say that I meant that streams require no aim whatsoever? Because I was meaning is that streams are more about tapping instead of being all about aim.

[Taiga] wrote:

B1rd wrote:

v

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

B1rd wrote:

You are an idiot, one more time.
There is countless amount of examples where aim and not tapping is main component of streams.
Well done, you repeated the thing I've been arguing about this whole time. Are you trying to imply that the quote means stream require no aim whatsoever?
Baka94
I personally value accuracy more than aim. Not just in streams. In every aspect of gameplay I think accuracy is more important than a high combo. I still can't personally stream for too long and I usually fall behind in long streams, but it really makes me happy when I see that I completed a long stream almost perfectly. seeing the stream full of 100s and 50s doesn't really make you happy even if you can survive it.
Deva

Baka94 wrote:

I personally value accuracy more than aim. Not just in streams. In every aspect of gameplay I think accuracy is more important than a high combo. I still can't personally stream for too long and I usually fall behind in long streams, but it really makes me happy when I see that I completed a long stream almost perfectly. seeing the stream full of 100s and 50s doesn't really make you happy even if you can survive it.
Once you become capable of getting all 300s on most of streams you will see just how important aim is.
-Makishima S-
Are you trying to imply that the quote means stream require no aim whatsoever?
So far you didn't said anything else except trying to recover from shitty position when people prove you that aim can be way more important while streaming than 'tapping'.
Yes, it's what i understand from your mumbling.

Because I was meaning is that streams are more about tapping instead of being all about aim.
That's still pure bullshit.
Over/understreaming is in most cases an aim issue.
It's way easier to tap streams in your comfortable bpm than aim them if it comes to weird shapes / spacing / jumpstreams.
Be fuckin clear with what you say and just admit you are talking about STACKS, not pure streams. I cannot call stack a stream, it's more like burst stack since it require zero or almost zero aim.

Anyway, i am done talking to you, it's pointless since Khelly, Maho also tryed to prove you that aim is very important, yet you created completly idiotic poll for whatever reason and still claim that 'tapping' is more important while... yes - we have here already videos proving that AIM is more important than tapping.
N0thingSpecial
can someone just lock this, this is so pointless, as if there was an main component in the first place.
Deva

N0thingSpecial wrote:

as if there was an main component in the first place.
Its brain, you need it for both aim and tapping :D
-Makishima S-

HK_ wrote:

N0thingSpecial wrote:

as if there was an main component in the first place.
Definitly +1
N0thingSpecial

HK_ wrote:

HOW COULD I NEGLECT SOMETHING THIS IMPORTANT WHILE I PLAY, I CAN FINALLY SHIT OUT 600PP PLAY LEFT AND RIGHT. HK_ YOU DA REAL MVP !!111!!111111!!!!!!!
Kunino Sagiri
just be yourself
Sayorie
well I can aim a 300bpm stream but I can't tap it so I guess I need to tap more
chainpullz

Arthraxium wrote:

well I can aim a 300bpm stream but I can't tap it so I guess I need to tap more
I can find 160 bpm streams you can tap but not aim. Your point?
Topic Starter
B1rd

[Taiga] wrote:

Are you trying to imply that the quote means stream require no aim whatsoever?
So far you didn't said anything else except trying to recover from shitty position when people prove you that aim can be way more important while streaming than 'tapping'.
Yes, it's what i understand from your mumbling.

Because I was meaning is that streams are more about tapping instead of being all about aim.
That's still pure bullshit.
Over/understreaming is in most cases an aim issue.
It's way easier to tap streams in your comfortable bpm than aim them if it comes to weird shapes / spacing / jumpstreams.
Be fuckin clear with what you say and just admit you are talking about STACKS, not pure streams. I cannot call stack a stream, it's more like burst stack since it require zero or almost zero aim.

Anyway, i am done talking to you, it's pointless since Khelly, Maho also tryed to prove you that aim is very important, yet you created completly idiotic poll for whatever reason and still claim that 'tapping' is more important while... yes - we have here already videos proving that AIM is more important than tapping.
You seem really buttblasted for some reason.

If you're gonna use this argument that 'if you can tap comfortably', then you've already admitted that you need to be able to tap it first which makes tapping the primary factor.

You say that the poll is silly, except that the poll is the exact question we're arguing about. You say that I'm trying to get out of a tough position? You're just projecting. The poll is in my favour, and so is common sense.
Drezi
Relax doesn't prove anything, since it still clicks for you as soon as you arrive on the note even if you would've missed it otherwise with perfectly timed tapping due to your cursor lagging behind.

Regardless, it's incredibly convoluted to argue that aim is the most important factor to streams as a general truth since those cases where insufficient aim is the reason for not being able to clear a stream are not in the majority, generally speaking for all skill levels and maps combined.

If we look at the highest levels of play, the proportion of cases where insufficient aim is the issue increases of course. It's obvious that for Blue Zenith FD, FDFD HR etc. aim is the main issue.

I voted tapping.
Yuudachi-kun

Mahogany wrote:

Also, you're showing you really know absolutely nothing by trying to use a RELAX SCORE to prove your point. RELAX SCORES mean nothing, at all. I also seem to remember you saying you can't stream at all, from a while back. If you can't even do streams, what makes you qualified to talk about them? Especially when you're arguing with Khel, who is a freak when it comes to doing streams.

I'm just going to leave this here. LOL STREAMS DONT REQUIRE AIM
I was playing Eve all day, so I'm just going to post my hilarious stream aim fail

B1rd wrote:

If you're gonna use this argument that 'if you can tap comfortably', then you've already admitted that you need to be able to tap it first which makes tapping the primary factor.
I'm going to call it fundamental but not primary since I believe streaming makes up the larger percentage of what is required. Something like "Fundamental tapping 10% Aiming 60% Being able to tap well and accurately 30%" where each layer requires the previous one.

That's why I originally said "Streaming IS aim" when someone wants to differentiate between aim and stream maps. (Hint, call them jump and stream maps.) Your originally reply was that it isn't.
Without being able to properly aim a stream, you cannot even begin to play that stream accurately. If the aim requirement of the stream is really fucking low, then you shouldn't have as much of a problem.
Drezi
And "without being able to properly tap a stream, you cannot even begin to play that stream accurately" so it makes zero sense to compare both aspects this way.

a*b equals zero if either component is zero, both are required and you can't give percentages and layers for how much so lol. Rather you should look at a state where one CAN'T play a stream properly, and consider which of the two aspects is the cause of that statistically more often.

zzz
Deva

chainpullz wrote:

I can find 160 bpm streams you can tap but not aim.
Please enlighten me
Mahogany
Well 8bit princess' 150bpm streams for one :D
Ohrami
it obviously depends on the map and the person playing
Yuudachi-kun

Drezi wrote:

And "without being able to properly tap a stream, you cannot even begin to play that stream accurately" so it makes zero sense to compare both aspects this way.

a*b equals zero if either component is zero, both are required and you can't give percentages and layers for how much so lol. Rather you should look at a state where one CAN'T play a stream properly, and consider which of the two aspects is the cause of that statistically more often.

zzz
I'm saying which is required FIRST then SECOND then THIRD (You see that? Prerequesites?) and how much of a percentage it is in terms of actually skill, effort/whatever you need to stream.
Drezi
Except it makes no sense, but I can see you're very happy with your layers.

You can't just decide that yay fundamental tapping comes first followed by aim or vica versa, one is not a prerequesite of the other just because you put them in a neat little order. You need to be able to both press buttons and move your cursor in the first place to do anything with a stream, simply one or the other might be more challenging depending on the stream/player and that's about it. (And for most people on most streams it's often tapping, which the vote seems to indicate aswell.)
chainpullz
Ohrami

Khelly wrote:

Drezi wrote:

zzz
I'm saying which is required FIRST then SECOND then THIRD (You see that? Prerequesites?) and how much of a percentage it is in terms of actually skill, effort/whatever you need to stream.
I don't see how you can need aim first and clicking second when you get all miss if you don't have both. Technically, if you want to use layers like that, clicking is more important because sometimes the circles can spawn under your cursor even if you are unable to move it. Even if you aim perfectly, without clicking, your accuracy will always be 0%.

This whole thread is basically a crapshoot because "What is the main component of streaming?" translates for most people, "What do you usually find the most difficult about streams?" which is subjective. If you ask Cookiezi, he'll say clicking is way harder than aiming, but if you ask cptnXn you'll get the opposite opinion.
winber1
If you tap perfectly but your aim is not great, there is still a small chance that you might SS the stream. However, if your aim is perfect and your streaming is sub-par, there is no chance to hit that stream, let alone get an SS. I mean the idea of streaming is derived from the fact that there are a lot of notes close together in time, i.e. the idea of having to tap fast to hit them.

And in terms of learning to stream, people will probably generally agree to practice getting the BPM down properly before even attempting the streams.

Their importance, however, differs in circumstance and for different players, and the question itself is kind of hinting at that fact, that subjective opinion on what is "more important." I think we can all safely say and agree that the idea of streaming comes from having to tap/click fast, and that's literally it. The rest of the discussion went on to argue what's more important, and as stated there's not really a true answer as it depends on circumstance and player (i.e. how much of each skill is required for this particular case varies).

I would also not put statistics into this as even if statistically less aim is generally required for most streams we see, since some cases are without a doubt more focused on the aim aspect.

I feel we agree on a similar premise, but are now blindly arguing about something completely different

like man, y heff to b med? jus' pley gema.
I Give Up
Clearly anime grill bg is main component. /thread
abraker
Serious answer here,

Tapping and/or aiming depending what kind of stream it is. The shorter the interval between the notes, the more tapping needs to be done, and vice-versa. The more spaced out the stream is, the more aiming needs to be done, and vise-versa. You can have aim-tap heavy streams if you want to like or the other 3 combinations (tapping, aiming, or none).
DeathHydra

winber1 wrote:

man, y heff to b med? jus' pley gema.
timemon
I have been practicing 175-180bpm for awhile. I can at least say my streaming on that bpm range is competent, but just because you can stream doesn't mean you can't fuck up.

people in this thread seems to think once you learn how to stream you will stream flawlessly ever that you won't have to worry about your tapping, only aim.
there are only a few maps that have really hard spaced streams. most maps just have normal streams.

I practice Mynarco Addiction and United everyday. and most of my fails come from brainfarts than misaims.
Yuudachi-kun
My united streaming fails come from not being able to aim the harder streams. Makes it harder to tap and I get understreaming or some shit even though its only 175 bpm. :P
timemon
the first stream in united is the hardest one. I get understreaming too when I stream a really long spaced stream.

also tapping gets much harder when you play HR. (Practice everything w/ HR)
Yuudachi-kun
or maybe that's the harder aim making it seem harder to tap.
Deva
acc streaming > aim streaming > streaming streaming

ordered by difficulty dunno what happens when you acc by default tho
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

acc streaming > aim streaming > streaming streaming

ordered by difficulty dunno what happens when you acc by default tho

I support this
Yolshka
Streaming streaming?
Deva

ShadyAngel wrote: